Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,315 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by TCTTS
JCRiley09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Just got tickets easily to the 7pm showing on the 15th at Alamo draft house on south Lamar in austin
NColoradoAG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I think most people are fighting for opening night.
Probably. I'm a working stiff so I can wait a day for a weekend showing. Went straight for the Friday and Saturday showings.
Farmer1906
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I think most people are fighting for opening night.
I concur.

Reserved seats is the key for me.
The Collective
AG
Brian, you always get hosed on these deals, but I guess that is the negative of being in a high density area. Still, Fandango setting up a queue is funny... people can wait there while the theaters fill up via direct sites.

Pretty interesting that Cinemark in FW didn't have non-XD shows for opening night. I wonder if those will open up tomorrow.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Finally!

7:00 pm, in 3D Dolby Atmos, with reserved seat. Second row of the center seats, just 2 or 3 seats off-center.

Biggest downside is that it's not in IMAX, but I was happy to trade that for a reserved seat and a recliner chair.
twilly
AG
At 11:49pm Central, Fandango lets me know that tickets are now available for Rogue One.

What a useless piece of **** the FanAlert service is.
twilly
AG
I got the last 2 seats available for Thursday night 7pm with Order 66 at Cinemark 16 Allen back in September
Finally got 3 for Friday night at Moviehouse Eatery in McKinney (wife got the shaft for Thursday...so she gets to drink at this one which makes up for it.)
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Just got my alert email from movietickets telling me Rogue One tickets are now on sale. An hour+ late.

Me:
The Collective
AG
HYPE!!!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Have we talked about whatever the hell these are?

The Collective
AG
From EW in the summer:
Quote:

"Bigmouth," whose real name is Pao, a soldier who serves as a kind of platoon leader, coordinating the charge into battle. "There was this great design of this creature that's mouth would open really wide, and he looked like he was really good at giving orders and shouting at people during a battle," Edwards said. "I was like, 'We've got to give him that moment in the film,' and so [Pao] was born out of that."
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ah, interesting. Thanks.

Like the design.
wangus12
AG
So when do we make predictions on who dies and who lives through the movie
jabberwalkie09
AG
Isn't now as good as time as any? We're a month out, and we already know that one person dies thanks to one of the case letting it slip at Celebration.
wangus12
AG

Going off this picture of the squad alone, I think the only survivor is going to be Cassian
Ag Since 83
AG
Just like last year, Look Cinemas website didn't have anything online the night tickets went on sale, so I got tickets elsewhere, and then the next morning Look is selling them.

They're my favorite theater, but you can't bank of them having every blockbuster thanks to AMC's meddling.
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
wangus12 said:

So when do we make predictions on who dies and who lives through the movie
I have traced the Rebel spies to her. Now she is my only link to find their secret base! - Darth Vader, A New Hope

Sounds like they all die to me.

-edit - And I will be perfectly fine with that. This movie should mirror Revenge of the Sith in that it is clear that the heroes have failed but that there is hope for the future (in this case, the transmission to the blockade runner)
The Collective
AG
jabberwalkie09 said:

Isn't now as good as time as any? We're a month out, and we already know that one person dies thanks to one of the case letting it slip at Celebration.

Less than three weeks!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Two years ago today, we entered this new era of Star Wars as the first teaser for TFA dropped.

Now here we are, just 17 days away from the first ever SW standalone movie.
wangus12
AG
Completely agree. I think they should all perish in a valiant attempt, but I just don't see them leaving it that dark. If they do, I'd be more than satisfied, especially if we get badass Vader knocking everyone off.
Farmer1906
AG
wangus12 said:

Completely agree. I think they should all perish in a valiant attempt, but I just don't see them leaving it that dark. If they do, I'd be more than satisfied, especially if we get badass Vader knocking everyone off.

Agreed. The Vader we should have got hunting Jedi and not killing little kids.
MandoArms
I think Jyn survived. Disney will want to keep the option of a spin off open. Much like the end of every Magnificent Seven most of them will die but you leave a pair alive to reform the group and have a sequel.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I honestly doubt they're interested in making a franchise out of these characters. They've got at least 3 other standalone projects in the works already.

That said, I was wrong about Star Wars moving to December, so.
AgMarauder04
AG
I bet one or two survive, but most will be slaughtered....hopefully by vader just wrecking shop
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I think we all want to see Vader just completely wreak havoc. It's surprising, but there's really no scene in the OT where Vader is just completely unleashed, angry, and putting his full power on display. He kills Imperial officers, but that's child's play for Vader. And he was only toying with Luke in ESB.

I want to see him take on 30 rebels by himself. Or bring down a freaking ship.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Jyn will live, I just don't see Disney/Lucasfilm saying "OK" to killing a heroine. I'm not sure on Baze because I think it's possible he could make it out of all of this, but I'm thinking everyone else dies.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I think we all want to see Vader just completely wreak havoc. It's surprising, but there's really no scene in the OT where Vader is just completely unleashed, angry, and putting his full power on display. He kills Imperial officers, but that's child's play for Vader. And he was only toying with Luke in ESB.

agreed - that would give more context to his reputation - also along with the Rebels being wiped out these two things combined would give a lot more gravity/weight to the OT in terms of the perils they actually faced.

SW/OT was really light hearted and Lucas went too far that way at times as we know....as the trilogy progressed.

hoping for the best.

jabberwalkie09
AG
Brian Earl Spilner said:

I think you're looking for Starkiller. Feeling nostalgic for some The Force Unleashed, eh?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Never played it.
The Collective
AG
I am not taking my kid to the opening, because I have no idea what to expect on the hero front. I'm not sure he's ready for an obliteration of good guys (don't think he picks up planetary genocide, so no problem with OT / TFA). It is that parental concern that really makes me think Disney won't pull the trigger on Vader laying waste to a bunch of Rebels.
AliasMan02
AG
Vader had some pretty epic moments in Lords of the Sith.
Flashdiaz
AG
aggie1906 said:

wangus12 said:

Agreed. The Vader we should have got hunting Jedi and not killing little kids.
drives me nuts. He shows up to kill the kids then the Jedi in the temple, and all we get is a half hologram of him going through a teen Jedi.
Yet we get all the gritty Senate motion actions.... such a waste.
Reminds of the 2016 season with all the blown opportunities.
jr15aggie
AG
Got Tuesday reserved seat tickets for my family and another family (9 total). Really like including the family & friends and making this a fun holiday tradition, but man it gets complicated just adding my wife to the mix with all the school parties and family coming into town... opening night and opening weekend was pretty much not an option.

I guess Tuesday isn't so bad, but I'll be left out of the spoiler discussions for several days. I don't think this will fly next year for Ep VIII... may have to see that solo opening night and then take the family a few days later when their schedules are clear!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Wow. Good luck making it till Tuesday.
jbanda
AG
I envy yall that get to go to the movies. My kids are little and my wife has no interest in star wars so I'll be watching this when it comes out on on demand/blu ray. I don't even try to avoid the spoilers anymore.
First Page Last Page
Page 506 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.