Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,885 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Seems risky to start filming right away before the theatrical run of TFA is even over. Hasn't even crossed $2B. Hope this does well
TCTTS
AG
Risky? What do you mean by that?
hunter2012
AG
Episode IX will be shot in film

Consequently anyone in the DFW area that hasn't seen it at the FW Omnimax should see it. I enjoyed it greatly.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:

Consequently anyone in the DFW area that hasn't seen it at the FW Omnimax should see it. I enjoyed it greatly.

This is fantastic news
Rex Racer
AG
quote:

Sarcasm.
AgMarauder04
AG
Why is that good?
AggieSouth06
quote:

Was hoping for claymation.
Sex Panther
AG
quote:
Why is that good?

Because it looks better
jabberwalkie09
AG
This is possibly the biggest cameo rumor for Rebels season 3, Thrawn. In addition, other rumors are that Ezra will likely get a small redesign with shorter hair, a new lightsaber, and a move in the timeline closer to ANH.

http://makingstarwars.net/2016/01/rumor-the-largest-cameo-in-star-wars-rebels-chistory/
SwigAg11
AG
I would start watching Rebels if Thrawn actually shows up.
Ag Since 83
AG
I want to believe....but....
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
I want to believe....but....
Well, MSW knew about Sam Witwer voicing Palpatine in Rebels before it was reported IIRC, and also knew who Fulcrum and Tseebo before those episodes even aired.

And for those that weren't aware, the original concept art for Agent Kallus had him as a Chiss.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
quote:

Sarcasm.
This.
The Collective
AG
Spoiler
jabberwalkie09
AG
A rumor is a spoiler? Or is it a spoiler because it is a rumor from MSW?
The Collective
AG
quote:
Or is it a spoiler because it is a rumor from MSW?

I think so. I'm almost forced to believe it coming from them. I think it makes sense too. I wasn't a huge EU guy, but even I know quite a bit about Thrawn.

This would signal another great move by Disney for me.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Well, introducing Thrawn or any character that is the leader of a fleet/task force would make a multitude of sense I think. The series is making a point to show the rebels building a fleet now. The rebellion is growing. We just need to have it all come together as one cohesive force by the end.

I'm anticipating that we will have a cameo by Ackbar at some point, likely next season if Thrawn shows up.
AgMarauder04
AG
He;s gotta just be a what? Captain? Vice-Admiral?

I thought he would still be in the Unknown Regions. Of course, they can bring in his character without his EU history.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Seems like a great time for some awesome Thrawn art.

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Is Jorus C'baoth gonna have to choke a Chiss?

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
If anyone can tell me what's going on here and what book it's from (and it's totally real, I assure you) without looking it up first, I will award you with a Life Day present and take you on as my Star Wars EU, I mean "Legends", apprentice.

Ag Since 83
AG
jeffk
AG
Why is Nightcrawler captaining a star destroyer?
tamusc
AG
quote:
If anyone can tell me what's going on here and what book it's from (and it's totally real, I assure you) without looking it up first, I will award you with a Life Day present and take you on as my Star Wars EU, I mean "Legends", apprentice.

Thrawn disguising himself as the bounty hunter Jodo Kast, but I don't remember which book.
Flashdiaz
AG
quote:
It's not Nightcrawler, it's Dr. Manhattan with clothes on.
jeffk
AG
quote:
quote:
It's not Nightcrawler, it's Dr. Manhattan with clothes on.

Thank heavens the Empire is more strict on dress codes.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
quote:

Thrawn disguising himself as the bounty hunter Jodo Kast, but I don't remember which book.
well played! It's from Tales of the New Republic, a book that by and large sucked, and feels a lot like Timothy Zahn just said, Uh Thrawn dressed up like Mandalorian for some purpose, the end.
InnerCityAg
quote:
quote:
quote:

well played! It's from Tales of the New Republic, a book that by and large sucked, and feels a lot like Timothy Zahn just said, Uh Thrawn dressed up like Mandalorian for some purpose, the end.

Wow, thats a ****ty concept. I'm glad Disney dropped all the EU crap. Those stories are so stupid. I mean cone on.... Luuke? LOL.

Jorus
Joruus?

And thats all from their best trilogy.
InnerCityAg
And WTF is Darth Vader standing there?

1. Isn't he dead
2. Can't he just go **** a ***** up without having to resort to some smurf dude dressing up as Boba Fett? Who in turn is also a ***** for being slapped into a sand vag?
double aught
AG
EU
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:

Jorus C'Baoth would never do such a thing!

Now Joruus C'Baoth is a totally different story
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
quote:

Tales of the Bounty Hunters? Or Tales of the Empire...
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Check again... it was Tales of the Empire... you made me look twice though...
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Side_Trip
InnerCityAg
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Check again... it was Tales of the Empire... you made me look twice though...
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Side_Trip

Oh, no you didn't
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
quote:

Jorus C'Baoth would never do such a thing!

Now Joruus C'Baoth is a totally different story
Warning -mega nerd stuff coming.

That actually is the original Jorus C'Baoth choking Thrawn from the novel Outbound Flight, in which Thrawn is still with the Chiss Ascendancy and comes across the Trade Federation fleet which is waiting to ambush Outbound Flight, spearheaded by the original C'Baoth. Thrawn whips the TF, spares Kinman Doriana, he's the other guy in that artwork, and is introduced to Darth Sidious by Doriana. Sidious convinces Thrawn that Outbound Flight is going to blunder its way right into Yuzhan Vong territory and start a total wipe-out of the known galaxy in the process. Thrawn ultimately agrees and tells C'Baoth to turn it around or bite the dust. When the Jedi Master refuses and goes full-on dark side choke mode, Thrawn activates bombs on board the Outbound Flight and kills everyone; setting him up to find the Yslamiri solution on "how to keep my force-wielding allies from choking me out in later alliances"

First Page Last Page
Page 362 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.