Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,314 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by TCTTS
InnerCityAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
quote:
KOTOR was the 2003 game of the year. Remember it came out in 2003 and what kind of tech they had to work with. It was the first fully voiced dialogue RPG. If you're expecting Witcher 3, you'll be disappointed. They just didn't have the tech to do something like that back then.
The dude is complaining about putting pants on somebody. I don't think comparisons to Witcher 3 is the problem.

I'm not complaining. I just want to make sure I'm playing the correct game and not some variant. Dude puts his pants on at the very beginning, right?
jabberwalkie09
AG
So, Maul is not dead after all since the events of Son of Dathomir.

"How Jedi choose to win, the question is."

I'm going to go ahead and call it now. Ezra falls to the dark side as Maul's apprentice. Also, it appears that the Jedi Temple Guards are back after small appearance in TCW series.

I'm also going to ahead and say that we might see the beginnings or the precursor to the Knights of Ren......

If Ezra falls to the dark side, and the precursor to the Knights of Ren is shown because of this I think I can predict how the series will go from then to the end of the run.
amercer
AG
I bet Ezra ends up with a white lightsaber.

I have trouble believing that the rest of this season will reveal as much as the trailer seems to indicate.
jabberwalkie09
AG
I'm predicting that Ezra falls to the dark side thanks to Maul, Rex pays the ultimate price, Ahsoka and Vader will be teased but no actual resolution will happen until next season, and that Kanan will have his faith tested.
Knife_Party
To be accurate, it's pants, some kind of backpack, shoes, a blaster rifle, and some kind of jacket thing. Endar Spire is a tutorial about the inventory system, the party system, the skill system, and the leveling system. Hence, the need to tell the player to equip something.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
My son (4) got to watch an episode of Clone Wars this afternoon. When I got home, he immediately came up to me and said, "dad, I think Anakin is the greatest jedi ever". I am starting to think Episode III is going to be a tough one in my house...
I mentioned it a long time ago, but watching TCW then watching ROTS made Anakin's fall a bit more tragic than when I saw ROTS in theaters.
AgMarauder04
AG
That trailer. Dear. God.
Malachi Constant
AG
KOTOR 1 is available on iOS and Android.

Playing on the iPad was really awesome although the swoop races were nearly impossible. Using a stylus was a big help.

Definitely a great way to kill time during a plane ride...
Ag Since 83
AG
So is Ezra Snoke?

Also, isn't Leia like 14 or 15 at the time of this show?
jabberwalkie09
AG
There about yes.
redline248
AG
I like rebels, but I'm not a fan of Darth Maul showing up, again. Unless we get a solid battle between Maul and Vader. Also, the lightsaber with the cross hilt showing up in the series is a bit of an eye roll.

That trailer was pretty great, though.
AliasMan02
AG
They will use Rebels to put a wrap on Maul. They need a canon reason for him to not ever be around in the classic trilogy.
redline248
AG
I'd prefer If they ignored him forever
The Collective
AG
quote:
So is Ezra Snoke?

I wondered this..
amercer
AG
Maybe Maul is Snoke....
amercer
AG
Seriously though, this is Disney. They are not taking the hero kid from the cartoon my 8 year old loves and making him the most evil person in the galaxy.

They MIGHT however set up a way to bring that kid back into the new movies as an awesome Jedi who's been in hiding for 40 years.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Maybe Maul is Snoke....
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
quote:

Holy balls.

They've gone all in.
My exact thoughts. I've pumped.

But it slightly bothers me that the whole "Luke & Leia being the only hopes" is kind of ruined if these 3 don't die eventually.
amercer
AG
Maybe they are the only hope of defeating Vader.

But maybe there is a bigger story beyond that.
COOL LASER FALCON
I don't know anything about Rebels. Who is the guy with the hilted light saber?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This being taken out and replaced with "Alert my Star Destroyer to prepare for my arrival."

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Crap, wrong thread.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
I don't know anything about Rebels. Who is the guy with the hilted light saber?

Ezra, a Force sensitive kid that gets discovered by the Order 66-surviving Kanan, who decides to train him. Seems to have really high potential, and Kanan is a very imperfect teacher.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Some screenshots and speculation (not mine, OK some of it is) from the new trailer for Rebels.

Sith Temple?

Cham Syndulla, aka Hera's dad.

Inquisitor #3 this season.

Jedi Temple Guards - real or a vision?

Ezra goes full Force mushroom trip.

These tiny pixels ... 10 times the actor that Hayden was.

Please someone cut this guy in 50 pieces this time around so he stays dead.

Gotta be a vision, right?

More curious on why the statue is calling a personal foul than the Ezra-Kylo lightsaber.

He has to kill her. Otherwise it devalues him killing Obi-Wan.

TCTTS
AG
Get ready...

http://makingstarwars.net/2016/01/25215/
BMX Bandit
old master?

The Collective
AG
Well, that will spike interest.
Ag Since 83
AG
JJ's advice to the Han Solo wannabes:

"Watch 'Raiders of the Lost Ark,' Abrams said. "It'll all be right there."

http://makingstarwars.net/2016/01/j-j-abrams-advice-to-the-young-actors-trying-to-become-the-next-han-solo/
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Young Han Solo will really take some getting used to for me, mostly because there was so much EU stuff about his younger days that was really excellent. The Han Solo trilogy by AC Crispin (RIP) were quality stuff, especially the 2nd (The Hutt Gambit) and 3rd (Rebel Dawn) and built great back stories for his relationships with Lando, Jabba, Fett, Chewie, the Imperials, etc., and even plausibly explained the Kessel Run. It also had him not knowing his parents, being a swoop racer early on, being in the Imperial academy and then drummed out. Will be really weird if none of that survives.
Drawkcab
quote:
My son (4) got to watch an episode of Clone Wars this afternoon. When I got home, he immediately came up to me and said, "dad, I think Anakin is the greatest jedi ever". I am starting to think Episode III is going to be a tough one in my house...

Of course it won't because you're going to show them in the correct order of IV, V, II, III, VI right? By the time he sees Episode III he'll have already seen Episode V and will know that Anakin eventually turns. Notice there is no I. There's no reason to ever watch I.
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
quote:

Of course it won't because you're going to show them in the correct order of IV, V, I, II, VI right? By the time he sees Episode III he'll have already seen Episode V and will know that Anakin eventually turns.
Why would you watch II then VI?
InnerCityAg
quote:
Young Han Solo will really take some getting used to for me, mostly because there was so much EU stuff about his younger days that was really excellent. The Han Solo trilogy by AC Crispin (RIP) were quality stuff, especially the 2nd (The Hutt Gambit) and 3rd (Rebel Dawn) and built great back stories for his relationships with Lando, Jabba, Fett, Chewie, the Imperials, etc., and even plausibly explained the Kessel Run. It also had him not knowing his parents, being a swoop racer early on, being in the Imperial academy and then drummed out. Will be really weird if none of that survives.

They should bring that book and Tales From Mos Eisley Cantina back into canon.
The Collective
AG
My kid is watching CW, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. We have watched some Rebels, but being careful that it doesn't give away too much.
Drawkcab
I messed it up. II then III and then VI. Never I, it adds nothing to the story.

This guy has shown me the light: http://www.nomachetejuggling.com/2011/11/11/the-star-wars-saga-suggested-viewing-order/
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That myth has gotten popular on the internet in recent years, doesn't mean it's right.

Everyone is welcome to skip it but you're not getting the full story.
First Page Last Page
Page 356 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.