Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,911 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by TCTTS
oragator
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Silvertaps said:

The family was reporting she's stable just recently. Can we assume doctors confirmed major brain damage so they decided to take her off life support?
This was the point i made here the other Day.
They were saying she was stable but absolutely nothing about communication, responding to stimuli etc. Just never heard a single truly hopeful thing after the plane... from the outside looking in, i think this has been known for a few days, just waiting to make sure before letting her go.

RIP Carrie.
wangus12
AG
Damn, this will be tough.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Silvertaps said:

The family was reporting she's stable just recently. Can we assume doctors confirmed major brain damage so they decided to take her off life support?

Stable can mean a lot of different things.
YouBet
AG
Godspeed Princess Leia.

amercer
twilly
wangus12
AG
We lost them both this year.

LeonardSkinner
Very sad.

Of course I can't help but wonder how this affects the movies, and I fervently hope that Luke and Leia are reunited in Episode 8.
Silvertaps
AG
aggie kid said:

Very sad.

Of course I can't help but wonder how this affects the movies, and I fervently hope that Luke and Leia are reunited in Episode 8.

Curious how much of the filming has been completed for VIII.
wangus12
AG
Pretty much everything was wrapped up in September as far as I know
Silvertaps
AG
Wow...guess I'm not aware of how far in advance they finish filming from the release date.
Know Your Enemy
AG
Silvertaps said:

aggie kid said:

Very sad.

Curious how much of the filming has been completed for VIII.
The story about her cardiac arrest on the plane the other said that she had completed filming on episode 8.
Farmer1906
AG
wangus12 said:

Assuming she wasn't killed off in VIII then would they change it, reshoot, and kill her character off? I don't want her to die in a scroll of IX.
Bruce Almighty
AG
aggie1906 said:

wangus12 said:

Assuming she wasn't killed off in VIII then would they change it, reshoot, and kill her character off? I don't want her to die in a scroll of IV.

Cgi
wangus12
AG
I'm sure there is still some things that might be done, but I even read today that Carrie's scenes were definitely done.

I also hope they can get Luke and Leia back together in VIII.

That said, following R1, I am decently confident in them using a limited amount of CGI if needed for Episode IX.
Pman17
AG
They may have to re-write Episode IX or pull some Rogue One magic.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
****. This one stings.

Someone get this walking carpet out of my way!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
twilly
AG
Thought I could get through this without getting misty-eyed. Boy was I wrong.
wangus12
AG
Yep. About as bad as Alan Rickman.

Who didn't grow up pretending to be Han and Luke rescuing the Princess
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Damn... Princess Leia's Theme got me... I'd be sweet to put that together with some of her "real life" photos as a montage
Ag Since 83
AG
I feel the need to watch a IV-VII marathon plus When Harry Met Sally
LeonardSkinner
This may perhaps beg a question of TCTTS.

How much time and effort do movie (entertainment) executives put into worrying about and planning for potential disasters? Is there forethought, or do they tend to just deal with it?
dave99ag
AG
Hearing the news after just getting out of Rouge One. Damn!
TCTTS
AG
Infer from this what you will, but I'd say it's pretty clear what it means...

TCTTS
AG
Most of the time they just deal with. There's just no way to have that many contingency plans. An old older actor no one thought would be alive for the next movie in a franchise could live years while the young star could die a car crash tomorrow.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
oragator said:

Silvertaps said:

This was the point i made here the other Day.
They were saying she was stable but absolutely nothing about communication, responding to stimuli etc. Just never heard a single truly hopeful thing after the plane... from the outside looking in, i think this has been known for a few days, just waiting to make sure before letting her go.

RIP Carrie.

I suspect she may have been placed on therapeutic hypothermia following cardiac arrest. Patient is cooled and heavily sedated for 24 hours, then rewarmed. Exam over the next 1-3 days tells you how much (if any) neurologic function is left.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Farmer1906
AG
So does this boost VIII up a few notches from a box office potential with the "last chance to see Princess Leia". It seems like when musicians pass their albums start selling better again.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Doesn't hurt.

Still. This one hurts.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Just realized that sounded weird.
Farmer1906
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Just realized that sounded weird.
Sounds like a country album.
DannyDuberstein
AG
RIP, Carrie Fisher. She brought so much to the series. Hope she's found peace now that she struggled to find for most of her life.

As far as 8 and 9 are concerned and at risk of being a dick, I was hoping her in involvement in 8 and 9 would be very limited, so that the this won't be a huge obstacle for 9. While it was nice to see her again in 7 and I would like to see a scene of her reuniting with Luke in 8, I thought she was one of the weak points of 7. I don't think it was all her fault by any means because I thought the dislogue was a bit rough, but she's had so much hard mileage that it was a little tough to watch.
YouBet
AG
dave99ag said:

Hearing the news after just getting out of Rouge One. Damn!

Sounds gay.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

....now this is funny...and spot on.....one of the few things that has made me crack a smile about this cuz yeah she DID....and censors be damned.....

Zombie Jon Snow
AG

Also very funny......roasting George Lucas with some classic Carrie Fisher self deprecating humor too....especially the finale.

First Page Last Page
Page 530 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.