Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,709 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by TCTTS
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jbanda said:

I envy yall that get to go to the movies. My kids are little and my wife has no interest in star wars so I'll be watching this when it comes out on on demand/blu ray. I don't even try to avoid the spoilers anymore.
Go by yourself. Your wife can watch the kids one night or afternoon.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This. Just watch it on a weeknight without the family.
3rdGen2015
AG
jbanda said:

I envy yall that get to go to the movies. My kids are little and my wife has no interest in star wars so I'll be watching this when it comes out on on demand/blu ray. I don't even try to avoid the spoilers anymore.
Go to "dinner" with a "client" and then convince your wife that you aren't having an affair, you just love Star Wars
Zemira
AG
So I didn't buy tickets till 9am, but plenty of seats for the 10:30 am Saturday showing at Silverado.

So excited and it's my nephew's birthday and he's a walking star wars encyclopedia so he's pumped.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

Probably going to be a Sunday thing for me - have to do it with the family and the kids are not both back from college until Saturday the 17th - and there is an event we have to attend that night.

Since we've done every SW since Episode I together I think we have to keep that tradition.

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
3rdGen2015 said:

jbanda said:

Go to "dinner" with a "client" and then convince your wife that you aren't having an affair, you just love Star Wars

seriously....I mean not for Star Wars for me but - my wife and I used to go to movies alone all the time when it was something we wanted to see and the other didn't and the kids were little and we had no sitter.

I mean my wife never wanted to see any Tarantino movies - I just went by myself. For example. And other cult films and crude comedies that she would not enjoy. And she would go to chick flicks.

Why do we both have to suffer???

Just go at like 10:00 after they are asleep.

The Collective
AG
Quote:

This is a rebellion, isn't it?
Malachi Constant
AG
The stars have aligned for me for Rogue One.

We're visiting the in-laws that weekend and my wife's parents have graciously agreed to watch the two little kids so we can go.

Tickets are for Sunday night at SMG with reclining seats.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
YellowPot_97
AG
aggie1906 said:

jbanda said:

That's what I'm doing.
Flashdiaz
AG
reason why Obi Wan movies aren't next in line...

kinda spoilerish

Obi Juan
TCTTS
AG
Sounds like Lucasfilm has been reading the TexAgs Kenobi thread...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Relevant portion:
Quote:

Anthony Breznican: Um, I have heard rumors that the one reason they haven't moved sooner on Obi-Wan is that they're not done with Obi-Wan quite yet
RFR: Ohhhh.
AB: in the Saga films. So I wouldn't be surprised to see an Obi-Wan thing happen beyond Episode IX.
RFR: Holy cow!
The Collective
AG
Obvious tie-in is obvious.
Malachi Constant
AG
TCTTS said:

Wow. We officially have a title, folks...

Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens
TC made this post on 11/6/2014. So we knew the name of Episode VII 13 months in advance.

When should we expect a title reveal for Episode VIII?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Could be interesting if, at the time of his "death", when Obi-Wan becomes one with the force, the concept of time disappears, and he can now see all past and future events at the "same time", so to speak. So he can be present in events during and after the Sequel Trilogy, which will give us a fuller picture of Obi-Wan's life before and after the OT.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

Not a great title. Then again neither was "Attack of the Clones".

But why drop the episode number? That just won't look right in the box set.
For the record, I still feel this way, on both counts. Bothers me every time I see my SW collection.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
As for Ep VIII title, I have to think very soon after the Rogue One hype dies down. February at the absolute latest. The title has been in the can for months, imo.
TCTTS
AG
I think these are our most likely options...

- Some kind of online-only video/title announcement before the end of the year. Not a teaser, but more of a brief behind-the-scenes thing with a title reveal.

- Simple title announcement/press release in February or March of next year.

- Followed by a teaser trailer debut either with Beauty and the Beast on March 17 or a teaser trailer debut at Star Wars Celebration on April 13.

- They wait and reveal everything - the teaser trailer and the title - at celebration. (least likely in my opinion)
AliasMan02
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

As for Ep VIII title, I have to think very soon after the Rogue One hype dies down. February at the absolute latest. The title has been in the can for months, imo.

