Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,173 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by TCTTS
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Curious to see how they use Thrawn in this.
jeffk
AG
Someone mentioned a while back that there's a good list of important Clone Wars and Rebels episodes somewhere. Anyone know where to find this list?

I want to catch all the key parts of the two series, but really don't have the time to watch all of the previous seasons.
SeattleAgJr
quote:
Someone mentioned a while back that there's a good list of important Clone Wars and Rebels episodes somewhere. Anyone know where to find this list?

I want to catch all the key parts of the two series, but really don't have the time to watch all of the previous seasons.
I am sure someone will be along with the list soon.

Honestly, for Rebels, you can just watch the first two seasons and be OK. There are references to CL characters and events, but nothing that is critical to the stories.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Someone in the panel asked Filoni about that, and he said no, but that the person who designed the Outrider way back when now works on Rebels, so it's just the same class of ship.
Well, it was a long shot but the Outrider is a beautiful ship IMO. I'm glad they'll at least have a representation of it in the show.
TXAG 05
AG
quote:
quote:

I am sure someone will be along with the list soon.

Honestly, for Rebels, you can just watch the first two seasons and be OK. There are references to CL characters and events, but nothing that is critical to the stories.

Anyone not watching Rebels is really missing out.
hunter2012
AG
quote:

Here's a link to see them in chronological order

Regardless how many you skip, do watch them in chronological order it makes the show so much more enjoyable.
The Collective
AG
quote:
REBELS TRAILER SEASON 3!!!!!!!

THRAWN!!!!!!!!!!

Also, did I see the Outrider?!!?!?!?!

I can't believe this is a cartoon. Incredible.
jeffk
AG
Awesome. Thanks!
jabberwalkie09
AG
That doesn't have the season 6 "Lost Episodes" that Netflix bought from what I see.

Episodes 1 through 4 of that season deal with the Order 66 Conspiracy. Episodes 5 through 7 deals with more senate stuff and the banking clan (Brian would probably enjoy these episodes ). Episode 8 and 9 is a Mace Windu and Jar Jar adventure (I'd skip). Episode 10 deals with the disappearance of Sifo-Dyas. Episodes 11 through 13 centers on Yoda learning what a Force Ghost is.

I wouldn't say that all of them are necessary, but the Order 66 arc and the Yoda arc are probably two out of that season that I would watch again.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Season 3 poster.

jeffk
AG
Is Disney XD the only legal way to watch previous Rebels seasons?

Sorry for the noob questions - I'm looking for a new show to binge this summer, and CW and Rebels piqued my interest.
SeattleAgJr
quote:
Is Disney XD the only legal way to watch previous Rebels seasons?

Sorry for the noon questions - I'm looking for a new show to binge this summer, and CW and Rebels piqued my interest.
Legal?

blu ray collections or Amazon purchasing of digital video?

otherwise....

If you already subscribe to Disney.... I would not feel too guilty about torrenting
AliasMan02
AG
They do make it ridiculously hard to watch current seasons.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Knowing GA Thrawn is part of Canon may ffinally be what brings me over to the new EU, fully
JCRiley09
AG
quote:
That doesn't have the season 6 "Lost Episodes" that Netflix bought from what I see.

Episodes 1 through 4 of that season deal with the Order 66 Conspiracy. Episodes 5 through 7 deals with more senate stuff and the banking clan (Brian would probably enjoy these episodes ). Episode 8 and 9 is a Mace Windu and Jar Jar adventure (I'd skip). Episode 10 deals with the disappearance of Sifo-Dyas. Episodes 11 through 13 centers on Yoda learning what a Force Ghost is.

I wouldn't say that all of them are necessary, but the Order 66 arc and the Yoda arc are probably two out of that season that I would watch again.

This Reddit page is pretty good I think: https://m.reddit.com/r/TheCloneWars/comments/3wrlch/xpost_from_rstar_wars_star_wars_the_clone_wars_an/?ref=search_posts&utm_source=mweb_redirect&compact=true
SeattleAgJr
quote:
Knowing GA Thrawn is part of Canon may ffinally be what brings me over to canon the new EU, fully
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Knowing GA Thrawn is part of Canon may ffinally be what brings me over to the new EU, fully
Thrawn is also getting a new canon novel as well.
Ag Since 83
AG
I just finished Life Debt. A LOT better than Aftermath, in both style and substance

• Norra Wexley's crew is much more established and now plays off one another more naturally
  • Han and Chewie's relationship goes in a direction I wasn't expecting
  • Some more information on Jakku, and it looks like the next book will be heavily set there
Duncan Idaho
quote:
Han and Chewie's relationship goes in a direction I wasn't expecting

They gayed it up didn't they?
SeattleAgJr
quote:
They gayed it up didn't they?
To the tune of Nookie by Limb Bizkit

