Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,777 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by TCTTS
VanZandt92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Urban Ag said:

TCTTS said:

I really dig this basic idea. Honestly, I don't need to watch another wise old Jedi train another apprentice. We've been there done that. I want them to shake it up somehow, and this would be a cool way to do that. I also really like the idea of Rey being abandoned yet again ("like" it in terms of narrative, not that I actually want her to be abandoned again).
This. Pleas shake it up. I think the thing about TFA that ultimately left people feeling kind of hollow about it was coming to terms with the fact that we'd literally seen all of this before and in some cases twice. The more you think about it the more annoying it becomes.
Yup. Star Wars retreads
Hagen95
AG
I don't understand why there is this clamor for Rey to turn to the dark side. A strong Jedi apprentice turning to the dark side is the ultimate retread in this saga. I also agree with the above post that Disney wont' let that happen to this character.
AgMarauder04
AG
https://instagr.am/p/BPqBSPZBRoo
wangus12
AG
Looks off-center. The movie is doomed
TCTTS
AG
Currently on my phone. Has anyone blown up that photo yet to look for potential scene heading clues on the monitor? Surely Rian wouldn't be that careless...
Flashdiaz
AG
TCTTS said:

Currently on my phone. Has anyone blown up that photo yet to look for potential scene heading clues on the monitor? Surely Rian wouldn't be that careless...
lol... was about to post 'ENHANCE!'
Chipotlemonger
AG
Ah screw it. stupid gif harder to post from comp than phones now.
3rdGen2015
AG
So you don't have to figure out how to get around Instagram's no-zoom-ability:

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

https://instagr.am/p/BPqBSPZBRoo
Boner achieved.
TCTTS
AG
Actually, you CAN zoom in on on Instagram photos now. Just remembered.
3rdGen2015
AG
Oh really? I couldn't do it in the browser, so I assumed you still couldn't. Learn something new everyday.
TCTTS
AG
Only on the app, yeah.
TCTTS
AG
That said, it's way too pixelated to make anything out.
The Collective
AG
I zoomed in and saw heading: "Convorees destroy the dark side". How badass will it be when the First Order gets obliterated by some water fowl.?
jabberwalkie09
AG
While I don't think it's literal Convorees, I think I remember that there was a mention that they would some how work into Episode VIII. It's interesting to note how in Rebels Convorees popped up when Ahsoka was around in the second season, and there were a few interesting theories to their connection to the story.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Just watch it.

The Collective
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Just watch it.

Well, ***** Who is going to launder my jeans for me?
Flashdiaz
AG
So, Rey is handing Luke his saber business end towards him.... shouldn't she be handing it to him so he can hold it? Unless she ignites it as he reaches for it and kills him within 30 seconds of The Last Jedi starting! That would surely break the mold...
AliasMan02
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

While I don't think it's literal Convorees, I think I remember that there was a mention that they would some how work into Episode VIII. It's interesting to note how in Rebels Convorees popped up when Ahsoka was around in the second season, and there were a few interesting theories to their connection to the story.

They're the avatar for something. I think we'll see that in Rebels, though, not TLJ. I suspect they're related to the Whills or Force Priestesses.
The Collective
AG
Flashdiaz said:

So, Rey is handing Luke his saber business end towards him.... shouldn't she be handing it to him so he can hold it? Unless she ignites it as he reaches for it and kills him within 30 seconds of The Last Jedi starting! That would surely break the mold...

Not gonna lie, this has always bothered me. But, I guess she is a novice!
Sex Panther
AG
CJS4715 said:

Flashdiaz said:

Not gonna lie, this has always bothered me. But, I guess she is a novice!

jabberwalkie09
AG
AliasMan02 said:

jabberwalkie09 said:

They're the avatar for something. I think we'll see that in Rebels, though, not TLJ. I suspect they're related to the Whills or Force Priestesses.
Agreed and I guess it could also be the Daughter from Mortis (ugh why did that arc have to find some relevance now?), but I was thinking that it might be a group acting on behalf of whatever it is that the Convorees are an avatar for.
AliasMan02
AG
Just thought about this, but if they are avatars/familiars of a Force sect that uses the living Force to commune with animals or something, that could be Ezra's ultimate fate rather than death.
The Collective
AG
To be honest, I was just making fun of these creatures. I doubt they even explore the idea. It is common for mythos like this to pop up and explained in rumors, yet the actual movie merely hints at the idea or avoids it altogether (kyber crystals, jedi/sith artifacts, etc).
Flashdiaz
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Just thought about this, but if they are avatars/familiars of a Force sect that uses the living Force to commune with animals or something, that could be Ezra's ultimate fate rather than death.
Ezra turns into a bird, I hope not. I literally just read that Magic Treehouse book with my 5 yr old.
jabberwalkie09
AG
I'm afraid that I'm not quite following... Can you expound on how that would work a bit more?
TCTTS
AG
This is pretty great...

