Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,282 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by TCTTS
Ag Since 83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I don't think I read Outbound Flight until a few years ago (Phantom Menace put me in a bit of Star Wars avoidance for a while, so I fell way behind in the EU - I finally finished NJO last summer, and am debating going further into the future), and I loved how Zahn managed to write his own prequel that tied Thrawn, Car'das, Palpatine, the Vong, etc. together.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Damn, I don't think I read Outbound Flight... But just about every other novel there is (except the fate of the Jedi series (I think that's what it's called) where Ben and Luke go planet hopping through the unknown regions while Admiral Daala is in charge of the Republic... I read the first book only
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Outbound Flight is so-so, it has a few good moments, but otherwise is sort of an expansion of a few throwaay lines in the Heir to the Empire books that would have made a better short story than a novel.

Fate of the Jedi is god awful, it's the only SW series I ever gave up on.
CapCityAg89
AG
Ok. I final got through ROTJ with my girls tonight (requirement to go see TFA) and m taking them to see it tomorrow. This is my second viewing.

Without wading through 1000s of posts on the two threads. What should I look for in a second screening?
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
What should I look for in a second screening?
You'll notice the music more.
The Debt
Am I the only one who liked the jedi academy trilogy on yavin?
redline248
AG
Is that the one with Kip as a kid? I liked those

Edit: Although, I really only remember a little about them.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
liked the idea of the Jedi Academy books - Luke recruiting people from all over; but didn't like the execution - there's a Force Ghost! Luke is out of commission! There's a weapon EVEN MORE POWERFUL THAN THE DEATH STAR! Han finds a kid who is maybe as strong as luke!
Ag Since 83
AG
I liked the academy trilogy as a teenager, but tried to reread them a couple years ago and didn't think they aged well. The writing style seemed too juvenile, and in hindsight I agree some of the ideas like the Sun Crusher were too big. Also, post-prequels that machine that shows how powerful in the Force someone is reminds me of midichlorians.

Anyway, when I tried to reread it I don't even know if Han had made it out of Kessel before I stopped.

The movies should go to Kessel, though
The Debt
I think bsg borrowed the cylon base in the finale from the maw installation. Nestled in the gravitational equilibrium of multiple black holes.
whiskey02
AG
Is this legit or fan art?

Either way it is awesome.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Pretty sure that is a fanmade trailer. Vader on the Star Destroyer bridge is straight from end of ROTS. It seems like someone tried to recreate the dialogue from the trailer that was shown at Celebration in Anaheim, which is the only official/unofficial bootlegged trailer that has been put out. Hell, about the only official promotional stuff that has been put out about Rogue One is the cast photo.
hunter2012
AG
Boba Fett to be in Rogue One?
jabberwalkie09
AG
It's been rumored for awhile that he might be. Given the setting, perhaps we will find out why Vader said "No disintegration" in ESB?
SwigAg11
AG
quote:
It's been rumored for awhile that he might be. Given the setting, perhaps we will find out why Vader said "No disintegration" in ESB?

But we all know he really disintegrated Owen and Beru.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Found on reddit. Cool af.

GCRanger
AG
Is that daft punk behind luke?
Phat32
AG
2nd viewing last night - caught lots of foreshadowing with Rey that I didn't in the first viewing.
MandoArms
quote:
Boba Fett to be in Rogue One?

I bet, if he does appear in this movie, they try and bring out his good side in this movie. Or at a minimum try to show him as more of a neutral character. I bet he has the chance to kill Felicity Jones and doesn't. Later he will claim he disintegrated her...thus explaining Vader's line to him in ESB, "No disintegrations this time."
jabberwalkie09
AG
If Tron and Star Wars had a ******* love child.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The Collective
AG
I downloaded the despecialized version of Star Wars a few weeks ago and finally got around to burning it on a DVD last night. I popped it into my DVD player this morning to confirm it worked as expected. My kids were both awake, so they settled onto the couch to see what I was putting on the TV. First ship appears on screen, my 2 year old daughter goes, "whoa". Star destroyer appears, she stands up on the couch and goes "WHOA" with this huge grin on her face.

I was astounded by the quality of the video. I will now download the other 2. Really great work.
512Ag
AG
I think I'll have to go download that and burn it.

Watching my kids fall in love with Star Wars has been one of the joys of the past year for me. My daughter is absolutely Rey crazy, or cReyzy, as I call it. Her room has gone from all princesses and Barbies to all Leia and Rey (and Barbie...one step at a time). My older son loves all things Dark Side, which is hilarious because he's a pretty sweet and gentle little boy. It's just a lot of fun.
dave99ag
AG
My wife and I are adopting a newborn due in March and I can't wait to introduce him to Star Wars! I was very close to making a Star Wars room for the nursery.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Lot of buzz about a Rogue One Super Bowl teaser.

If it happens, I called it months ago.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Luke
InnerCityAg
Luuke
dave99ag
AG
Well his middle name is Harrison.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
Lot of buzz about a Rogue One Super Bowl teaser.

If it happens, I called it months ago.
They made Episode VII in 2015, I called that in 1983.
wangus12
AG
Damn

redline248
AG
That's actually really interesting. I would lean towards no, just bc I think it was supposed to be apparent Kylo killed him.
jeffk
AG
That's some Snape-Dumbledore level intrigue, man.
Flashdiaz
AG
quote:
I don't know what this means.
AliasMan02
AG
I feel like the buzz of Star Wars had finally subsided, which means a Rogue One trailer is surely around the corner. Right?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:
I don't know what this means.

Harry Potter....i guess you must have never read it or seen it???

Dumbledore, the beloved grand old wizard, was killed by Snape who everyone thought was evil.

But it is later revealed that Dumbledore was dying and arranged for Snape to kill him so that Snape would be accepted by Voldemort into the Death Eaters (think dark side). It was part of the plan to bring down Voldemort.
First Page Last Page
Page 363 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.