Star Wars Discussion Thread

3,197,907 Views | 30781 Replies | Last: 21 hrs ago by Brian Earl Spilner
SpreadsheetAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Mark Hamill Pens Touching Tribute To Carrie Fisher

Quote:

"It's never easy to lose such a vital, irreplaceable member of the family, but this is downright heartbreaking. Carrie was one-of-a-kind who belonged to us all- whether she liked it or not. She was OUR Princess, damn it, & the actress who played her blurred into one gorgeous, fiercely independent & ferociously funny, take-charge woman who took our collective breath away," he wrote.

"Determined & tough, but with a vulnerability that made you root for her & want her to succeed & be happy. She played such a crucial role in my professional & personal life, & both would have been far emptier without her. I am grateful for the laughter, the wisdom, the kindness & even the bratty, self-indulgent crap my beloved space-twin gave me through the years. Thanks Carrie. I love you, mh."
RiverDog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TCTTS said:


That's fake. Those are Kershner's notes.
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Damn. Saw that posted everywhere.
I Have Spoken
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ag Since 83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's obviously under terrible circumstances, but, strangely enough, our first look at Luke and Leia in Episode VIII comes via Oscar Isaac's Facebook page. Not that it's any surprise, but I'd say this all but confirms that Luke and Leia have at least one scene together...

LeonardSkinner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If Han's death pushed Kylo Ren over a precipice, would Leia's death bring him back?
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Definitely an interesting thought.
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aggie kid said:

If Han's death pushed Kylo Ren over a precipice, would Leia's death bring him back?
Maybe he tries to save her? And not in that BS Anakin way.
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've never thought about this before, but most of TFA dealt with Kylo's feelings toward Han. Almost nothing (actually nothing?) about Leia.
Duncan Idaho
How long do you want to ignore this user?
aggie1906 said:

aggie kid said:

If Han's death pushed Kylo Ren over a precipice, would Leia's death bring him back?
Maybe he tries to save her? And not in that BS Anakin way.


So he lets the younglings live?
I Have Spoken
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Maybe Kylo will lose the will to live.
Ag Since 83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
redline248 said:

I've never thought about this before, but most of TFA dealt with Kylo's feelings toward Han. Almost nothing (actually nothing?) about Leia.
That's a good point. In Bloodline, the galaxy (and Ben, who isn't in the novel directly but is referred to) finds out that Leia is Darth Vader's daughter. The novel has her sending him a message apologizing for not telling him the truth sooner, so it would be interesting if the movies explored his reaction to that news and his relationship with his mother who withheld that information for so long.
Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ag Since 83 said:

redline248 said:

I've never thought about this before, but most of TFA dealt with Kylo's feelings toward Han. Almost nothing (actually nothing?) about Leia.
That's a good point. In Bloodline, the galaxy (and Ben, who isn't in the novel directly but is referred to) finds out that Leia is Darth Vader's daughter. The novel has her sending him a message apologizing for not telling him the truth sooner, so it would be interesting if the movies explored his reaction to that news and his relationship with his mother who withheld that information for so long.

i'm pretty sure he is aware of it....he called DV his grandfather. and he knows it isn't from his father.



Ag Since 83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

Ag Since 83 said:

redline248 said:

I've never thought about this before, but most of TFA dealt with Kylo's feelings toward Han. Almost nothing (actually nothing?) about Leia.
That's a good point. In Bloodline, the galaxy (and Ben, who isn't in the novel directly but is referred to) finds out that Leia is Darth Vader's daughter. The novel has her sending him a message apologizing for not telling him the truth sooner, so it would be interesting if the movies explored his reaction to that news and his relationship with his mother who withheld that information for so long.

i'm pretty sure he is aware of it....he called DV his grandfather. and he knows it isn't from his father.




I'm referring to when he first found out, and how it affected his relationship with his mother.
Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ag Since 83 said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

Ag Since 83 said:

redline248 said:

I've never thought about this before, but most of TFA dealt with Kylo's feelings toward Han. Almost nothing (actually nothing?) about Leia.
That's a good point. In Bloodline, the galaxy (and Ben, who isn't in the novel directly but is referred to) finds out that Leia is Darth Vader's daughter. The novel has her sending him a message apologizing for not telling him the truth sooner, so it would be interesting if the movies explored his reaction to that news and his relationship with his mother who withheld that information for so long.

i'm pretty sure he is aware of it....he called DV his grandfather. and he knows it isn't from his father.




I'm referring to when he first found out, and how it affected his relationship with his mother.

I see like a flashback....ok. Wasn't obvious. Well they would have to have filmed that already...obviously.
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It doesn't even have to be a flashback. It could just be Kylo talking to someone about her, about when he found out...or just talking to Grandfather out loud, again.
AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
redline248 said:

It doesn't even have to be a flashback. It could just be Kylo talking to someone about her, about when he found out...or just talking to Grandfather out loud, again.


