Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,711 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by TCTTS
Ag Since 83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Since Kylo's family relationships will probably feature heavily in the plot it doesn't surprise me they might have to rework a fair bit.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Ag Since 83 said:

Since Kylo's family relationships will probably feature heavily in the plot it doesn't surprise me they might have to rework a fair bit.

This.

If kylo has some redemption in any way. It makes sense that it would heavily involve leia since Han is dead. And whether there is a relation to Rey or not as the primary matriarch type character in SW she could have a role in Reys development as well whether she really is an orphan or not (meaning whatever happens to her parents). Leia would be someone that it would make sense for her to turn to.
AgMarauder04
AG
Are we now to the point where we can move further R1 discussion here?
TCTTS
AG
Yes.
AMW2010
AG
Doesn't everyone die is rogue one??
Duncan Idaho
So do they make a movie/rebels story arc about Jen's time with Sal?

Id like to see a younger Sal and Jen kill some stormtroopers as part of a guerrilla cell
RiverDog
Duncan Idaho
That is my fear as well.
AliasMan02
AG
Duncan Idaho said:

That is my fear as well.

Saw gets an episode of Rebels this year. I doubt it features Jyn, as the timing is likely to be during their years of separation. Maybe she gets a nod somehow but that would be it.
titan
S

Quote:

Have been wondering about that since the horrible tragedy with Carrie Fisher.

I wonder if there is a scene where they could fake it long enough by cgi like Tarkin, to set up her leaving the stage?

An alternate is to tie the reality to the universe --- have her not have long outlasted her love after seeing Rey off.

Of course, if the next movie story was NOT dependent on her much, and more Luke centered, the re-writes will not be difficult. It depends on that.
AliasMan02
AG
I know it's tough to think about, but if she was really supposed to have a huge role in Episode 9, they should consider recasting the part. It could be done, if proceeding carefully and respectfully.
The Collective
AG
Based on Episode VII, I figured they wouldn't give Carrie a bigger role in VIII or IX.
titan
S

Quote:

Based on Episode VII, I figured they wouldn't give Carrie a bigger role in VIII or IX.
You got that from FA and the ending with Luke? I didn't see any indication the role of the `Resistance' base and force - and by extension General Leia --- was about to shrink? (Other than the necessity to make VIII start tamping back on her role, for precisely aging reasons and likely availabiilty.)
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
titan said:

Quote:

You got that from FA and the ending with Luke? I didn't see any indication the role of the `Resistance' base and force - and by extension General Leia --- was about to shrink? (Other than the necessity to make VIII start tamping back on her role, for precisely aging reasons and likely availabiilty.)

I think he meant based more on her acting at this point and fan reaction to her portrayal. I wouldn't hinge a trilogy on her.
Flashdiaz
AG
I would chime in with what I think they'll do, but there's no Episode VIII spoiler thread yet
The Collective
AG
Flashdiaz said:

I would chime in with what I think they'll do, but there's no Episode VIII spoiler thread yet

Nothing wrong with speculation.
titan
S

Quote:

Seconded! Unless you are in the production staff, good guesses or speculation is not `spoilers'.

Remember all the totally false, but actually far more interesting than the true actual use of the character and what happened, about what role Boba Fett would play in ROTJ?
The Collective
AG
titan said:

Remember all the totally false, but actually far more interesting than the true actual use of the character and what happened, about what role Boba Fett would play in ROTJ?

No.
titan
S

You don't? The fanzines were full of them. Backstories, what role Fett would play. What he would turn out to be. Some had him taking unexpected action taking him to Jabba. (Remember in Empire we only know that is where supposedly going.)

All of them a bit more interesting than the character just never unmasked and being thrown into the Sarlacc pit as an almost juvenile gag.

(Now the prequels did fix that part, by giving Fett a far more intriguing backstory, but I am talking about speculations after Empire before Jedi.) But yes, showing in my 50's. hahah.
Flashdiaz
AG
CJS4715 said:

Flashdiaz said:

i'll throw in some spoiler tags because I did read it somewhere on the internets about her Episode VIII role so it may or may not be true... (it also explains the role of some confirmed new actors)

in the first act, Leia's ship is attacked and she is put into a coma forcing others into leadership roles within the resistance. I didn't read that she wakes up in this episode, perhaps she was intended to in Ep IX. an easy rewrite is either she never wakes up or is killed in the attack
titan
S

Interesting. How far back did you read this rumor? Just month will do --- naturally the timing matters. Was this speculation anything other than just wild rumor?
Flashdiaz
AG
titan said:

Interesting. How far back did you read this rumor? Just month will do --- naturally the timing matters. Was this speculation anything other than just wild rumor?

read it more than a month ago. It explains Laura Dern's character and friction with her taking a leadership role.
titan
S

Ah, got it. Very, very interesting all the more for that. So unrelated to present.
jabberwalkie09
AG
titan said:

Ah, got it. Very, very interesting all the more for that. So unrelated to present.
I'm not so sure that it's a rumor. I've seen it posted elsewhere other than Making Star Wars that leads me to believe that there's some truth to that. Most of what was said about that was Laura Dern was cast then some scenes filmed there after, and there was supposed to be some kind of tension between their two characters which is one reason why I think Laura Dern's character is from the Leia comics.
titan
S

Is that character still in the running for episode 8? Such a rivalry would be interesting.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Not sure, I've kind of trailed off in following anything Ep 8 related around October as R1 grew closer... And the hype train was going full tilt. Actually, not much more has been said about her character past the initial stuff. By this time for TFA we had code names and stuff for characters.

Not that the lack of leaks is a bad thing, but it leads me to believe that Lucasfilm/ Disney has taken a somewhat different approach to limiting this kind of stuff since TFA.
israeliag
AG
I haven't been watching Rebels since half way through season 1. It was a bit too youthful for my investment of time, but given the nature of Rogue 1 - everyone dies - and that I would assume everyone in Rebels has to end up dead does that show get darker/more mature?

Contemplating adding it to my queue of things to watch, but I have a bit of a back-log so not sure how to prioritize this.

Thanks in advance!
Flashdiaz
AG
israeliag said:

I haven't been watching Rebels since half way through season 1. It was a bit too youthful for my investment of time, but given the nature of Rogue 1 - everyone dies - and that I would assume everyone in Rebels has to end up dead does that show get darker/more mature?

Contemplating adding it to my queue of things to watch, but I have a bit of a back-log so not sure how to prioritize this.

Thanks in advance!
given some Rogue 1 easter eggs, not everyone dies.

but something needs to happen to the saber wielding people (including Maul).
Hagen95
AG
Darth Sidious has already come and slapped down Maul once. Perhaps he does it again?
jabberwalkie09
AG
Hagen95 said:

Darth Sidious has already come and slapped down Maul once. Perhaps he does it again?
Why not Vader?
fig96
AG
israeliag said:

Thanks in advance!
I watched about the same part of Rebels then picked it up again based on recommendations of some posters here, and it gets much better in the second half of season 1.

One Rebels character has been confirmed to be mentioned by name in Rogue One, and there's also someone who spotted their ship in the film.
AliasMan02
AG
Hagen95 said:

Kenobi
AliasMan02
AG
Hera and Chopper are explicitly alive in Rogue One, and the Ghost is present at Yavin and the battle.
TXAG 05
AG
Any Star Wars fan should be watching Rebels. Just because it is animated doesn't mean it is specifically a kids show. It's a great show and "feels" like Star Wars.
israeliag
AG
Well, I'm convinced. Will mix it in with my next binge (Man in the High Castle S2).
Thanks y'all.
First Page Last Page
Page 532 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.