Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,902 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by TCTTS
hunter2012
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
I too am excited to see Vader lay waste to some Rebels in Rogue One. This has the potential to be the darkest SW film ever produced. I hope they don't hold back.
dark does not equal good.

Revenge of the Sith was pretty dark:
- beheading with 2 lightsabers
- mother dies (of a broken heart lol)
- Anakin kills a bunch of children
- Anakin gets his legs and arm cut off
- most of the Jedi die
- Empire wins, good guys lose
- sand gets everywhere

Dark does NOT not equal good

The Empire Strikes back was the darkest of the originals and many consider it the best Star Wars movie period:
-Hoth base destroyed with many rebels killed
-Luke dismembers a Wampa
-Han and Leia captured and Han tortured
-C3PO blown up
-Han gets frozen in Carbonite and given over to Boba Fett
-Luke gets his hand cut off and finds out his main adversary is his father

Point being it depends on the story...
Urban Ag
AG
Exactly. Empire was the darkest of them all. Even though there was plenty of carnage in ROTS, it still felt to sterile, at least to me. The scene where Han is tortured, while not gory, freaked me out as a kid and still remains a somewhat disturbing image. Vader's pure unabated ruthlessness in ANH and ESB made both movies. Would love to see that again.
The Collective
AG
So, I wasn't trying to start another "let's hate on the prequels" discussion. I just said that Rogue One could be a dark film, and that has the potential to be badass since Vader will most likely be in the film. You can go about your business. Move along.
Urban Ag
AG
I don't hate the prequels and Lucas didn't destroy my childhood. I swear.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Starting to think we don't get a Rogue One teaser until Civil War. But that'd be a great movie to attach it to.
SeattleAgJr
quote:
Starting to think we don't get a Rogue One teaser until Civil War. But that'd be a great movie to attach it to.
I would put money on attaching it to The Jungle Book (mid April) to drive eyes to that showing.

Civil War will sell a ****ton of tickets on its own.
Flashdiaz
AG
quote:
Exactly. Empire was the darkest of them all. Even though there was plenty of carnage in ROTS, it still felt to sterile, at least to me. The scene where Han is tortured, while not gory, freaked me out as a kid and still remains a somewhat disturbing image. Vader's pure unabated ruthlessness in ANH and ESB made both movies. Would love to see that again.
I always like it when Darth Vader moved in closer to get a better look at Han suffering.
M.C. Swag
AG
quote:
quote:
I would put money on attaching it to The Jungle Book (mid April) to drive eyes to that showing.

Civil War will sell a ****ton of tickets on its own.
jabberwalkie09
AG
If they are in front of Civil War I think it comes out on the Star Wars YouTube channel before then, like the trailers that were attached to TFA came out a little ahead of the film itself that were attached to the front of the film were put on YouTube.
The Collective
AG
Meh. I'm not going to see the Jungle Book just to see a Rogue One trailer on the big screen.
SeattleAgJr
quote:
quote:

Because they will want to drive eyes to the Jungle Book which will be a harder sell than Civil War.

They can have the Doc Strange preview tied to Civil Warm but even that is doubtful (hoping) there is a teaser near tied to the end of the film.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That practice of using trailers to drive crowds to movies is obsolete now with youtube.

They might attach it to it but I doubt it would be for that reason.

On the other hand, they get guaranteed eyeballs attaching it to Civil War.
The Collective
AG
Do you think the trailer will clearly set the timeline for Rogue One?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Start the trailer with Vader breathing. That will tell the audience all they need to know.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Meh. I'm not going to see the Jungle Book just to see a Rogue One trailer on the big screen.
Same. I don't give a **** about Jungle Book, and putting a trailer for R1 in front of that isn't gong to drive me to see it.
TCTTS
AG
I think they wait and put the trailer with Civil War. Jungle Book is only 10 days after The Force Awakens Blu-ray release, and they're going to want to let that one breathe. Besides, Disney will probably put a couple of their more kid-friendly trailers with Jungle Book, like Alice Through the Looking Glass and The BFG. Neither of those have full trailers yet, and that feels like the perfect time for both. My bet is Disney saves the teaser trailers for both Rogue One and Doctor Strange for Civil War. We got a new trailer for TFA last year in early May with Avengers 2, and Disney will likely stick with that same formula here.
The Collective
AG
Makes sense. Use SW & Marvel to cross-promote each franchise.
TCTTS
AG
Exactly. That's probably how it's going to be for the next five years or so.
TCTTS
AG
http://www.latino-review.com/news/prepare-for-endless-star-wars-and-meet-rogue-ones-droid-sidekick
hunter2012
AG
quote:
http://www.latino-review.com/news/prepare-for-endless-star-wars-and-meet-rogue-ones-droid-sidekick

They should use Chopper from Rebels.
The Collective
AG
quote:

Perhaps Chopper is about to meet his demise.
amercer
AG
Mace Windu wandering the galaxy like Caine in Kung Fu?

**** yes!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
What you mean walk the Tatooine?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Cannot wait for this blu-ray.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
quote:
Toy reveal Rogue One spoiler?
Perhaps we will get the explanation for this?

I actually like that this is still a mystery.... Why try to explain everything? That is so #Lucas... <cough>midichlorians</cough>
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
apparently both Abrams and Ridley made statements refuting the Rey related to Solo/Leia theory...

http://www.hitfix.com/the-dartboard/star-wars-jj-abrams-reveals-the-truth-about-one-of-the-biggest-force-awakens-questions-fandemonium

JAggie2007
AG
quote:
apparently both Abrams and Ridley made statements refuting the Rey related to Solo/Leia theory...

http://www.hitfix.com/the-dartboard/star-wars-jj-abrams-reveals-the-truth-about-one-of-the-biggest-force-awakens-questions-fandemonium

Well they're probably still related, just as aunt and niece.
SeattleAgJr
Those are just "takes" on the relationship. "I do not think" type comments.
Nowhere does anyone say ASBSOLUTELY NOT related.

I am still going with she is Luke's spawn.
TCTTS
AG
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/john-boyega-visits-childrens-hospital-875106
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Awesome.
wangus12
AG
If I were an actor, I would love doing this. Hell I'd try and do it as often as possible. Kids are amazing.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Voting is open.

http://www.starwars.com/this-is-madness

Duncan Idaho
quote:
quote:

Chopper is the best character introduced since empire.
TCTTS
AG
Of course a site has been created specifically dedicated to the filming in one location of Episode VIII. Nevertheless, pages and pages of really cool pics from the set...

http://www.starwarsdubrovnik.com
First Page Last Page
Page 378 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.