Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,514 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 48 min ago by TCTTS
jabberwalkie09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Yep.

TCTTS
AG
The people who actually made the effort and spent the money to go to Celebration should be rewarded. This idea that all of us sitting at our desks and on our couches should see everything they see is so stupid.
The Collective
AG
I'm not really that upset. I'm shocked it's not on youtube yet though. There were what, 4k there?
TCTTS
AG
twilly
AG
quote:
The people who actually made the effort and spent they money to go to Celebration should be rewarded. This idea that all of us sitting at our desks and on our couches should see everything they see is so stupid.
But they got a free poster, man! Isn't that enough?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Honestly, I would say anything describing the trailer before it's posted online should have a spoiler warning. I've seen more than I preferred to know before watching it myself.

TC, would you mind consolidating all the spoiler-ish tweets into one post and adding a warning?
In case TCTTS missed it
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I went to opening night of TFA in IMAX and was pretty sure we'd get at least a poster. Nothing.
jabberwalkie09
AG
I wouldn't have had an issue with it, if they had cut away back to the reaction of the panel when they were taking pictures. I get what you're saying as I didn't (and won't this year since they are doing it again) showed the season premier for Rebels at Celebration. I think it's nice to give the con goers something special to laud over us for a little while, but I view a trailer for the film as being different from a premier for a show or a clip personally.
TCTTS
AG
Just FYI, I'm betting they save the trailer premiere for closer to either Star Trek Beyond next week, Bourne the week after, or Suicide Squad the week after that. None of those are Disney movies, but Kathleen Kennedy's husband produced Bourne, so my money's on that.
The Collective
AG
Yea, at this point we still have the promise of them showing a 3 minute video tonight on ABC. That's what we just saw, IMO. They haven't truly "debuted" anything on television, so I don't expect that to change here. Let the waiting begin, because I'm not confident this thing is coming today or this weekend.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
Just FYI, I'm betting they save the trailer premiere for closer to either Star Trek Beyond next week, Bourne the week after, or Suicide Squad the week after that. None of those are Disney movies, but Kathleen Kennedy's husband produced Bourne, so my money's on that.
As a shareholder, I would be furious if they attachted it to anything that wasn't a disney property.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Please see http://texags.com/forums/13/topics/2440759/replies/46674701

jabber, also your post quoting CJS still has a bit of a spoiler, if you wouldn't mind editing it out or adding a warning
fig96
AG
quote:
quote:
As a shareholder, I would be furious if they attachted it to anything that wasn't a disney property.
Really? Furious?

It's going to be online almost immediately anyway.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
jabber, also your post quoting CJS still has a bit of a spoiler, if you wouldn't mind editing it out or adding a warning
This forum desperately needs the ability to tag spoilers and not just put a space between it and the post.

Edit: Just deleted the quote.
The Collective
AG
There is no way you are going to get him to pull down a spoiler for a trailer.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Seriously. It seems so simple. When are they going to do this?
wangus12
AG
quote:
I went to opening night of TFA in IMAX and was pretty sure we'd get at least a poster. Nothing.
I did the marathon on opening night and we got nothing as well.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Apparently not. Seems like it hurts his feelings whenever I ask.

Thanks to you and jabber though.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Anyone else think this looks a lot like Timothy Olyphant?

And this one like Maggie Q?

More of the headshots from the sizzle reel.
Duncan Idaho
Why help lift someone other companies film with your must see trailer, when you can float your own?

Some people will go see what ever movie the trailer debuts with for no other reason than the trailer.

I would want those extra tickets going to a disney property.
TCTTS
AG
I'm driving to work! It's a 45 minute commute. Will edit when I can do so at my desk and not a stop light.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Cool, thanks. No worries.
fig96
AG
quote:
Why help lift someone other companies film with your must see trailer, when you can float your own?

Some people will go see what ever movie the trailer debuts with for no other reason than the trailer.

I would want those extra tickets going to a disney property.
Um, ok.

I'd say that a) I think you overestimate how many people would go for the trailer and b) none of those films are going to be hurting for opening weekend ticket sales either way.
Ag Since 83
AG
I'm not gonna lie: I was kind of disappointed you guys got to see the TFA trailer at the same time I did last year, given the amount of money I spent traveling to California and time camping out (for the record: if I had to do it over again I'd still go to the panel: being there was awesome, exclusive trailer or not). So I'm glad they got an exclusive today.

Hopefully we'll see it after not much of a delay though.
TCTTS
AG
Forgot about Pete's Dragon on August 12. That's a Disney movie, so we could see the trailer with that. Still, Trek, Bourne, or Suicide Squad are likely more appropriate audiences.
tamusc
AG
quote:
And now my damn patient shows up
I feel you pain, one of my staff called in so I'm stuck in procedures all day.
Duncan Idaho
Pete's dragon would benefit from the trailer.
Flashdiaz
AG
it's coming out today. Crappy bootlegs are already out.

In other discussions, what's going to happen to Jiang Wen now that he gave out a spoiler (not a surprising one but a spoiler)?
-blacklisted from Disney?
-no action figure?
-re-edit movie so his character humorously dies in the first minutes of the film because he loses the will to live?
TCTTS
AG
I honestly couldn't understand whatever the heck it was that he spoiled.
AliasMan02
AG
It was hard to follow, but I don't think it will be a big deal.
The Collective
AG
quote:

I didn't know WTF he was talking about anyway. I zoned out and kind of re-engaged when Christie stopped him from saying anything else.
TCTTS
AG
Ha, exactly. Same here. All I heard was "big gun" uttered like five times.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:

I didn't know WTF he was talking about anyway. I zoned out and kind of re-engaged when Christie stopped him from saying anything else.
What he said is definitely a spoiler if it turns out to be true, and based on the reaction to what he said I'd be inclined to believe that it is. However, it isn't really a big spoiler and it's something that I kind of already expect honestly.

I kind of wish that they would have allowed him (Jiang Wen) to speak in his native tongue and had Donnie Yen to translate for him after he introduced himself.
TCTTS
AG
That would have been a great idea. The whole panel didn't seem very well rehearsed. Most of the actors didn't even know what they could/couldn't say. You'd think they would have at least gone over that aspect with them beforehand.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
In other discussions, what's going to happen to Jiang Wen now that he gave out a spoiler (not a surprising one but a spoiler)?
Probably nothing since his English isn't that strong, and what was said isn't all that unexpected by many IMO.
First Page Last Page
Page 451 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.