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-line-mark-hamill-begged-george-lucas-remove-968032

jabberwalkie09
AG
Damn, didn't Ford once say "George, no one says stuff like this" or something to that effect? That's some context there.
AliasMan02
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

I'm afraid that I'm not quite following... Can you expound on how that would work a bit more?

So, known:

- The Corvee birds we see in Rebels have meaning. They're observers and are somehow Force-related. It's a secret we'll be let in on eventually.
- Ezra and Kanan are a "problem" to the saga. They need to die or otherwise be out of commission by ANH.
- Ezra's most natural talent is control of/empathy with animals. He is also on a slow slide toward the Dark Side (somewhat stable currently but still an issue), which also must be resolved.
- There has been a deliberate effort by the Story Group to emphasize that there are more Force sects out there than Jedi and Sith. In many cases these are natural/innate sorts of understandings like with the Bendu or the Force Priestesses. Even the Nightsisters used the Force in a sort of instinctive, sideways fashion.

My only thought was connecting a few of these strings:

Ezra is unable to resolve on the Jedi way of doing things. It's too restrictive. It turns out that there is some other Force sect out there that is more about balance and the natural flow of the Force rather than controlling it. This Druidic sort of order are observers and recorders. They watch the goings-on of the Force in the world in many ways, one of which is communion with animal familiars that allow them to see what's going on around the galaxy, which they record. Maybe they're even called the Whills.

Ezra finds this to be his true calling and leaves Kanan to join this other sect.

This isn't even really a theory. Just a thought.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Hmm interesting line of thinking. They've definitely been making the effort to show that there are other sects, that's for damn sure.

Personally, I found (forgot by whom) the mention of Ezra being on Mandalore during the OT being a pretty viable excuse/reason for him not being around during the OT. With the natural progression of Sabine's story to be her taking over Mandalore, I can see their friendship/partnership strengthening and eventually him going there for some reason. I can see that being a viable exit for him, possibly by extension taking a more neutral path like Ahsoka or Bendu being a follower of being in the middle. Though never really finding the balance, because the volatility is part of his personality IMO that balance will always be a struggle for him. Watching "Trials of the Darksaber" again, I think that Ezra's willingness to follow Sabine at the end of the episode may become more than just a symbolic gesture.

I think we can all agree that Kanan is going to die in the series. I'm thinking that Rex will die in the series too, and I think a proper send off for him would be a heroic sacrifice with the other two clones we left on Seelos. We know that from Rogue One that Hera and Chopper will survive at least until then. So then we're left with Zeb and Ezra needing to find a conclusion to their stories, or a new beginning.
Dro07
AG
I think Zeb is alive possibly only reference they made to him in Rogue One i guess you could say was when one of them said Karabast. Zen is the last of the lasat right? So many may not know his language so possibility that is picked up from him? I know its a stretch
Flashdiaz
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

. I'm thinking that Rex will die in the series too, and I think a proper send off for him would be a heroic sacrifice with the other two clones we left on Seelos. We know that from Rogue One that Hera and Chopper will survive at least until then. So then we're left with Zeb and Ezra needing to find a conclusion to their stories, or a new beginning.
Rex survives and is in Return of the Jedi

https://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2016/03/star-wars-rebels-showrunner-dave-filoni-confirms-popular-fan-theory-about-rex.html

jabberwalkie09
AG
That's Filoni's speculation on it being Rex. I don't really buy that as evidence.
jabberwalkie09
AG
dromo07 said:

I think Zeb is alive possibly only reference they made to him in Rogue One i guess you could say was when one of them said Karabast. Zen is the last of the lasat right? So many may not know his language so possibility that is picked up from him? I know its a stretch
Possibly, but it could be a colloquialism that someone else picked up. Ezra has said it IIRC. I only saw Rogue One once, and I don't remember the line. Zeb thought he was the last of the Lasat, but we saw two others in "Legends of the Lasat" in which they went to Lira San in season 2. It was revealed in that episode that even though nearly all of the Lasat on Lasan were exterminated, that there were Lasat still on Lira San.
TXAG 05
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

Damn, didn't Ford once say "George, no one says stuff like this" or something to that effect? That's some context there.

Ford said something like, "You can read this stuff, but you can't say it"
First Page Last Page
Page 542 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.