Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,667 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by TCTTS
FancyKetchup14
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm way more excited for what del Toro brings to the table. Curious to see how his character ends up.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
I'm way more excited for what del Toro brings to the table. Curious to see how his character ends up.
Just keep in mind it will be brief whatever it is. Luke, Rey, Finn, Poe, Snoke, Kylo... that's 6 characters that are begging for as much screen time as possible. Everybody else is going to be limited. Let's just hope that some of them are used more efficiently with the little screen time they are given *cough* Phasma *cough*
SeattleAgJr
quote:
quote:
Just keep in mind it will be brief whatever it is. Luke, Rey, Finn, Poe, Snoke, Kylo... that's 6 characters that are begging for as much screen time as possible. Everybody else is going to be limited. Let's just hope that some of them are used more efficiently with the little screen time they are given *cough* Phasma *cough*
SO what are the bets that they will more/less copy Empire Strikes Back like they copied Ep4?

I look forward to the sequence of Rey running through the forest/jungle with Luke on her back.
An Ag in CO
AG
quote:
"Ok, right now everyone on the internet is talking about Deadpool and the new GoT teaser. Right now would be a great time to steal their thunder."
In a sign that all is right in the world, thunder was not stolen. It's neat-o they can prove they're filming, but everyone knows this is too early to take anything away from more immediate escapist entertainment.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
quote:

I don't think we'll see much of Snoke, if any. I think Poe and Finn will be paired up and on the run from Phasma and Huxley, or maybe just Phasma if she goes rogue to go after them. I think Kylo and his knights will be hunting Luke and Rey.
redline248
AG
Why does everyone assume Phasma survived?
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Why does everyone assume Phasma survived?

Because she was a late add to Ep VII at the request of Rian Johnson.
TCTTS
AG
She's been 100% confirmed to return via Kathleen Kennedy.
redline248
AG
Well I did not know that
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Because she's one of the few female characters in the SW Universe. Killing her off (and offscreen no less) would be, to quote Archer, like killing a unicorn.

redline248
AG
Excellent reference!
dave99ag
AG
I'd kill for an Star Wars themed Archer episode!
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
SO what are the bets that they will more/less copy Empire Strikes Back like they copied Ep4?

I look forward to the sequence of Rey running through the forest/jungle with Luke on her back.

It's original ideas like these that power the Internet itself.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Of course!

redline248
AG
hahaha
SwigAg11
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Lego Star Wars has released its first "Rise of the Resistance" short featuring Poe, BB8, C3PO, everyone's favorite Mon Cal, Captain Phasma and a fantastic Kylo Ren cameo.

jr15aggie
AG
Couple mental notes I took away from the book (there wasn't much in the book that wasn't in the movie):

1. At one point Kylo Ren makes a Rey reference saying something to the effect "it's really you". Snoke, at one point, also speaks about Rey in a way that makes you think he knows of her as well. It's all very subtle in a deliberate sort of way... you know, so they can go either way with it for episode VIII. But pretty sure Ren & Snoke know who she is.

2. When Han & Leia are talking about their son they make references that they knew, or rather Leia always knew he was pulled by the Dark Side. They sent him to Luke hoping to turn him away from that path but it didn't work. Leia also mentioned she knew that Snoke had been watching & manipulating Ben from the shadows since he was born.

3. When Rey defeats Kylo and before the ground opens up she hears "Kill Him" in her head. It says she knows it's from the Dark Side and quickly pushes away the thought. No doubt it was Snoke.
The Collective
AG
quote:
3. When Rey defeats Kylo and before the ground opens up she hears "Kill Him" in her head. It says she knows it's from the Dark Side and quickly pushes away the thought. No doubt it was Snoke.

Ren almost Dooku'd?
jeffk
AG
quote:
2. When Han & Leia are talking about their son they make references that they knew, or rather Leia always knew he was pulled by the Dark Side. They sent him to Luke hoping to turn him away from that path but it didn't work. Leia also mentioned she knew that Snoke had been watching & manipulating Ben from the shadows since he was born.

He watched too much Caillou as a child.
The Collective
AG
quote:

Indeed the path to the dark side.
Flashdiaz
AG
quote:
quote:

I hate Caillou so much... I wish somebody would strike him down.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
From the novelization of Rey's Story - apparently for a long time they talked about having her not just appear in Cloud City in the flashback, but actually witnessing Vader vs. Luke.

On page 99 to 100 of the book we have the flash back reiterated with the missing sequence described here:
quote:
As she peered into the distance, she saw a man in black wielding a red Lightsaber. His face was covered with a mask, molded to approximate a human face. But the mask's eyes were dead and empty. The man's red Lightsaber clashed against a brilliant beam of blue. A young man with blond hair raised his own Lightsaber and fought furiously against the monster in black.
It also calls the the man killed by Kylo Ren in the flash back a hero:
quote:
Before she knew it, more images flashed through her mind: a hero stabbed by a fiery blade, a battlefield filled with soldiers, a blue and- white droid beside a lost Jedi.

AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

KILL IT WITH FIRE
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

KILL IT WITH FIRE

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Pretty cool.

Knife_Party
I wonder if the big announcement is him retiring from filming due to his medical condition.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Seems to be the most common theory.

That, or Chewie will be in the Han Solo movie?
MGS
He's retiring and Harrison Ford will be in the Chewie suit for Episode VIII.
The Collective
AG
quote:
The Star Wars
jabberwalkie09
AG
http://io9.gizmodo.com/an-original-film-print-of-star-wars-has-been-restored-a-1759904328

Mother of God..... I might have to go looking for this.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

days until Rogue One.
redline248
AG
quote:

IrishAg
quote:
http://io9.gizmodo.com/an-original-film-print-of-star-wars-has-been-restored-a-1759904328

Mother of God..... I might have to go looking for this.

I should have a chance to watch this tomorrow, I'll report back with my thoughts, since I have a good original print rip from the early laserdisc to compare it to.
First Page Last Page
Page 367 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.