Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,473 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by TCTTS
redline248
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
What if they have an army of cloned Lukes.

Bc they found his arm!
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
quote:
What if they have an army of cloned Lukes.

Bc they found his arm!

Just like the old gypsy woman said!
Stunt Double
What if all the Knights of Ren are the other Luke clones
dave94
AG
I thought it was just that they could go back to using clones and eliminate the possibility of free thought. I'm sure Kimino is still around.
The Collective
AG
This is a facebook level post, but oh well...

My 4 year old is playing with stickers this morning and picks a Kylo Ren one up and asks, "What's this bad guy's name? Is it Kyler Murray?"
AliasMan02
AG
quote:

My 4 year old is playing with stickers this morning and picks a Kylo Ren one up and asks, "What's this bad guy's name? Is it Kyler Murray?"

Yes, child. Yes it is.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:

Can we officially start calling Kyler - Kyler Ren? Because I support that fully.

boogieman
AG
CHANGE APPROVED!
Tanya 93
quote:
I think that's the most I've ever enjoyed a Tanya post.
I thought everyone liked the BSC moms.
amercer
AG
http://news.yahoo.com/next-star-wars-filmed-croatias-dubrovnik-170017248.html

What planet would this be?
AliasMan02
AG
Nothing in the existing canon comes to mind. Not a terrible place for an ancient Jedi temple or something like that.
Slicer97
AG
Btw, when's the next chapter.
RebAg13
AG
New teaser on Star Wars YouTube!!
The Collective
AG
Ag Since 83
The Collective
AG
My reaction
wangus12
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
you would have thought they would have shot what they needed on that island when they were there for episode 7...no???

it was speculated they had done that.....and/or that some stuff possibly cut from that would be used in episode 8.

it's not like they weren't sure if they would have an episode 8. only explanation is rewrites i guess.

oh well. just means a bigger budget i suppose.
Ag Since 83
AG
I do think it'll be weird if that's the first moment in the movie after the crawl, just because we are used to them panning from the crawl to some sort of ship in space
Ag Since 83
AG
Did I miss this? Did we know about Laura Dern?

http://www.theforce.net/v3-story/frontSTAR_WARS_EPISODE_VIII_NOW_FILMING_167918.asp
quote:
New cast members will include Academy Award winner Benicio Del Toro, Academy Award nominee Laura Dern, and talented newcomer Kelly Marie Tran.
Edit: Might as well get the rumor started and point out she's 25 years older than Daisy Ridley...
wangus12
AG
quote:
I do think it'll be weird if that's the first moment in the movie after the crawl, just because we are used to them panning from the crawl to some sort of ship in space
I imagine it still will. I don't think we will open with Rey and Luke, as much as we'd like it to.
The Collective
AG
quote:

First time I have seen it...
The Collective
AG
Perhaps they have added a flashback to the island and wanted to put a little more detail there. I can't imagine the movie will pick up right after Episode VII.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
I'm sure this was posted awhile back, but I'm too lazy to check.

All that did was remind me of how horrible those were. I mean even when you try to edit then down, they still suck.
TCTTS
AG
As cool as that video is, that Skellig Michael Island footage was shot last fall. It's kind of misleading, but I guess it doesn't really matter. They're currently shooting at Pinewood in London right now.

As for why they didn't just shoot those scenes when they shot TFA, it's a contractual thing. If the movies were filming back-to-back/simultaneously, ala The Lord of the Rings or The Matrix sequels, they could knock it all out at once. But since VII and VIII are two separate productions, the actors can't film scenes for one while filming scenes for the other. That, and the script for VIII wasn't complete when the island scene for VII was originally filmed.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That video.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

This is how this post came across.
TCTTS
AG
How dare you. My pony tale is longer than that.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This seems so much more appropriate now.

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:

http://i.imgur.com/yyFj8Cy.jpg

THAT'S AWESOME!!!!

if she is Rey's Mom and Luke's side piece (wife?) that would make that extremely prophetic AND an amazing coincidence too.

Ag Since 83
AG
quote:

http://i.imgur.com/yyFj8Cy.jpg
If it turns out to be true...mind blown
AliasMan02
AG
quote:

http://www.theforce.net/v3-story/frontSTAR_WARS_EPISODE_VIII_NOW_FILMING_167918.asp
quote:
New cast members will include Academy Award winner Benicio Del Toro, Academy Award nominee Laura Dern, and talented newcomer Kelly Marie Tran.
Edit: Might as well get the rumor started and point out she's 25 years older than Daisy Ridley...

According to our Kenobi movie planning/speculating, Rey's mother should be around 46 during TFA or 47 when Ep VIII picks up a year later (speculation). Dern is 47.
Flashdiaz
AG
quote:
you would have thought they would have shot what they needed on that island when they were there for episode 7...no???

it was speculated they had done that.....and/or that some stuff possibly cut from that would be used in episode 8.

it's not like they weren't sure if they would have an episode 8. only explanation is rewrites i guess.

oh well. just means a bigger budget i suppose.

different director, different movie.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I seriously think the Star Wars marketing guys are huge trolls. They probably have people whose job it is to figure out when to drop these videos.

"Ok, right now everyone on the internet is talking about Deadpool and the new GoT teaser. Right now would be a great time to steal their thunder."
The Collective
AG
quote:
"Ok, right now everyone on the internet is talking about Deadpool and the new GoT teaser. Right now would be a great time to steal their thunder."

Definitely not an accident.
First Page Last Page
Page 366 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.