Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,692 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by TCTTS
The Collective
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Set the movie after ROTJ as a romcom where Leia takes Han back to the Naboo to meet her real family for the first time.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You mean Alderaan.

Oh wait.
MGS
quote:
Set the movie after ROTJ as a romcom where Leia takes Han back to the Naboo to meet her real family for the first time.
Maybe they can have a picnic and Han can give his opinion about sand. Then Jar-Jar and his grandkids will stop by.
dave94
AG
I want it to start and end like the Doors, with a bearded, drunk Han recording his memoirs via a spoken word poetry album.

"Let's go get some tacos."
Ag Since 83
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
How old was Han when he saved Chewie's life?

How does that coincide with him getting the Falcon, completing the Kessel Run, etc.

If it is an expansive movie, showing years of his life then I think it might be better.

It'd be a little strange, but think of how Forest Gump plays out, if they took that timeline scenerio, and appplied it (and only it) to a Han movie, I could get on board easily. It'd need to stop somewhere around A New Hope I guess... or stop at TFA.
My worry with this is that they'd money-whip Harrison Ford into doing bookend "I remember back in the day..." (cue flashback!) scenes that could be really cheesy.
Movie starts with Han and Ben S. struggling with a lightsaber, slowmo ignite into han.... Han remembers his life, hijinks ensue. End movie with Han falling into a pit.

Post-credits scene of him waking up in the bottom of the pit, using the force to climb out
That's not how the Force works!
Ag Since 83
AG
Also, I'm OK with this as long as it buries George Lucas's stupid idea that was almost in Episode III, where a young Han, being raised by Chewie, meets Yoda on Kashyyyk
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
where a young Han, being raised by Chewie
WTF? This was never an idea, was it?
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
Also, I'm OK with this as long as it buries George Lucas's stupid idea that was almost in Episode III, where a young Han, being raised by Chewie, meets Yoda on Kashyyyk

Lucas
Ag Since 83
AG
quote:
quote:
where a young Han, being raised by Chewie
WTF? This was never an idea, was it?
http://www.denofgeek.us/movies/star-wars/252305/star-wars-the-han-solo-episode-iii-cameo-that-never-was

A horrible idea only one man could think up
The Collective
AG
Holy crap.
redline248
AG
quote:
Chipotlemonger
AG
Thank you, Disney!
Flashdiaz
AG
quote:
so Han is the pet and Chewie is the owner.... ahhh... such irony, such genius.

sand gets everywhere, if you know what I mean and I think you do...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Knew about an appearance by a young Han but had never heard about him being raised by Chewie.

Thank God it didn't happen.
jackie childs
quote:
that sounds so stupid that it almost seems like joke. are you sure that wasn't a family guy episode?
SeattleAgJr
NNNNNNEEEEEEERRRRRDDDDDZZZZZZZZZZ

AgMarauder04
AG
Toy reveal Rogue One spoiler?
hunter2012
AG
quote:
There's also a claim that Vader has a major fight scene, one of the most violent in all the movies. Between Vader and Boba that's about the only 2 bad guys the movie needs. Thes rest of the Empire can stay at home...
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
quote:
There's also a claim that Vader has a major fight scene, one of the most violent in all the movies. Between Vader and Boba that's about the only 2 bad guys the movie needs. Thes rest of the Empire can stay at home...
Well, Boba has never killed anyone that I've seen. Just tracked one guy and got thrown into a pit.

Now Vader is finna waste some fools. I almost bet none of the good guys survive.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Perhaps we will get the explanation for this?

Ag Since 83
AG
It would be awesome if Vader is about to capture a Rebel for interrogation but Fett disintegrates the Rebel first
Ag Since 83
AG
Bah, beat me to it
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
After seeing the hype with the new Civil War trailer, between Marvel and SW, just how much money will Disney make off those franchises in the next 5 years?

They're basically using cheat codes at this point.
CoachRTM
AG
They need to. ESPN is slowly becoming a money pit.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Well, Satan's network (the LHN) certainly is a money pit.
AliasMan02
AG
You can argue that during the Rogue One/Ep IV timeline, Vader is at the height of his power, right? Not his political power, but his martial might. He has crushed the Jedi and, until just before Rogue One, has beaten the rebels at every turn. He commands the 501st, who basically worship him. And no conflict because he doesn't know about Luke.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
After seeing the hype with the new Civil War trailer, between Marvel and SW, just how much money will Disney make off those franchises in the next 5 years?

They're basically using cheat codes at this point.

This is basically Disney.
The Collective
AG
Disney is a cash cow. Now with Star Wars / Marvel, they will corner the market on boys like they have done with girls and Disney princess crap for the past 50 years.
The Collective
AG
I too am excited to see Vader lay waste to some Rebels in Rogue One. This has the potential to be the darkest SW film ever produced. I hope they don't hold back.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Flashdiaz
AG
quote:
I too am excited to see Vader lay waste to some Rebels in Rogue One. This has the potential to be the darkest SW film ever produced. I hope they don't hold back.
dark does not equal good.

Revenge of the Sith was pretty dark:
- beheading with 2 lightsabers
- mother dies (of a broken heart lol)
- Anakin kills a bunch of children
- Anakin gets his legs and arm cut off
- most of the Jedi die
- Empire wins, good guys lose
- sand gets everywhere
jeffk
AG
Anakin catches on fire too, but I'm not sure if that's darkness or levity.
The Collective
AG
I am not saying that it is a guarantee that movie will be better, but I look forward to that tone. I think they can push the boundary a bit more in a film outside of the saga films. Will they? Who knows. I do have quite a bit of trust that Kennedy won't allow a POS to hit the big screen, because there has to be some level of concern that it could hurt Episode VIII.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
And it's the best of the PT.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Anakin catches on fire too, but I'm not sure if that's darkness or levity.
Both.
First Page Last Page
Page 377 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.