Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,860,119 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by TCTTS
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Love his beard, and been lifting some weights!
Red Five
AG
quote:
That's the sort of thing in the EU that drives me crazy. Force use for the sake of Force use.
It's also not entirely true. That was a single, limited-use variant of the XJ X-wing called the StealthX. It could absolutely fire proton torpedoes and do anything else a normal X-wing could do, but it became detectable if the pilot did so. They were used exclusively by Jedi specifically because the Jedi didn't need to use radio communications which could be detected and because they could use the force to fire "Shadow Bombs" instead of using the proton torpedoes.

It wasn't Force use sake for the sake of Force use, it was a purely tactical decision.
Ulrich
What he said. I'd say that it's more emblematic of power creep if anything.
InnerCityAg
quote:
quote:
That's the sort of thing in the EU that drives me crazy. Force use for the sake of Force use.
It's also not entirely true. That was a single, limited-use variant of the XJ X-wing called the StealthX. It could absolutely fire proton torpedoes and do anything else a normal X-wing could do, but it became detectable if the pilot did so. They were used exclusively by Jedi specifically because the Jedi didn't need to use radio communications which could be detected and because they could use the force to fire "Shadow Bombs" instead of using the proton torpedoes.

It wasn't Force use sake for the sake of Force use, it was a purely tactical decision.

I don't know what this means. Just give me some good pod racing.
COOL LASER FALCON
Unrelated to current thread, but pretty awesome:

From Olly Moss
TCTTS
AG
^ Love those. These, released this week, are pretty sweet too (and unofficial as well)...

YouBet
AG
Both sets of posters are badass!
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
carrie fisher down 40 lbs for Episode VII

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
She looks good. I mean, not good, but, you know, compared to how she was.
fig96
AG
Don't think this has been posted, here's an amazing bit of Hamill from last weekend.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
It's amazing that out of the three big stars of the original trilogy, he's the one who didn't get jaded about the experience.

The other two basically did whatever they wanted in Hollywood for two decades while he toiled away on tiny projects before finding his niche as a voice actor.

All these years later, I'm so much more excited to see Luke back on screen than Han or Leia, it's not even close.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:

All these years later, I'm so much more excited to see Luke back on screen than Han or Leia, it's not even close.

Me too, and he was always my favorite, which is weird because Han is definitely the strongest character in the movies.
redline248
AG
quote:
quote:

Me too, and he was always my favorite, which is weird because Han is definitely the strongest character in the movies.

Not that weird, Jedi > not Jedi
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS
maca1028
Tyrion Lannister is gonna be in Star Wars?

[This message has been edited by maca1028 (edited 6/10/2014 1:22p).]
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
new "making of" trailer for Battlefront 3. I officially want to go work for Dice in Sweden.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yKv45X_OIo
TCTTS
AG
From Latino Review's now-every-Friday SW round-up (which I missed last week)...

quote:
Here are some fun bullet points that have solidified enough through different channels to be reportable:

- There will be a female villain. Over 50% sure she's a Sith. I'll follow up on this in later weeks.
- Despite having 30 Years after Jedi to set one up, there is NO New Republic at the start of Episode VII.
- Boba-Fett-similar armor is around. Probably not for the man himself. Mandalorians? Clone drama? Still unclear on a plot/character connection.
- John Boyega isn’t a Jedi or a Padawan at the beginning of the movie, he’s the one that has the story arc that brings him into Star Wars’ greater universe. It has echoes of Luke’s arc in A New Hope.

Have it at, speculate away! I’m just as curious about some of those developments as you are.

http://www.latino-review.com/news/s7ar-wars-jjedi-mind-tricks
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Tyrion Lannister is gonna be in Star Wars?

Guessing you probably mean Tywin. I don't really see it.
Farmer1906
AG
Tyrioin is going to be in R2D2.
AliasMan02
AG
I like the idea of no Republic. A fragmented galaxy without central rule is a much better storytelling environment than what we got in the prequels.

I'm sure Leia's role is one of trying to either create the Republic or governing some planet/system/etc.

Luke will obviously be building a Jedi order of some sort.

You have to wonder what Han's role will have been the last 30 years. Legit businessman? Still smuggling?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I'd rather see Luke living out an Obi-Wan existence on Tatooine - maybe frustrated with having to do everything for everyone, or maybe just unable to handle normal life after all that happened to him at such a young age.

Would love to see Han/Leia or some younger folk coming to Tatooine to tell him they need him, echoing what R2D2's mission was in ANH.
AliasMan02
AG
I think I've expressed before that I'd rather see Luke who has been through it all, trying to relearn the Jedi ways on his own, to the Dark Side and back, who has decided that the Skywalkers are bad for the galaxy. Thus he lives in seclusion.

I don't think we will get that, though.

Hamill wasn't in Abu Dhabi for shooting, was he? I wonder if he might be hanging out on Dagobah.
I have to stay away from this friggin thread, but it's like Chris Farley knowing exactly where his donut and coke stash is.
TCTTS
AG
I agree 100% with MuckRaker96 and AliasMan02. As I've said before, I want a Luke in relative seclusion. He doesn't have to be a hermit, but the idea of Luke running some kind of Jedi Academy or whatever has always sounded boring. There needs to be more conflict than that. He needs to be pulled into the action, maybe even somewhat reluctantly.

That said, I think it's safe to say that Luke isn't on Tatooine. Otherwise, there would have been some mention of Hamill being on the Abu Dhabi set over the 3-4 weeks they shot there.
TCTTS
AG
Just had a thought. The only main characters who were in Abu Dhabi (that we know of) were John Boyega and Daisy Ridley. Boyega is apparently the lead/Luke of these movies, and it's a safe bet that Ridley is playing Han & Leia's daughter. Knowing that, there could be some nice parallels between Boyega and Ridley meeting on Tatooine in much the same way Luke and Han met on Tatooine. Or maybe the circumstances of their meeting are somewhat reversed, with Ridley needing Boyega for some reason. And Boyega is basically Han, if Han eventually became a Jedi.

Though, I'm probably completely off base. They could have - and likely - met somewhere else entirely, and arrived on Tatooine together. And having the main character be from Tatooine yet again would be kind of lame.

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 6/10/2014 3:24p).]
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
All I know is I'm happy Tatooine will be a location in the new trilogy.

[This message has been edited by Brian Earl Spilner (edited 6/10/2014 3:21p).]
double aught
AG
The score in that scene is utterly outstanding.

But you guys already knew that.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
That scene and that music ARE Star Wars.
redline248
AG
Not this one?

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
That's one of the better parts of AOTC. Anakin gets to cut loose (pun intended) and see just how powerful the dark side can make him.
Ulrich
His shadow against the wall in that scene looks like Darth Vader.
TCTTS
AG
Simon Pegg may have a small role in Episode VII...

http://badassdigest.com/2014/06/11/simon-peggs-bitter-war-with-star-wars-may-be-over/
PatAg
AG
Based off the past 2 pages, I think we can all agree Brian Spilner needs to never be in a position of power at disney. Taste could not be any worse.
redline248
AG
Will Simon Pegg make his Star Wars debut manning a lonely imperial outpost on Hoth, found by some new Jedi that is exiled and meets Luke?
First Page Last Page
Page 40 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.