Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,628 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by TCTTS
jabberwalkie09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
That would have been a great idea. The whole panel didn't seem very well rehearsed. Most of the actors didn't even know what they could/couldn't say. You'd think they would have at least gone over that aspect with them beforehand.
Yeah, I thought that was rather odd. All of them knew that they weren't really allowed to talk about it much, but none of them really knew where the line was at which point that was too much. It was a different feeling in comparison to last year's panel for TFA.

I actually thought that Mads' response to her regarding his character was probably the most appropriate. Ahmad walked a pretty close line there too. Jones and Luna's characters I think are pretty much what we know already from the EW article, so whatever they said that didn't pertain to the plot wasn't going to make much of a difference IMO. Same with Whitaker's character since he's fairly known among people who watched TCW.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
So associating "big gun" with the death star is a spoiler now????
jabberwalkie09
AG
Having a big gun (which we've seen) and the Death Star (which we have also seen) is not what the spoiler was.....
The Collective
AG
Perhaps JJ deserves the credit for last year. It seems right up his alley to have covered that fully with the cast.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
Is it associated with the non Obi- Wan chopped appendage of Anakin?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I thought the same thing, the whole thing felt pretty unrehearsed. Even Gwendoline seemed to not know she was supposed to run the video again at the end.
Flashdiaz
AG
quote:
technically, Anakin does have an arm that was not chopped by Obi-wan... but I don't want to get into a nerd fight
redline248
AG
quote:
quote:
technically, Anakin does have an arm that was not chopped by Obi-wan... but I don't want to get into a nerd fight

You think when Anakin yelled "I hate you" it was because Obi-wan didn't cut off the mechanical arm and leave him with one real limb?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Watching the Mark panel. How can you not love this guy?

asmith96
HUGE spoiler accidentally dropped by one of the cast during Rouge One panel. Be careful during your intraweb searches for Celebration news. Tread carefully.
TCTTS
AG
Welcome to the Star Wars thread. Is this your first time visiting?
The Collective
AG
Still waiting...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ha
TCTTS
AG
http://makingstarwars.net/2016/07/star-wars-celebration-rogue-one-a-star-wars-story-trailer-synopsis/
jr15aggie
AG
Hype level much less than this time last year. To be expected I guess.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Horribly shot, but see the trailer here
http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/content/new-star-wars-rogue-one-trailer-leaks-online
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You know, comre to think if it, how does Jyn (or anyone in Rogue One) know about the force, much less the Jedi phrase of May the force be with us?

Nobody is left in the entire galaxy that could pass that knowledge along except Ben and Vader.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
You know, comre to think if it, how does Jyn (or anyone in Rogue One) know about the force, much less the Jedi phrase of May the force be with us?

Nobody is left in the entire galaxy that could pass that knowledge along except Ben and Vader.

This is one of the secondary themes of the movie.

In any case, it's not like the Jedi have been extinct for centuries. Must Most people alive during R1 were born during the reign of the Republic.
willis01
i.e. Force knowledge: could Kanaan or Ezra have a tie in from SW Rebels?
AverageJones
AG
I guess Saw would know from his time with Anakin and Obi-Wan. Regardless, I think we will see some "Church of the Force" stuff in this one
redline248
AG
quote:

You know who helped start the rebellion? Bail Organa and Mon Mothma. Both senators before the empire. You know who they were tight with? The Jedi.
SeattleAgJr
quote:
quote:

This is one of the secondary themes of the movie.

In any case, it's not like the Jedi have been extinct for centuries. Must Most people alive during R1 were born during the reign of the Republic.
You do not think any one else knew the phrase "may the force be with you? It was common enough.

It has only been 15-20 years.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Well, have we ever seen non Jedi utter the phrase (besides Han)?

Suppose I can buy her getting it from Mon Mothma.
Ag Since 83
AG
General Dodonna says it before the Battle of Yavin, and Admiral Ackbar says it before Endor.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
True. Forgot about those.
Ag Since 83
AG
A bunch of info coming out today about books that will come out this fall to go along with Rogue One. The big news being that the previously named Catalyst novel will be written by James Luceno of Darth Plagueis and Tarkin fame

Thomas Ford 91
AG
quote:
Horribly shot, but see the trailer here
http://www.cosmicbooknews.com/content/new-star-wars-rogue-one-trailer-leaks-online

It gone. I think it would be neat to have a cease and desist letter from Disney. I might frame something like that.
Thomas Ford 91
AG
quote:
http://makingstarwars.net/2016/07/star-wars-celebration-rogue-one-a-star-wars-story-trailer-synopsis/

I click on that link and the banner ads are for sexy Halloween costumes and car insurance. I get there from my MSW bookmark and I get advertising for ovens and Jeeps.

The latter makes sense on my iPad. Do ad preferences follow a link?

If so somebody is gonna have a lot better Halloween than I will!

Ag Since 83
AG
Rebels trailer (spoilers):

Wedge!
More Hondo
Tarkin!
Thrawn! (And a new Thrawn book by Zahn in the current canon!!!!)

So here's something I never thought I'd say: the Rebels panel blew the Rogue One panel out of the water
TCTTS
AG
Ha, trust me, Halloween is the last thing on my mind, and I'm all good on car insurance. That's all you, buddy!
SeattleAgJr
That is because Rebels is actually more interesting than Rogue One. We already know the big picture of Rogue One. The fate of the respective characters in R1 is low for me at this point because we do not know them yet.

But that Rebels trailer is all sorts of kick ass.
jabberwalkie09
AG
REBELS TRAILER SEASON 3!!!!!!!

THRAWN!!!!!!!!!!

Also, did I see the Outrider?!!?!?!?!
Ag Since 83
AG
Someone in the panel asked Filoni about that, and he said no, but that the person who designed the Outrider way back when now works on Rebels, so it's just the same class of ship.
First Page Last Page
Page 452 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.