Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,602 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by TCTTS
3rdGen2015
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Speaking of Rebels, is there a good way to catch up besides illegal means? I'm just about through Clone Wars and I was wanting to watch those soon.
jabberwalkie09
AG
AFAIK, no. Rebels has not yet made it to Netflix, so you would have to purchase the episodes via Amazon Instant Video.
wangus12
AG
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Speaking of Rebels, is there a good way to catch up besides illegal means? I'm just about through Clone Wars and I was wanting to watch those soon.

The lack of distribution for Rebels is one of Disney's only truly off marketing moves, I think.
amercer
AG
At one point you could watch Rebels on the DisneyXD app. Don't know if that's true anymore
tamusc
AG
You still can, but you need an active TV subscription that supports the DisneyXD app.
AverageJones
AG
Happy Star Wars day, everyone. May the Fourth be with you.
Ag Since 83
AG
Four chapters into Bloodline, here's some info in case you are thinking about reading it

• Political conflict in the Senate: Those in favor of local systems maintaining authority vs. those who want a strong central government. So basically the United States
  • Han's off helping run racing leagues apparently. Chewie's living back on Kashyyyk
  • No idea if they'll actually play a part in the book, but Ben is still training with Luke at this point (or if he has revolted, Leia hasn't heard about it yet)
AliasMan02
AG
Hoping to start this tonight.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The Collective
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I was waiting for today to buy a ticket to the trilogy screening at Alamo Drafthouse, but there is no info about it on their site or anywhere else.

Then I saw this:

That's some bull****. A heads up beforehand would'be been nice, guys.
The Collective
AG
quote:
I was waiting for today to buy a ticket to the trilogy screening at Alamo Drafthouse, but there is no info about it on their site or anywhere else.

Then I saw this:

That's some bull****. A heads up beforehand would'be been nice, guys.

I sense a disturbance in the force.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Also, Disney doesn't own the OT distribution rights, I thought? So how can Disney even nix this if they wanted? Pretty sure Fox has the final say here, no?
fig96
AG
quote:
Also, Disney doesn't own the OT distribution rights, I thought? So how can Disney even nix this if they wanted? Pretty sure Fox has the final say here, no?
Interesting point, I do think that's the case.
The Collective
AG
It is my understanding that Fox owns the theatrical and home video release rights to all of the Star Wars films (except VII) for the next 4 years. The biggest exception is episode IV which there is no ending duration on their control of it.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:
Interesting point, I do think that's the case.
From wikipedia:
[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/20th_Century_Fox][/url]
quote:
20th Century Fox, the original distributor of the first six Star Wars films, still retains the physical distribution rights to the original two Star Wars trilogies, currently owning permanent full distribution rights for the original 1977 film, while also holding the theatrical and home video distribution rights to Episodes IIII, V, and VI until May 2020.[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucasfilm#cite_note-FOXrights-32][32][/url] Lucasfilm retains the television and digital distribution rights to all the Star Wars films except the original.
So if I am understand that right, it's a Fox distribution thing until 2020.
512Ag
AG

May the 4th be with y'all.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
wangus12
AG
Busy morning for you huh
Farmer1906
AG
quote:

Its not even noon yet.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:

At first I was like, huh? And then I was like, oh, he said it backwards. And then I was like, Oh, it's Yoda, of course he said it backwards.... and then I was all ROFL!!!!

Brilliant!
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
quote:

Its not even noon yet.
So?
double aught
AG
quote:

Spotify has a May the Fourth playlist today. If you play it on your PC, it has a light saber for the play bar.
cr0wbar
AG
quote:
quote:

At first I was like, huh? And then I was like, oh, he said it backwards. And then I was like, Oh, it's Yoda, of course he said it backwards.... and then I was all ROFL!!!!

Brilliant!
I chuckled- but then I read it in my best Yoda voice in my head and definitely ROFLd.
512Ag
AG
When you laughed, did it sound like this:

TCTTS
AG
Remember this? Yeah, it was actually accurate...

http://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2016/05/actor-mark-hamill-confirms-original-opening-scene-of-star-wars-the-force-awakens-in-another-charity-campaign.html
redline248
AG
So lightsabers are made of the type of material that allows spaceships to go through the atmosphere without burning? Seems to me a droid factory machine wouldn't be able to cut one in half, then
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Thank God they didn't do that.
The Collective
AG
quote:
in his return to the sci-fi franchise

What kind of franchise?
The Collective
AG
quote:
Thank God they didn't do that.

Haha. Sabotaged by someone who knew better... What - the very first seconds got out? We have to change it!
Silvertaps
AG
quote:
Remember this? Yeah, it was actually accurate...

http://www.starwarsnewsnet.com/2016/05/actor-mark-hamill-confirms-original-opening-scene-of-star-wars-the-force-awakens-in-another-charity-campaign.html

Thankfully they dumped the idea. It would've been a bit of a reach...hoping they have a better story on how that saber is back Luke's hands...err...hand.
AMW2010
AG

SpreadsheetAg
AG
Agree; the questions would be: how did a hand get from Bespin to Jakku just floating through space? If it was recovered at Bespin why didn't the recoverer separate them and how did that person lose it again intact?
double aught
AG
quote:
So lightsabers are made of the type of material that allows spaceships to go through the atmosphere without burning? Seems to me a droid factory machine wouldn't be able to cut one in half, then
You can cut into a spaceship with the right tools.
First Page Last Page
Page 424 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.