I came here to this world on a slave ship
Look into these eyes, oh wait you can't cause I'm a hairy thing
Han Solo has a past, a bounty-hunting king
But Greedo has to come try to mess up the whole thing
Hey, think of it this way
'Cause Jabba had to say that he'd pay
For Solo's head on a tray
And he's my homie so that'd suck
But I'm just a guy named Chewy and that's all

Bridge:
(Hey) Like a Hut (x7)

Things weren't looking great, but yeah they're looking good
Cause now Han has a reputation in this neighborhood
And you'd think that we would move along
But some Jedi little kid asked Han for a ride, yeah
And I'd kill for a Salisbury steak
I think Han and me need a break
But the Death Star is in the way
Hey, what the hell, let's go blow Darth away
I won't lie he's an evil guy

Chorus:
I did it all for the Wookie (come on)
The Wookie (come on) so you can take that cookie
And stick it up your (Chewbacca growl)
Stick it up your (Chewbacca growl)
Stick it up your (Chewbacca growl)
Stick it up your
(Repeat)

Why did it take so long for someone to write this song?
We're real Star Wars fans
Props to Lucas for inspiring this here song
And you can sing along in a minute
Anyway, back to Tatooine
Luke had to save this pretty girl
(But in reality) it was Luke's little sister
How long he'd missed her, His thumbs were blistered
From a light saber mister

(Bridge)

(Chorus)

Slow Section:

I'm not a human, unless you count the guy that's inside Chewy's suit
And I'll tell you, it's hot you know, this job right here is hard my son
Under appreciated I am, but Wookie fans rock on
Wookies rock on, Wookie fans rock on

I'm going to change out of this hairy thing
Does that guy named Yoda go through all this pain?
(Repeat x3)

(Chorus)
SeattleAgJr
I just gayed it up even more!
mazag08
AG
Calling it now..

Benedict Cumberbatch to play Thrawn whenever he appears in a movie.
The Collective
AG
http://collider.com/rogue-one-cast-star-wars-celebration-images
SeattleAgJr
quote:
Calling it now..

who says he is not in rogue one........
Thrawn. Not cummerbund.

Edit Cumberbatch. I love autocorrect!
jr15aggie
AG
The nerdgasm must be huge right now with Thrawn. I read those books and like the character, but when the old EU was discarded the tears shed over this guy was hilarious. Glad he's back for those that really cared.
SeattleAgJr
quote:
The nerdgasm must be huge right now with Thrawn. I read those books and like the character, but when the old EU was discarded the tears shed over this guy was hilarious. Glad he's back for those that really cared.
he was awesome at the time, but let's not delude ourselves. He was plot device 101.

He ALWAYS had things figured out in advance. It was way too convenient, and just a means to move the story.

But we were starved for content when those books came out.
AliasMan02
AG
Filoni and the story group will do a better job with Thrawn than Zahn did. See Filoni's comments about ylsamari (sp) for an example.
HeadGames
AG
Haha, that cell phone trailer was the worst. Hopefully the real one will be up like... Tomorrow.
t_J_e_C_x
AG
I'd love to talk to some Star Wars fans about canon/non-canon stuff on another thread, but not sure if there would be any push.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
I'd love to talk to some Star Wars fans about canon/non-canon stuff on another thread, but not sure if there would be any push.

Start a thread, man. Free country!
Ag Since 83
AG
So unless they are doing some last minute thing for the people in the room - no movie titles or anything like that announced at the Future Filmmaker panel and closing ceremonies.
TCTTS
AG
This was my only day to sleep in this week, and there was no way I was waking up at 7 AM this morning for the panel. Still, I expected at least ONE bit of news coming out of the panel, and for this thread to have at least 20 more posts. When I saw only 4 new posts since yesterday, I figured it was cancelled or something. So glad I didn't get up for it. What a let down.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
Calling it now..

Who's gonna play Rukh !? Who is a short muscular badass in acting world?
Ag Since 83
AG
Here's some of the stuff that did happen at the panel:

• Rian Johnson has a cameo in Rogue One, and Gareth Edwards has a cameo in Episode VIII
  • Boyega, Hamill, and Fisher made appearances
  • Lord and Miller announced the Han Solo movie would start filming in January or February. They are still working on the script with the Kasdans
  • Ehrenreich made an appearance, and they said he was the first one to audition. He and the other finalists eventually screen tested in the Falcon with Chewie (so Chewie may be making an appearance in the movie)
  • Miller apparently appears in the special edition of Empire as a stormtrooper, shot while he was an intern
  • Johnson confirms that Episode VIII will in fact take off right where VII left off
  • Johnson mainly shared photos with green screen in the background. He promises they built a lot of sets, but didn't want to give anything away yet

TCTTS
AG
Thanks for the recap.
First Page Last Page
Page 453 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.