Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,082 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by TCTTS
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I like the Han / Kylo theory, but I think it's reaching a bit. We are always looking for the super twist when the reality is already there in black and white.
wangus12
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
That's some Snape-Dumbledore level intrigue, man.
I don't know what this means.

Harry Potter....i guess you must have never read it or seen it???

Dumbledore, the beloved grand old wizard, was killed by Snape who everyone thought was evil.

But it is later revealed that Dumbledore was dying and arranged for Snape to kill him so that Snape would be accepted by Voldemort into the Death Eaters (think dark side). It was part of the plan to bring down Voldemort.
Also to save Malfoy's soul from killing
COOL LASER FALCON
I think I'm all in on that Han theory. There was something very intentionally awkward about Han's hands and Kylo's reaction to that moment.
Flashdiaz
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
That's some Snape-Dumbledore level intrigue, man.
I don't know what this means.

Harry Potter....i guess you must have never read it or seen it???

Dumbledore, the beloved grand old wizard, was killed by Snape who everyone thought was evil.

But it is later revealed that Dumbledore was dying and arranged for Snape to kill him so that Snape would be accepted by Voldemort into the Death Eaters (think dark side). It was part of the plan to bring down Voldemort.
no I haven't seen it.... I guess I don't need to now since you ruined it!!!

jk.
512Ag
AG
I like that Han theory a lot, but you may be right. Chances are it's all right there in black and white. But now I have an excuse to go see it again -- to pay extra super-close attention to that scene. Just to be sure.
Knife_Party
The Han theory is bunk. They both touch the lightsaber, yes, but Han thinks he's being handed it. Once he realizes that Ben isn't letting go they do in fact start to struggle...it's almost like the person that wrote that hasn't even seen the movie.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
That seems like over-thought nonsense to me. "Helping" Kylo commit murder would seem to push him even further down the path of the dark side. What I saw there was Kylo luring Han close in order to prove to himself that he could look his father point blank in the eye and still kill him.

Plus, by all accounts Kylo has already betrayed Luke and the other Jedi to some extent, resulting in the murder of all but 1 (or 2 if Rey is someone else) in the universe. I think the original author of that theory is mirroring Obi-Wan sacrificing himself to Vader too much.

Here's a fun one for you - say Chewie goes down stairs and Han stays upstairs. I'd take Chewie at even money vs. Kylo Ren in a fight on that narrow ass bridge. WOOKIEE RAGE
SpreadsheetAg
AG
I like the theory, but just because it at least casts some doubt on the linear destiny of Kylo.
Flashdiaz
AG
quote:
That seems like over-thought nonsense to me. "Helping" Kylo commit murder would seem to push him even further down the path of the dark side. What I saw there was Kylo luring Han close in order to prove to himself that he could look his father point blank in the eye and still kill him.

Plus, by all accounts Kylo has already betrayed Luke and the other Jedi to some extent, resulting in the murder of all but 1 (or 2 if Rey is someone else) in the universe. I think the original author of that theory is mirroring Obi-Wan sacrificing himself to Vader too much.

Here's a fun one for you - say Chewie goes down stairs and Han stays upstairs. I'd take Chewie at even money vs. Kylo Ren in a fight on that narrow ass bridge. WOOKIEE RAGE
Chewie would not have gone out on that bridge... that's part of the sad part with Han is that Han was done and could have easily escaped, instead, he chose to face his son knowing that he would be captured (at least) as a result.
hunter2012
AG
I blame leia for han's death, Han wrote Ben off and he was correct in doing so. She told him to go confront Ben and he wouldn't have gone otherwise.

also it will be very difficult to redeem the man that killed Han from the fan's perspective.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
I blame leia for han's death, Han wrote Ben off and he was correct in doing so. She told him to go confront Ben and he wouldn't have gone otherwise.

also it will be very difficult to redeem the man that killed Han from the fan's perspective.
This. I hope they don't redeem him.
Flashdiaz
AG
quote:
quote:

and he's going to finish his training so he's going to be ruthless and hated.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

and he's going to finish his training so he's going to be ruthless and hated.

