Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,012 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by TCTTS
The Collective
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It was a charitable event maybe around 5 years ago. I had the pleasure of going as a representative for my prior employer. I wasn't important or anything. It was a reward that I got to go on the trip. He was there as pretty much a PR/celebrity rep for one of the charities represented. I was able to sheepishly introduce myself during a meet and greet and have about 90 seconds of his time, and that's all there is to it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Was he there as a spokesperson for Sprint?
W.C. Griffin '09
AG
Aren't there A-wings in Return of the Jedi? I'm pretty sure one crashes into the bridge of a Star Destroyer
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yeah.

I figured they were variations of the same ship, but I can't find anything to back that up on wookieepedia, so disregard.
YouBet
AG
MH looks as if he's about to beat Williams ass in that first pic.

Unrelated SW comment...who would ever thought the Ginger prince would be the cooler of the two?
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Strictly speaking that is true, but I always assumed they were direct descendants of the Jedi starfighters.
Possibly, as they along with the Alpha-3 Nimbus were produced by the Kuat Drive Yards. If I am remembering the canon stuff correctly. It's possible they are derivative designs of each other, but they are different enough in frame IMO that they are different. They also don't require a droid like most of the other ships produced by Kuat do that we know of.
The Collective
AG
quote:
Was he there as a spokesperson for Sprint?

The Collective
AG
quote:
quote:
Strictly speaking that is true, but I always assumed they were direct descendants of the Jedi starfighters.
Possibly, as they along with the Alpha-3 Nimbus were produced by the Kuat Drive Yards. If I am remembering the canon stuff correctly. It's possible they are derivative designs of each other, but they are different enough in frame IMO that they are different. They also don't require a droid like most of the other ships produced by Kuat do that we know of.

Damn. You know stuff.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Aren't there A-wings in Return of the Jedi? I'm pretty sure one crashes into the bridge of a Star Destroyer
Correct. One crashed into the bridge of the Executor at the Battle of Endor in ROTJ.

IIRC only X-Wings and Y-Wings were present at the Battle of Yavin, and I believe A-Wings were added into the special editions for ESB within the hangar at Hoth Base.
Chipotlemonger
AG
That sounds right.
The Collective
AG
quote:
I believe A-Wings were added into the special editions for ESB within the hangar at Hoth Base.

Probably had force ghost Anakin in them too.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Damn jabber. I've definitely been out-nerded.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Damn. You know stuff.
I'll admit that some of that was from memory, but I'll also admit that some of that came from the databank/canon wookiepedia so happening to be in front of my desktop was a bonus to check myself. And I'll admit to being a nerd and also a bit of a fleet/ship junky in general.

BTW, now that we know we are seeing A-Wings I'm hoping that we see some B-Wings too. B-wings are probably one of my favorite fighters in the OT and we saw so little of them. It's the only anti-ship fighter (not an interceptor or superiority fighter) left in the Rebellion's arsenal since canon reorganized that is anti-capital ship.... And the damn A-Wing stole the show in ROTJ.
double aught
AG
quote:

Unrelated SW comment...who would ever thought the Ginger prince would be the cooler of the two?
Yeah, guy's a badass. Sitting in that A Wing, he's thinking "This thing's cool, but not as cool as the Apache I flew in a real war."
hurleyag
AG
quote:
It was a charitable event maybe around 5 years ago. I had the pleasure of going as a representative for my prior employer. I wasn't important or anything. It was a reward that I got to go on the trip. He was there as pretty much a PR/celebrity rep for one of the charities represented. I was able to sheepishly introduce myself during a meet and greet and have about 90 seconds of his time, and that's all there is to it.
Should have put this on the Focus thread...
Duncan Idaho
quote:

Well his lack of royal blood makes up for his lack of a soul.
The Shank Ag
Page 420 on April 20th.

dave94
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
jabberwalkie09
AG
Yoda is strong in the force.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

The Collective
AG
quote:

This will begin to make things right.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Simplebay
AG
Per Reddit, who claims to have seen the script, Episode VIII's title is Star Wars: Echoes of the Dark Side.

Not posting it in case any of it is somehow true, but lets just say this person also says Hayden Christensen is back as a force ghost.
redline248
AG
sounds pretty troll, to me
3rdGen2015
AG
I agree, that sounds like a troll. It almost seems too early for the subtitle to leak, especially when MakingStarWars hasn't even posted anything about the subtitle.
The Collective
AG
Is Force Ghost Anakin in charge of rebuilding the Senate?
AcctAg11
AG
quote:
quote:
A-Wing!

Prequels reference! Guys, prequels reference! Attack!
Don't recall A-Wing's being in the PT. At all. And I don't believe the Jedi Starfighter qualifies, which is the closest approximation I can think of right now.

The earliest A-Wing appearance AFAIK is in Rebels.

Also, earliest appearance of a B-Wing in canon is the Blade Wing in "Wings of the Master" which is also in Rebels.

Does it bother anyone else that the prequel trilogy ship technology seemed entirely superior to the technology from the original trilogy? It's my biggest complaint about the PT, despite all of the other things wrong with those films.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
At least mechanical hands improved.
Chipotlemonger
AG
All the technology was more advanced. It was...Ludicrous.
redline248
AG
It never bothered me bc largely it was the result of better effects technology in the real world. Also, do you really expect George Lucas to keep technology consistent with time? He couldn't even be bothered to keep simple stories straight from the originals.

Although, I will say that the triple wing fighters looked like a clear downgrade from the x wing.
Flashdiaz
AG
The prequels show a time of prosperity and peace... Slowly things downgraded including technology which explains why things are new and shiny in the prequels and run down in the original trilogy.

At least that's what I tell myself.

Which reminds me, one neat thing about Revenge of the sith, Obi Wan uses the same move on a battle droid saving the emperor at the beginning that he uses later in to defeat Anakin (cuts off both legs and an arm in 2 motions).
InnerCityAg
quote:
guys- I'm sorry. Where can I get an official ruling on how to properly pronounce:

"AT-AT"

"AT-ST"

I thought it was "Ay Tee Ay Tee" and "Ay Tee Es Tee"

The science is settled... this pronunciation is correct.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
quote:
guys- I'm sorry. Where can I get an official ruling on how to properly pronounce:

"AT-AT"

"AT-ST"

I thought it was "Ay Tee Ay Tee" and "Ay Tee Es Tee"

The science is settled... this pronunciation is correct.
Again, not according to LucasFilm...

It's atat (hathat) and scout walker
Dog Walker and Chicken Walker are acceptable.
Aytee-aytee if you want to sound like an idiot who doesn't know anything about Star Wars.

AT-ST is okay.
InnerCityAg
quote:
quote:
An email blast to Lucasfilm's public relations department provided the definitive verdict. The official pronunciation for AT-AT is the phonetic one, as in it rhymes with "hat hat."

I wonder if this changed during the Disney changeover. In the Star Wars Battlefront game, the walkers are referred to as "Ay Tee - Ay Tee".

SWBF is canon.
First Page Last Page
Page 420 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.