Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,660 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by TCTTS
AliasMan02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
CJS4715 said:

Quote:

including previously unreleased footage

Nope. Nope. Nope.

I'm with you. I've shut it down.
The Collective
AG
TFA was PG-13 for sequences of sci-fi violence and action.
Rogue One is PG-13 for extended sequences of sci-fi violence and action.

My guess is that means a lot more battles and potential loss of multiple hero characters. That's why I will be previewing this one before taking the kid.

Flashdiaz
AG
CJS4715 said:

TFA was PG-13 for sequences of sci-fi violence and action.
Rogue One is PG-13 for extended sequences of sci-fi violence and action.

My guess is that means a lot more battles and potential loss of multiple hero characters. That's why I will be previewing this one before taking the kid.

lol. Way to take one for the team.

DannyDuberstein
AG
Yeah, to join you guys in being a thorough dad, I'm going to have to see this one at least twice too.
Flashdiaz
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Yeah, to join you guys in being a thorough dad, I'm going to have to see this one at least twice too.
be sure to thoroughly test out the concessions as well. Better if you find a theater that sells beer. The beer temperature is indicative of the quality of other concessions.
The Collective
AG
Quote:

lol. Way to take one for the team.

In my defense, I'm taking my wife on opening night, so I will have to field questions that are much less insightful about the Star Wars universe than if he were with me. The struggle is real, folks.
TCTTS
AG
Hidalgo is on the story team at Lucasfilm and is basically their single most knowledgeable employee / unofficial spokesman...

jabberwalkie09
AG
I'd say that Pablo pretty much story group.
The Collective
AG
Didn't they start the official Rogue One hype the day after TFA was released to video (is this even the correct terminology)? I still expect the same, but it might be more limited given the timing of celebration in 2017.
TCTTS
AG
CJS4715 said:

Didn't they start the official Rogue One hype the day after TFA was released to video (is this even the correct terminology)? I still expect the same, but it might be more limited given the timing of celebration in 2017.
Almost. TFA hit digital/streaming/Blu-ray on April 5 and the first Rogue One trailer hit two days later on April 7. I would expect roughly the same timeframe this go around.

In light of Hidalgo's post, updating my post from yesterday, my best guess would be...

- Episode VIII title announcement via press release around February/March 2017.

- Episode VIII teaser trailer on Thursday, April 13 at Star Wars Celebration in Orlando / online.

Alternative options would be...

- Teaser trailer debut with Beauty and the Beast on March 17.

- Teaser trailer debut AND title announcement on Thursday, April 13 at Star Wars Celebration in Orlando / online.

Basically, we're likely not getting anything Episode VIII-related before February, but no later than mid-April.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS said:

Hidalgo is on the story team at Lucasfilm and is basically their single most knowledgeable employee / unofficial spokesman...

I don't think anyone actually expected one, did they?
TCTTS
AG
I've seen a lot of speculation at least on Twitter saying that because TFA had a teaser over a year out that Episode VIII might have one as well.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I was convinced we'd get a Super Bowl teaser, but I'm starting to lean towards Celebration now.

I do think there'll be an official title announcement around February though, likely with the official logo and maybe an official teaser release date.
TCTTS
AG
Yep. Agreed.
The Collective
AG
When will they do Episode VIII reshoots? I'm ready for the melt.
TCTTS
AG
Will likely be spring.
jabberwalkie09
AG
We got a teaser for TFA at some point before the actual trailer released didn't we? Seems like they'd do something similar here where we get a teaser and the full trailer at a later date...

I'm not sure that makes sense... being sick blows.
TCTTS
AG
If you're talking about a teaser for a trailer, no. TFA didn't preview any trailer footage before any of the trailers released. Rogue One, however, had one of those five-second (or however long) teases a day or two before the second trailer released, I believe.
TCTTS
AG
Actually, scratch that. I seem to remember there being a snippet of footage teased of Finn and Poe on the tarmac days before the second trailer, maybe?
The Collective
AG
TCTTS said:

Will likely be spring.

So, they basically put together a rough cut of the film, important people watch and provide input, and they make decisions on reshoots off of that?
TCTTS
AG
Exactly. And Rian Johnson tweeted just yesterday about how he's still in the edit room...

The Collective
AG
So, are we saying Celebration 2017 will have a teaser similar to TFA with the dialogue, "there's been an awakening" or will we just skip that step and get something similar in length/scope to what was released at Celebration for TFA?
TCTTS
AG
I definitely think the later. Something closer to 1:45 / two minutes in length, akin to this one...

3rdGen2015
AG
Malachi Constant
AG
Still unbelievable even after all these years that Lucas spoiled his own film with a soundtrack title.

SpreadsheetAg
AG
Anyone with skills in music parody production around here? Had a silly / fun Star Wars blended with Lonely Island blended with Slim Thug moment...

"Like a mutha fu***n Moff!!!"

We could start a group called:
The New Jizzwailers; or
Max Rebo Macintyre; or
I'm with Hutt
jbanda
AG
Blatant Disregard said:

Still unbelievable even after all these years that Lucas spoiled his own film with a soundtrack title RUINED HIS ENTIRE FRANCHISE WITH THESE HORRIBLE PREQUELS.

FIFY
The Collective
AG
The marketing was great for TPM, thanks to the Internet. At the same time, the soundtrack mistake was also a victim of not fully understanding the power of the Internet. I don't completely fault them on that one.
vwbug
POTENTIAL SPOILERS:
Article is blah, but read the comments below from Buck_Millions and more importantly Sohltree. Some interesting behind the scenes on the politics of the reshoots, and a possible big fight scene between Erso and the big bad wolf:
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-writers-get-political-will-anti-trump-tweets-hurt-rogue-one-949023
3rdGen2015
AG
That Sohltree guy sounds like he's talking out of his ass
TCTTS
AG
I wouldn't put much stock in whoever Sohltree is. I've been reading fake movie news/talk on the internet since the '90s and that reeks of it. A lot of "seems" and speculation and they reveal absolutely nothing new in terms of reshoot rumors. That, and there's just no chance in hell Disney screened Rogue One at any time for the public. Disney brass could have very well had a negative reaction, and the movie might suck, but the idea of Disney test screening a Star Wars movie for the public - even under heavy embargoes and NDAs - is preposterous.
vwbug
I don't know, too many details here - sounds legit, but I could be wrong. Those closer to the Hollywood beat, I wonder if they have heard anything similar on rogue one:

Good to know TCTTS - you seem to know the beat out there, so I take what you say seriously. Thanks. The reshoots with a new director or someone new involved worried me but I'm hoping it's nothing.

Could Rey be Erso's daugther?
The Collective
AG
The commenter Solthree is weapons-grade dumb.
Farmer1906
AG
vwbug said:

I don't know, too many details here - sounds legit, but I could be wrong. Those closer to the Hollywood beat, I wonder if they have heard anything similar on rogue one:

Good to know TCTTS - you seem to know the beat out there, so I take what you say seriously. Thanks. The reshoots with a new director or someone new involved worried me but I'm hoping it's nothing.

Could Rey be Erso's daugther?
Jyn's or Galen's?

Galen would be too old, I would think.

I guess Jyn could be, but that is some major speculation without even seeing the movie yet. I'd prefer there not be a major connection to the newest trilogy.
The Collective
AG
Jyn as her mother would be a stretch. How old would she be when Rey is born? They aren't going to tie Rogue One into the saga series unnecessarily. They have no reason to do so.
First Page Last Page
Page 508 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.