Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,700 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by TCTTS
The Collective
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Somehow I hadn't heard about this podcast. Thanks for the heads up, will be checking it out today.

It is legit if you are a music nerd. I did not post it here, because I thought that maybe I saw it on this thread awhile back... but it does not show up in a search, so maybe I saw it elsewhere. I am just now making it to music from TFA. Very, very enjoyable. I apologize for my failure of not bringing it here.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Wow, listening to Part 1 of the TFA shows. This is fantastic. The guys are musicians themselves, seeing as they play parts of it on piano. Very cool insight.
The Collective
AG
quote:
Wow, listening to Part 1 of the TFA shows. This is fantastic. The guys are musicians themselves, seeing as they play parts of it on piano. Very cool insight.

You will like part 2 discussing Rey's theme around the 27-30 min mark. They discuss something that I believe has made Rey's theme familiar for me. You may relate.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Oh ****! Just heard this part and knew this is what you were talking about. Rohan theme, don't know how I never noticed that before. There is so much similarity there.
hunter2012
AG
quote:
Seen on the A&M Basketball board. Had to post it here.

This was my baby, this thread and TFA started my fandom, though I am limiting it to new canon(except for pre episode 1 universe because it might end up being canon anyway).
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
hunter2012
AG
quote:

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
RebAg13
AG
The Han Solo scene would have been way more impactful if we saw Kylo in the falcon to give them more of a father son connection.
Dro07
AG
quote:
The Han Solo scene would have been way more impactful if we saw Kylo in the falcon to give them more of a father son connection.
I remember reading about it and said that it made the sequence disjointed and was cut from it. Will be great to see it after the fact though.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Lol!

Brian Earl Spilner
AG

http://www.starwars.com/this-is-madness
The Collective
AG
Dooku should destroy Kylo.
The Collective
AG
So, thinking ahead to Episode VIII and IX. Is there any chance we re-visit Dagobah and the darkside cave (not sure the actual name) or do you think they stay away from that particular mythos?
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Could be revisited but maybe not on Dagobah... and it may not be fair to deem them darkside. THey may just be a "convergence in the Force" - neutral.
The Collective
AG
Didn't Clone Wars canonize the idea that it is related to the dark side?
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Didn't Clone Wars canonize the idea that it is related to the dark side?

I believe the idea was that it was a well spring for the force. Essentially a spot that has a strong connection to the force.
The Collective
AG
Hmmm. But then, why does Yoda describe it as a domain of evil in ESB? I am interested in this, but it is really glossed over in the movies.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yoda says it's filled with the dark side in ESB, if I remember correctly. I'm sure it's expanded on in the EU.

Either way, doubt it comes back into the story at all. Yoda definitely will, though.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Wait for it...

zgood10
The Collective
AG
I am asking these questions, because I think I caught more of the mythology in ESB than I have ever had when viewing it last week. IDK why. For some reason I was thinking about the argument this place had over the thought of them mentioning a force tree in TFA... remember when that fear was a thing? Well, in retrospect, the idea would not have been crazier than the inclusion of this cave in ESB. I guess this is my fun way of wondering out loud what bit of mythology might sneak into the movies.
jabberwalkie09
AG
I believe that in the old eu now legends, the Jedi and Sith built their temples and shrines over these places that were strong in the force.

It's possible that may continue in new canon as in rebels they kind of hint towards the temple on Lothal being one of those places that's strong in the force. Also, in the old eu I believe it was also said that the Jedi temple on coruscant was built over a Sith temple. It's possible that the location used to be controlled by the Sith back in the Old Republic era.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Can we just take a second to appreciate Mark's insanely awesome beard?

amercer
AG
Finally made it for my second viewing today, and took my dad for his first.

He dragged me along to Empire when I was 3, and Jedi when I was 6.

I'm glad they made such an awesome movie for us to see together.
Brian Earl Spilner
DB Coach
AG
I have not been able to get my dad to the theater to see it with him. I'm hoping I'll be able to get him to my home to watch it in my media room...can't wait for the Blu-ray release! Even my kids are excited. LOL I love it!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
http://www.starwars.com/this-is-madness

Got some good ones going today. Luke and Maul currently winning.

double aught
AG
Is Darth Maul the best thing about the prequels? I'd say so.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Obi-Wan
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Obi-Wan

Hands down. Which is why I think he deserves an anthology film with Ewan as Kenobi.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
TCTTS needs to get his ass in gear.
Chipotlemonger
AG
What has Ewan been up to anyways. Normally I'd think an anthology like that would be far-fetched, but with news of a Han Solo movie, it seems more possible.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I can almost guarantee Lucasfilm has spoken with Ewan, to get him onboard before the script(s) are finished.
Flashdiaz
AG
don't forget Ewan did some lines for The Force Awakens as well.
First Page Last Page
Page 383 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.