Shocking how tight lipped it has been. Disney's lawyers must hold a gun to the head of every scoop site out there.
YellowPot_97
AG
AliasMan02 said:

Brian Earl Spilner said:

Shocking how tight lipped it has been. Disney's lawyers must hold a gun to the head of every scoop site out there.

You don't **** with the mouse

AgMarauder04
AG
TCTTS said:

I think these are our most likely options...

- Some kind of online-only video/title announcement before the end of the year. Not a teaser, but more of a brief behind-the-scenes thing with a title reveal.

- Simple title announcement/press release in February or March of next year.

- Followed by a teaser trailer debut either with Beauty and the Beast on March 17 or a teaser trailer debut at Star Wars Celebration on April 13.

- They wait and reveal everything - the teaser trailer and the title - at celebration. (least likely in my opinion)
I really want like Rian or the Star Wars tweeter account to just do a random, "Oh, BTW, Ep VIII is called The Force goes about his day" (but real title inserted)
Farmer1906
AG
They should release a short clip of Jar Jar announcing it.
redline248
AG
Completely random thought/question:

In Episode IV (and in VII) someone has to manually sit in in the gunner spots on the top/bottom of the Millennium Falcon to shoot the bad guys. However, in Episode VI, it appears Lando is just shooting them while piloting in the cockpit. Also, in Episode IV, Han says about the lone TIE just before the Death Star "he won't be around long enough to tell anyone about us," implying that he can shoot him from while piloting. Are there guns that only shoot forward, other than those that can move around in with someone in the chairs? (Besides the small cannon we see in Episode V as they make their escape from Hoth)
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Although never shown, I believe Lando had a team on board the Falcon in Jedi. The Falcon also had forward-firing weaponry that we see at the end of Jedi when Lando takes out the Death Star.
AliasMan02
AG
The Falcon has concussion missile launchers that fire forward. That's what it uses in Death Star II.

If not manned, most ships with turrets in Star Wars can be locked forward and fired by the pilot, though that obviously is limiting and accuracy suffers. I assume the Falcon is the same.
AgMarauder04
AG
Considering this is the most pivotal battle of the war so far, and that Lando had a full cockpit crew, I always assumed he had men in the turrets for the battle. No reason to limit yourself.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
AgMarauder04 said:

Considering this is the most pivotal battle of the war so far, and that Lando had a full cockpit crew, I always assumed he had men in the turrets for the battle. No reason to limit yourself.
Yeah I always assume he had at least 4 -8 other men on board besides the cockpit crew. He would at least need a droid or two to talk to the Falcon since it had such an odd dialect
Farmer1906
AG
Who wants to see Rogue One unlimited times?

https://store.corporateboxoffice.com/gift-cards/rogue-one-a-star-wars-story-unlimited
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
aggie1906 said:

Who wants to see Rogue One unlimited times?

https://store.corporateboxoffice.com/gift-cards/rogue-one-a-star-wars-story-unlimited

that'd be awesome and my main theater is a Regal/UA with comfy reclining seats...but it says it takes 3 weeks. grrrrr.

Farmer1906
AG
[url=http://variety.com/t/twitter/][/url]
Quote:

Twitter this week will exclusively stream a special "Rogue One: A Star Wars Story" event including previously unreleased footage from the forthcoming Disney/Lucasfilm movie followed by a Q&A with director Gareth Edwards and cast members.

The live-streaming event, hosted by Time Inc.'s People magazine, will start on Friday, Dec. 2, at 10 a.m. Pacific, from "a surprise location." The video will be available worldwide on Twitter at RogueOne.twitter.com, in Twitter Moments, and via @StarWars and @people accounts, as well as on Twitter apps for Apple TV, Amazon Fire TV and Xbox.
http://variety.com/2016/digital/news/twitter-rogue-one-star-wars-live-stream-1201928702/
AliasMan02
AG
That's a great idea.
AggieChemist
AG
Rogue One drops on my son's birthday. He's tore up with Star Wars. Tickets have been procured. I'm a little nervous about the PG-13 rating, but assume it will be fine.

DannyDuberstein
AG
TFA was PG-13
The Collective
AG
Quote:

including previously unreleased footage

Nope. Nope. Nope.
First Page Last Page
Page 507 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.