Hopefully he doesn't allow himself to be captured so he can confront her in person, only to launch his intricate plan from the inside.
I Have Spoken
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I read this tweet, and realize it is nice Pablo Hidalgo fields questions from fans, but, damn it has to be an aggravating gig...

Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Not sure if ever discussed here but.....

Sort of along the lines of the discussion the other day about how and when Ben found out his grandfather was Darth Vader.......what's his real name? Officially nothing other than Ben has been revealed....

Is Kylo Ren aka Ben really Ben Solo. Or Ben Organa?????


http://uproxx.it/2iNU1QL



Which also included a link to a tweet by Pablo on the subject.....

redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Why wouldn't it be Solo?
JCRiley09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Why would Solo/Organa matter?

Other than nerds!.gif
I Have Spoken
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Pablo is probably just stating that Leia hyphenated... politics isn't going to like this, not one bit.
Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
redline248 said:

Why wouldn't it be Solo?
i don't know...read the article maybe.
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Nah
Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
redline248 said:

Nah

well ok...it suggest that Organa was Leia's adopted mothers family name - not her fathers. That Alderaan had Queens and was not necessarily patrilineal. Also it suggest Bail Organa might have been Bail Antilles mentioned in TPM and he took the Organa name when he married Leia's adopted mother - he was a consort, not the king and not the bloodline. Thus Ben might have taken the family name of Organa and not Solo. Also Leia may not have simply reverted to the Organa name - she may have never changed it at al given her heritage and having the royal name might have passed it to their child.

Or it could be hyphenated too Solo-Organa....

AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Bail - Leia's adoptive father, Viceroy of Alderaan, and Senator as well - is definitely named Organa. Bail Antilles is a different person (though in all likelihood they were the same person at one point but ended up separated into two).

It's a little funny because Antilles is probably the second most common surname in the film canon, with it being the name of an Alderaan senator, the captain of the Tantive IV, and of Wedge Antilles who isn't related to the others. It might also be the only example of a surname shared between unrelated characters.
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
That's way too much fluff for a movie audience to 1) have knowledge of, and 2) to care about. If they ever come straight out and have someone say Kylo's real first and last name (which doesn't even have to happen) it will be Solo unless they feel like devoting a bunch of time to backstory as to why it's anything else.

Doesn't seem worth it, to me.
MGS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Anakin took his mom's last name.
PatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
His name is Ben Solo, end of discussion.
Zemira
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Only a page arguing over Ben's last name.

I'm slightly disappointed.
twilly
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Interesting story here about Disney collecting insurance due to Fisher's death.
http://movieweb.com/star-wars-carrie-fisher-insurance-payout-disney/
AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
twilly said:

Interesting story here about Disney collecting insurance due to Fisher's death.
http://movieweb.com/star-wars-carrie-fisher-insurance-payout-disney/


I find it hard to believe that Leia would be so critical as to require major rewrites for Episode 9. The article suggests that she had a large role in Episode 8, but everything I've read indicated the opposite.

I love Carrie and Leia but given that she was something of a weak link the cast as far as acting was involved, it seems unlikely that she would be leaned on even more going forward.

It definitely won't be the same without her. She can't be replaced. I just think it's unlikely that her absence will wreck the plot in an irreconcilable way.
Bruce Almighty
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AliasMan02 said:

twilly said:

Interesting story here about Disney collecting insurance due to Fisher's death.
http://movieweb.com/star-wars-carrie-fisher-insurance-payout-disney/


I find it hard to believe that Leia would be so critical as to require major rewrites for Episode 9. The article suggests that she had a large role in Episode 8, but everything I've read indicated the opposite.

I love Carrie and Leia but given that she was something of a weak link the cast as far as acting was involved, it seems unlikely that she would be leaned on even more going forward.

It definitely won't be the same without her. She can't be replaced. I just think it's unlikely that her absence will wreck the plot in an irreconcilable way.


Even if she had a small role in the movie, her character plays a massive role in the entire world of Star Wars. What if she is Rey's mother? She can't just be written off and forgotten.
AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Obviously I'm not saying she can be written off or forgotten. Just that while she is a hugely important character, it seems that her screen time would be limited and it's unlikely she is directly involved in much of the plot.

She figures to be hugely important in terms of a reunion with Luke, but it SEEMS like that is worked out in Episode 8. Otherwise her most vital role is as a Resistance General and perhaps as a political figure in the void left by the destruction of the Senate. Those latter roles could well be filled by someone stepping into her place and carrying on her legacy.
Page 531 of 880
 
×
Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.
Only 1 days left to sign up for the Early Signing Day Special!
The 2019 regular season has wrapped and we’ve officially entered the early signing period stretch as the Ags hope to sign most of their elite 2020 recruiting class. In other words, it's a great time to try out TexAgs Premium! Sign up today and you can give TexAgs Premium a try until December 21st for only $1. The last chance to take advantage of this offer is Saturday, December 7th.