Hope so. We need a real villain.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
Anyone else hoping Yoda makes an appearance? I don't care if it's just a small cameo of Force Ghost Yoda speaking with Luke, that would be enough for me.
http://makingstarwars.net/2016/02/yoda-was-planned-for-star-wars-the-force-awakens/

Somebody get BES on suicide watch.
Urban Ag
AG
In the novelization it specifically states that Kylo ignites the lightsaber

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You mean there's new audio of Yoda? How is this bad news?

I'd bet dollars to donuts he's in 8 or 9.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://instagr.am/p/BBZrkFMlEyp
AgMarauder04
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Someone needs to put the Rocky theme over that clip, and/or change it to Yoda's voice saying "good".
TCTTS
AG
https://instagr.am/p/BBa09vwDpko
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
maca1028
No Rogue One tonight?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
No Rogue One tonight?

Nope. Disney used their spot for Jungle Book live action version with talking animals. Bleh.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
quote:
No Rogue One tonight?

Nope. Disney used their spot for Jungle Book live action version with talking animals. Bleh.
I am actually excited about Jungle Book.
The Collective
AG
Way too early to start that level of hype for Rogue One. They can create that outside of the SB anyway.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Eh I don't know about that. I think they are geared for CAP 3 right now, and I really don't care about jungle book.

The problem with them doing basically nothing is that almost no one outside of die hard fans know that this film is coming. I too was a little surprised that they didn't at least have a teaser.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
They should announce the last week of TFA with a special 5-minute preview of Rogue One, only in theaters. If you don't go see it, you have to wait a few weeks for the thing to be online.

Could be the crux to get it over $1B domestic.
The Collective
AG
I have decided to let my son see TFA. But, I'm holding out to see if they release a Rogue One trailer. I'm probably going to screw around and miss taking him altogether.
Ag Since 83
AG
I think it's a bit early for a 5 minute preview, but a teaser wouldn't be out of the question.

As for the "nobody but the die hards know about this movie"....it's 10 months away. You've got the possibility of a teaser with TFA between now and April (or maybe May the Fourth), a definite teaser coming out of Celebration in July, and then probably one more trailer in the fall, plus the inevitable toy blitz. I don't think they are too worried about movie awareness at this point.
The Collective
AG
I'm sure Rogue One will be a fun watch, but part of me has secretly hoped for its failure. I think that I am hoping that it will crash the Han Solo movie, so nobody else ever gets to be that character.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
I'm sure Rogue One will be a fun watch, but part of me has secretly hoped for its failure.

Vote it down!.
The Collective
AG
I tried to choose my words wisely.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
I'm sure Rogue One will be a fun watch, but part of me has secretly hoped for its failure. I think that I am hoping that it will crash the Han Solo movie, so nobody else ever gets to be that character.

Wouldnt that be like saying, "If Star Trek, TNG is bad, they'll cancel DS9?" I mean, they aren't sequels. Just in the same universe.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
I tried to choose my words wisely.

No worries, I understand your point of view
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
I think it's a bit early for a 5 minute preview, but a teaser wouldn't be out of the question.

As for the "nobody but the die hards know about this movie"....it's 10 months away. You've got the possibility of a teaser with TFA between now and April (or maybe May the Fourth), a definite teaser coming out of Celebration in July, and then probably one more trailer in the fall, plus the inevitable toy blitz. I don't think they are too worried about movie awareness at this point.
my vision of a 5-minute preview would be probably 4:15 of interviews with the director, footage of ANH showing what the movie is about, as well as a "introducing the Rogues" part with the actors/actresses saying a bit about their characters; then driving it forward with 45 seconds of footage - Xwings in action, laser blasts, a couple of shots of the Death Star itself, maybe even a big shot of it test firing, and then the lights go out, someone says "What was that?" and then VADER BREATHING - and scene.
First Page Last Page
Page 364 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.