Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,860,109 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
wangus12
AG
Dang you edited it
redline248
AG
quote:
quote:
4. As mentioned in 1. Above they have no idea how to have a "hyper lifhtspeed" weapon. However; when the wings are headed toward the Starkiller base IN HYPERSPACE they are receiving comms instructions from the Resistance Base while at lightspeed about when to drop out of lightspeed. For that to be possible, the comms would have to travel at hyper-lightspeed....
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hyperwave

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hypercomm

Not canon
Philip J Fry
AG
Rewatched it tonight. Never realized how many of the resistance guys ran around to no particular destination. A little destracting once you notice it
fig96
AG
Haha, I did
SeattleAgJr
quote:
quote:
quote:
4. As mentioned in 1. Above they have no idea how to have a "hyper lifhtspeed" weapon. However; when the wings are headed toward the Starkiller base IN HYPERSPACE they are receiving comms instructions from the Resistance Base while at lightspeed about when to drop out of lightspeed. For that to be possible, the comms would have to travel at hyper-lightspeed....
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hyperwave

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Hypercomm

Not canon
Actually, it is.

The EU stories are not canon, but the underlying tech is.
SeattleAgJr
txagman1998
AG
quote:
Why does she get to pilot the Falcon at the end of the movie to where Luke is? If anything it's Chewbacca's now that Han is dead. He should be piloting... Unless: a) Chewie owed Han a life-debt and it's been transferred to Ray now that Han is dead because she's his daughter; and 2) because she's his daughter, ownership rights to the Falcon have given her the title of ownership.

I'm sure when she and Chewie have some free time they can stop by the Galactic DMV office on Corellia and get this all straightened out. She just needs to make sure that if she runs into Lando Calrissian along the way that she turns down any invitation to play a few hands of Sabacc.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Potential evidence Ray is of Han & Leia (I know it's not the most popular theory)...

Why does she get to pilot the Falcon at the end of the movie to where Luke is? If anything it's Chewbacca's now that Han is dead. He should be piloting... Unless: a) Chewie owed Han a life-debt and it's been transferred to Ray now that Han is dead because she's his daughter; and 2) because she's his daughter, ownership rights to the Falcon have given her the title of ownership.

Novelization makes the point that Rey tried to take the copilot seat, but Chewie insisted she fly.
The Collective
AG
Did Han have a will? If not, his property could belong to Ben Solo.
The Collective
AG
After viewing the movie at home with the wife and kids, we have decided this is the best moment of the movie.

redline248
AG
Yep. I assume they were trying to portray the fanaticism of the first order?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I prefer that traitor to the earlier traitor.
The Collective
AG
The whole film does a good job of portraying that Kylo truly believes he is on the right side of things and is resisting the temptation of the light side.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
What? You mean you don't like the throw down between Tr-8r and Finn on Takodana?

Oh I know what the problem is, not enough senate politics.
wangus12
AG
quote:
quote:
What? You mean you don't like the throw down between Tr-8r and Finn on Takodana?

Oh I know what the problem is, not enough senate politics.
They really needed to talk things out
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Fight was good. Kylo's was better.
redline248
AG
You like seeing a black man get his back sliced open?

racist
zgood10
AG
Still think one of the best scenes is right before Kylo kills Han... the sun goes out completely mirroring his complete slide to the darkness.
Simplebay
AG
The Collective
AG
I will say this though in friendly company... after seeing TFA at home, I was closer to the feeling TCTTS had just after seeing the movie for the first time in the theater. It is a fun movie, but it could have been more. I know, I know, it was a setup / franchise reintroduction film. Let's just hope after Episode VIII, we can look back on this the same way we look back on Batman Begins.
Rex Racer
AG
That lightsaber duel in the forest is incredible. And watching the feature on how they did it was very cool. Using actual light-up blades has got to be one of the better things they can do now. The glow on objects from the blades doesn't have to be done with CGI anymore. Less work, and it's real.
The Collective
AG
quote:
That lightsaber duel in the forest is incredible.

No doubt. Visually appealing - the work they did on the set was worth it. Musical / force move nostalgia. Driver's best scene in the film for me.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:

Could easily be a coincidence, but that's a hell of a connection.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:

I was actually thinking last night... I wonder if we could pinpoint whose ship this is?
dave94
AG
Wait, is that from her vision? I watched this again the other night but can't remember that exact ship.
M.C. Swag
AG
quote:
quote:

I was actually thinking last night... I wonder if we could pinpoint whose ship this is?
I think it's clearly Luke's but I also think this doesn't tell us much more than we already could have guessed ourselves.
1) Based on Kylo's reaction to hearing about her assisting Finn escape ("What girl?...") I think it was safe to assume she was trained/had some prior connection to Luke as a young child during Kylo's training. (Also the dreams/lightsaber thingy)
2) Doesn't mean he's her father
3) Anyone could be piloting that ship (Han, Leia, Luke, other)

Still a good find though!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Well, it does tell us there's a very good chance Rey's memory was wiped somehow.
M.C. Swag
AG
quote:
Well, it does tell us there's a very good chance Rey's memory was wiped somehow.
Or she simply forgot/too young to remember.

EDIT: And actually, now that I think about it...are we even sure she can't recall her parents or childhood prior to Jakuu? Her memory may not be wiped at all.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Can't remember off top of my head, is that still from her Force vision?
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Can't remember off top of my head, is that still from her Force vision?

Yep
The Collective
AG
Kylo knows who she is and knew she was on Jakku. It almost seems like Kylo had to be the one who dropped her off, right? His reaction, "What girl", seems to give away that information. He either cared about her enough to want to protect her from the Knights of Ren / Snoke or he needed to hide her away from Luke and the resistance until he was ready to train her. Perhaps, he saw her as an apprentice that could help him rule the galaxy.
fig96
AG
quote:
quote:
Or she simply forgot/too young to remember.

EDIT: And actually, now that I think about it...are we even sure she can't recall her parents or childhood prior to Jakuu? Her memory may not be wiped at all.
Well, working from the idea that Luke was possibly her dad, it's certainly possible she had no idea that he was the Luke Skywalker. She's hear stories but appears to think of him as more of a legend than a real person.

I think there are a lot of scenarios where she wouldn't have known the details behind whoever left her behind or why.
dave94
AG
But if he left her on Jaaku then why wouldn't he have tried to find her or anything when they followed Poe there? All that would be too coincidental I think.
The Collective
AG
quote:
But if he left her on Jaaku then why wouldn't he have tried to find her or anything when they followed Poe there? All that would be too coincidental I think.

IDK. I guess that I don't understand why he would immediately be worried about the girl unless he knew who she was and where she was located.
First Page Last Page
Page 411 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.