Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,301 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by TCTTS
amercer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Found this on the internets today:

http://billyjensen.com/finding-boshek/

Maybe old news to some of the more dedicated Star Wars folks here, but I had never heard of this.
The Collective
AG
I actually watched one of those Episode 8 spoiler videos on youtube. I doubt it is correct, but if it is, I will laud the prequels for their storytelling.
3rdGen2015
AG
quote:
I actually watched one of those Episode 8 spoiler videos on youtube. I doubt it is correct, but if it is, I will laud the prequels for their storytelling.
It's very unlikely that they're right, especially considering most of them sound like they were written by third graders.
The Collective
AG
This one was based on that script that allegedly made it out. Let's just say Rey is actually Luke's father.
512Ag
AG
quote:

Is that Zordon? Nice.
The Collective
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Correct you are.
FincAg
AG
May not be news to you all, but Episode VII is coming to Uverse OnDemand May 4th.

So May the 4th be with you.

I was able to get my wife to watch the earlier episodes in the Machete order but were not able to carve time out to go to a theatre before it left our area.
3rdGen2015
AG
In case any of you are into set photos (could be considered spoiler-ish?). I don't think the URL reveals anything, but just in case - HERE is the link from MakingStarWars.
Malachi Constant
AG
Is that building at the top of the hill part of the set?
The Collective
AG
Bring on the force tree
3rdGen2015
AG
It looks like a separate set to me
Malachi Constant
AG
redline248
AG
That's Tolkein, right?
BMX Bandit
quote:
In case any of you are into set photos (could be considered spoiler-ish?). I don't think the URL reveals anything, but just in case - HERE is the link from MakingStarWars.

Amazing pics! Thanks.

Those rooms look like a senate office and adjoining trade policy meeting room.
The Collective
Solo Tetherball Champ
quote:
That's Tolkein, right?
yep.

Duncan Idaho
quote:

Noticeable lack of green screens
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The Collective
AG
quote:

That would have been so epic.
redline248
AG
Only for the magnitude of meltdown
wangus12
AG
Theatres would have burned
AliasMan02
AG
So, for those following the larger universe, Rae Sloane showed up in the latest issue of the Kanan comic. She's an important central Imperial character in A New Dawn and Aftermath. She's also in the Aftermath sequel, Life Debt.

Worth keeping an eye on her. She was probably the best part of (the very shaky) Aftermath.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Rae_Sloane
redline248
AG
Mind giving a little background on her, or pointing to a website? Is she in rebels at all?
AliasMan02
AG
Linked above.

Hasn't shown up in Rebels yet. Not sure that she will. Would be interesting, though. If they need a Vice Admiral character, why not?
redline248
AG
quote:
She later became an Admiral and commanded the Star Destroyer Vigilance during the Battle of Endor. Following the destruction of the Executor, Admiral Sloane was left as the highest ranking officer in that fleet, and organized the Imperial retreat following the destruction of the Death Star.

Not looking good for Thrawn making it into new canon.
Ag Since 83
AG
Reminder: Bloodline by Claudia Gray (previously wrote Lost Stars) is out today
wangus12
AG
quote:
quote:
She later became an Admiral and commanded the Star Destroyer Vigilance during the Battle of Endor. Following the destruction of the Executor, Admiral Sloane was left as the highest ranking officer in that fleet, and organized the Imperial retreat following the destruction of the Death Star.

Sadl, I think the new Canon is pretty intent on leaving the Legends stuff alone for the most part. I beginning to doubt we see Thrawn
AverageJones
AG
Thrawn wasn't at the battle of Endor, he came in later
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
quote:

She is outranked by a mysterious figure that we never saw in Aftermath.
jabberwalkie09
AG

quote:
Early yesterday, in preparation for the upcoming May 4th celebrations, a Sienar Fleet Systems Twin Ion TIE fighter was lost during an air show practice demonstration. Thankfully, the crew managed to egress the spacecraft before impacting the planetary surface. Preliminary findings indicate the accident was caused by the Galactic Empire demonstration fighter entering a split S maneuver with insufficient altitude to allow for recovery. Rebel Alliance Safety Board officials will be commencing a preliminary investigation of the accident. When asked about the mistake of entering a maneuver with insufficient altitude, Admiral Akbar responded by saying "It's a trap!"

https://www.facebook.com/196749240390199/photos/a.196752450389878.50474.196749240390199/1120290801369367/?type=3&theater
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Malachi Constant
AG
December 2017 can't get here fast enough...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
At least we have December 2016 to hold us over.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Well, we have R1 and season 3 of Rebels. Not to mention a few books too.
First Page Last Page
Page 423 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.