Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,539 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 52 min ago by TCTTS
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/05/04/the-force-was-with-us-mark-hamill-confirms-old-star-wars-scoop
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Same story?
TCTTS
AG
Kind of, but from the guys who actually posted the original scoop in the first place. Provides a bit more context. Ha, it was easier to ask that in a post rather than just clicking on the link?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I did, hence the question.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Exactly the properties that make certain steels hard also make them brittle (more susceptible to cracking and sheer forces). IIRC

Also, I assume Lightsaber metal would be about 1/8" - 1/4" thick at best. i assume reentry wouldn't affect a smaller object nearly as much but may scorch the outside a little. Whereas a huge improbable cleaver would cut right through it
The Collective
AG
I just assume it was found by a miner and traded on the black market or something... much more feasible to me.
TCTTS
AG
Ha, I'm really confused.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I was asking why you posted the same story twice. No worries, move along.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Finally got an "update".

https://drafthouse.com/event/star-wars

No tickets yet.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Ha, I'm really confused.
Don't worry. In traditional May the Fourth fashion...

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Oh wow.

https://www.inverse.com/article/15123-george-lucas-s-original-plans-for-star-wars-episode-vii-and-boba-fett-reve

tl;dr - Original villain for ROTJ was Boba Fett. Sequel trilogy (which would focus more on Emperor/Vader/Luke) was cancelled.
TCTTS
AG
AliasMan02
AG
redline248
AG
How much is that?
AliasMan02
AG
Based on past multi-ship expansions, probably retail $40 - $50, so most places will be $30 - $40. Nothing official released yet.
redline248
AG
I don't play the miniatures game, but I definitely might buy that.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
definitely might
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
I don't play the miniatures game, but I definitely might buy that.

The models are awesome, and it's an all new sculpt and paint of the Falcon so it's true to the TFA version.
TCTTS
AG
redline248
TCTTS
AG

http://posterposse.com/may-the-4th-be-with-you-a-plethora-of-posters-by-the-poster-posse/
Ag Since 83
AG
SW Celebration announced for Orlando next April. Tickets go on sale in 3 weeks. At this point I'm probably going again. Anaheim was amazing. I may or may not camp out for the Episode VIII panel though, no promises!

Also, regarding Chris Miller's tweet, I clearly play too much Battlefront because my first thought was "good to see the DL-44"
wangus12
AG
I feel like I should be watching Episode VII today, but I really need to watch Winter Soldier and AoU.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
I feel like I should be watching Episode VII today, but I really need to watch Winter Soldier and AoU.
You will watch all three.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Full version is now up on the Star Wars site:
http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-day-surprise-hear-the-full-version-of-jabba-flow-from-the-force-awakens
Chipotlemonger
AG
Who else watched some Star Wars today?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I planned on watching ESB but had to watch AoU to get ready for Civil War tomorrow.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
(Fan made)
Chipotlemonger
AG
You know what I realized? Everyone complaining about Rey being too powerful with a lightsaber needs to watch the movie....yet again. She's fleeing pretty much the entire fight. Not as hard to defend melee attacks when you're running away for the most part.

Seriously the more I see this movie the more I see that most of the complaints are merely straight hair splitting commentary.
Philip J Fry
AG
Had a bigger issue with Finn being proficient than Rey.
redline248
AG
I wouldn't say he was proficient. Got his ass kicked by a storm trooper and Kylo. He knew how to turn it on, hold it and deflect a few attacks. That was about the extent of it.
Ag Since 83
AG
Agreed with redline. With the training Finn had, it's realistic to think he could do some fencing with it. It's not like he was deflecting blaster bolts like a Jedi (neither did Rey yet, for that matter)
512Ag
AG
70 pound, 4' long Lego star destroyer
512Ag
AG
quote:
You know what I realized? Everyone complaining about Rey being too powerful with a lightsaber needs to watch the movie....yet again. She's fleeing pretty much the entire fight. Not as hard to defend melee attacks when you're running away for the most part.

Seriously the more I see this movie the more I see that most of the complaints are merely straight hair splitting commentary.
I agree with this. Plus, people tend to forget that she was pretty badass with a staff already, so it's not inconceivable that she could at least kinda-sorta swing a lightsaber with at least some proficiency. Then, when she lets the Force guide her, she fights a lot better.
MrPlow2010
AG
https://deadline.com/2016/05/star-wars-han-solo-movie-alden-ehrenreich-frontrunner-cast-1201737425/

Don't know if this has been posted yet or not
First Page Last Page
Page 425 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.