Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,781 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by TCTTS
YouBet
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Purchased TFA Bluray today and watched it tonight for second time since the theater. Was way better at home in my own media room. Missed some of the dialogue in theater and my sound was way better.

Anyway, noticed a minor, interesting detail. The ridiculous fly away camera work at the very end of the movie has been cut from the Bluray version. At end of Bluray, the camera pulls back from Luke and Rey a bit and then cuts away to credits instead of circling around the island like in the theater version which was completely out of place and jarring. Good improvement. Didn't notice any other differences.
Simplebay
AG
uh, what?

scene is still there. 100%. camera pulls back and spins.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
uh, what?

Yeah, mine too.
The Collective
AG
quote:
uh, what?

Same here.
PatAg
AG
quote:
Soooo

Who is the ninja?

Is that black robed character Darth Vader or Palpatine?

Who is Alan Tudyk playing?
Donnie Yen, the ****ing Ip Man
PatAg
AG
quote:
I made a slight modification to that graphic:

Should be "Many Bothans Dying"

PatAg
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Alls I know is, I can't wait to see this done with 2016 visual effects.

Wasn't that the test firing?
It was. Tarkington said to Leia, "we shall now test this station's destructive fire power on your home planet of Alderaan".

But I wonder... She seemed to know what to expect when he said that, so it could be possible the Empire had tested it already.
Wut
TCTTS
AG
jr15aggie
AG
I think I noticed a difference in the Blu-Ray....correct me if I'm wrong. I thought in the theater Han says, "I've got a very bad feeling about this"... But now they have deleted "very" and we are back to the traditional "I've got a bad feeling about this".
YouBet
AG
Mine version does maybe a half spin and then credits. I'll watch again. Maybe I'm crazy. I remember a much more drawn out scene in the theater to the point that it was completely out of place with rest of the movie.
Flashdiaz
AG
What the hell, mine cuts out right before that hooded guy turns around... Who is it??

You people probably just have bad memories.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
My version has Jar Jar.
PatAg
AG
quote:
My version has Jar Jar.

Thats the home movie you made.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
quote:
My version has Jar Jar.

Snuff film of Jar Jar?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
quote:
My version has Jar Jar.

Wrong, the home movie I made involves Padme being chained to a column in the middle of Geonosis arena.
redline248
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
My version has Jar Jar.

Wrong, the home movie I made involves Padme being chained to a column in the middle of Geonosis arena.

OMG you grew up pretending to be Hayden Christensen
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://instagr.am/p/BEAme0blE0_

Love her so much.
dave94
AG
https://www.facebook.com/HamillHimself/photos/a.1445222825806846.1073741829.1387651274897335/1568489333480194/?type=3
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:

Love her so much.

Happy Birthday, Daisy!
YouBet
AG
quote:
https://www.facebook.com/HamillHimself/photos/a.1445222825806846.1073741829.1387651274897335/1568489333480194/?type=3
I want to be Mark Hamillls friend.
YouBet
AG
I'm chalking my earlier post up to memory deterioration or exaggeration as it were. I just watched a clip of the final scene online and it matched my Bluray. I guess that scene drive me so crazy when I saw it in theater that my memory has greatly exaggerated it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Mark Hamill, so hot right now.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
wangus12
AG

jr15aggie
AG
Daisy able to hold a grown man on her back... I think some of yalls obsession just got worse!
dave94
AG
quote:

I love the Internet.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
So some questions while watching for 6th time:
1. What is it that sinks the tie fighter on Jakku? A dune worm? A sinkhole? A sarlacc?

2. Why does Rey smile so much when he's explaining he's from the resistance... It's almost like she knows more than she's letting on...?

Haha, just realized the called the MF "garbage... The garbage will do..." And that is probably a nod to the ambiguous line from ESB, Han: "imperials always dump their garbage before going to lifhtspeed, so we'll just float away..." Leia: "With the REST of the garbage!"

I'll post more as run across more nuance
zgood10
AG
quote:
So some questions researching for 6th time:
1. What is it that sinks the tie fighter on Jakku? A dune worm? A sinkhole? A sarlacc?

2. Why does Rey smile so much when he's explaining he's from the resistance... It's almost like she knows more than she's letting on...?

Haha, just realized the called the MF "garbage... The garbage will do..." And that is probably a nod to the ambiguous line from ESB, Han: "imperials always dump their garbage before going to lifhtspeed, so we'll just float away..." Leia: "With the REST of the garbage!"

I'll post more as run across more nuance
1) quicksand
2) she's heard stories of the Resistance - she also has that x-wing pilot's helmet and pretends to be a pilot
2a) could be the force making her all tingly and stuff
wangus12
AG
quote:
What a piece of junk!

Edited for failures unacceptable of this board. See below for details
SpreadsheetAg
AG
"Piece" of junk
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Also; some other things I noticed that are nuanced:

1. Temmin Wexley calls the super weapon a "hyper light speed" weapon saying they didn't know how they did it. So for those who wondered ; does this mean the beam travels a light speed squared??

2. I hate how much the word "oscillator" is used in the planning speech; and the Asian dude (Myles from Lost) is turble... He never gets better...

3. Lastly, I still don't like how their master plan is simply: "bring down shield, destroy oscillator, blow up planet-weapon"... With no timing, no communications, etc.

4. As mentioned in 1. Above they have no idea how to have a "hyper lifhtspeed" weapon. However; when the wings are headed toward the Starkiller base IN HYPERSPACE they are receiving comms instructions from the Resistance Base while at lightspeed about when to drop out of lightspeed. For that to be possible, the comms would have to travel at hyper-lightspeed....
SeattleAgJr
quote:
4. As mentioned in 1. Above they have no idea how to have a "hyper lifhtspeed" weapon. However; when the wings are headed toward the Starkiller base IN HYPERSPACE they are receiving comms instructions from the Resistance Base while at lightspeed about when to drop out of lightspeed. For that to be possible, the comms would have to travel at hyper-lightspeed....
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hyperwave

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hypercomm
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
fig96
AG
quote:
quote:

Love her so much.

Happy Birthday, Daisy!
Daisy and I share a birthday! I have a few years on her though.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Potential evidence Ray is of Han & Leia (I know it's not the most popular theory)...

Why does she get to pilot the Falcon at the end of the movie to where Luke is? If anything it's Chewbacca's now that Han is dead. He should be piloting... Unless: a) Chewie owed Han a life-debt and it's been transferred to Ray now that Han is dead because she's his daughter; and 2) because she's his daughter, ownership rights to the Falcon have given her the title of ownership.
First Page Last Page
Page 410 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.