Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,647 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by TCTTS
SapperAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Enjoy. It's a lot of fun. My 2 year old daughter could spend all day chasing that little droid.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
No idea how this leaked, but it's before and after effects from TFA!

https://vimeo.com/151719063

First, that is incredibly super awesome. They built SO MANY real sets. No wonder it looked great.

Second, somebody is getting thier ass fired for leaking that.
it's a well done video... wouldn't be surprised if it were for the Oscar's special effects award.
The video was made for to highlight the EFX for Oscar consideration.

And it worked seeing how it got nominated.

2016 Oscar Nominations for Visual Effects:
Ex Machina
Mad Max: Fury Road
The Martian
The Revenant
Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
I still haven't seen Ex Machina, and probably won't go see The Revenant in theaters. However, having seen the others I don't know if there is any real clear winner between The Martian, Mad Max or TFA. Mad Max was visually impressive, as was TFA.
Farmer1906
AG
I gotta go with Ex Machina. The robots were so well done.
maca1028
quote:
Enjoy. It's a lot of fun. My 2 year old daughter could spend all day chasing that little droid.

My kids are going to be pumped, I guess it pays to get kids meals at subway.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
This just happened.

I'm married and old/boring... I looked right past BB-8 and saw the paint color cards in the back. Your wife wanting to repaint the house with a warm gray color too? Dude, I got 4x4 gray squares of different colors painted all over my house in different locations (because the lighting changes in each room). They've been there for months now. She can't make up her mind!

But yeah, congrats on BB-8... T&P if you are indeed painting!
maca1028
quote:
quote:
This just happened.

I'm married and old/boring... I looked right past BB-8 and saw the paint color cards in the back. Your wife wanting to repaint the house with a warm gray color too? Dude, I got 4x4 gray squares of different colors painted all over my house in different locations (because the lighting changes in each room). They've been there for months now. She can't make up her mind!

That's hilarious, we are redoing our master bath that is what the samples are for.
jeffk
AG
Our whole house (minus a couple of accent walls of course) is a faint gray color.
amercer
AG
quote:
Our whole house (minus a couple of accent walls of course) is a faint gray color.

We range from dirty white to a sort of prison wall grey.

The kids rooms have color at least.
512Ag
AG
quote:

Find the closest to a "dead flat gray" and paint it that color...then you can accent with any color you want and the gray paint won't fade to blue or green or tan based on what you put on the walls. We just went through this at our house. Gray was much harder to pick than I expected.

I gotta get one of those BB-8s.

After further consideration, I've decided to take my 4-year-old daughter to see TFA. She's very excited that I changed my mind.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
quote:

We range from dirty white to a sort of prison wall grey.

The kids rooms have color at least.
Thank God for my twins room - pink & purple. THe rest of the house is boring-ass light brown because that'll help with the resale value. Not sure why I'm worried about the next people to live here, I live here now.
MASAXET
AG
My wife got me one of those BB-8s for Christmas. It's so much fun - great gift
The Collective
AG
My wife likes white as well. White kitchen cabinets, white walls, & white trim throughout the downstairs... except the office which is of course, gray.
Flashdiaz
AG
Ag Since 83
AG
http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/movies/2016/01/14/exclusive-star-wars-poe-dameron-comic-book/78800804/

Poe Dameron comic leading up to the events on Jakku? Yes please.
Farmer1906
AG
Legit. I have all the #1s, but this one I might actually read.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Well, I've gotten to the final battle with Malak in my replay of KOTOR. Revan/Kylo Ren went the dark path, as I suspected he/I would; first killing Juhani on Dantooine, then choosing to side with Dark Bastilla - who is also the hotter Bastilla - on the unknown world.

Jolee Bindo got all uppity about the choice, so he had to die - 50 XP, really, that's it? Then it was Mission and Zaalbar's turn to revolt, which leads to the most fun/mean moment of the game, using Force Persuade to have Zaalbaar kill Mission since he's sworn a life debt to you. Carth runs off like a biatch, and then it's Rean, Bastilla, and my man HK-47 off to the Star Forge.

I know it's a video game, but the ending sequences on the Star Forge are always kind of a let down for me. Would have been great to have Revan have the opportunity to convert some of Malak's sith along the way - why wouldnt they if he returned from the dead - and fight alongside. Otherewise it's just a really long slugfest in which I realize that my killer robot is much more capable of taking of 3-5 Dark Jedi than my actual Dark Jedi is.

Looked around, but I don't think I have KOTOR2 any more. It's so terribly flawed it'll just make me mad anyway, but I love the format and would forgive its flaws to play it again.

Did dig up my copies of Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy for PC, might have to go with one of those next.
joemeister
AG
You can buy KOTOR 2 on steam for a few bucks and then install the "Restored Content Mod" that completes the story as originally intended.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=485537937
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I went to see Star Wars 2 weeks ago; as a married man with small children I've already used up my disposable income for personal purchases for Q1, maybe in April!
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
You can buy KOTOR 2 on steam for a few bucks and then install the "Restored Content Mod" that completes the story as originally intended.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=485537937

What what what?!? Redone????
InnerCityAg
So KOTOR doesn't seems as awesome as it has been hyped here. Maybe its just me. Why do I have to put pants on my dude at the beginning? What happens later if he needs to take a dump?
The Collective
AG
For my phone, I like Star Wars Heroes. It is free entertainment.
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
So KOTOR doesn't seems as awesome as it has been hyped here. Maybe its just me. Why do I have to put pants on my dude at the beginning? What happens later if he needs to take a dump?

Splitting hairs much?
joemeister
AG
KOTOR 2 was originally released as an incomplete game. Some of the game's developers who previously worked for Obsidian provided the pre-cut game code to some moders that made the Restored Content Mod. KOTOR 2 was also updated again last summer to be more compatible with modern PCs. From what Steam shows, the Restored Content Mod has also been updated to work with the most recent version of the game.
The Collective
AG
quote:

Dude. Nothing is overhyped here. Ever.
Malachi Constant
AG
quote:
Looked around, but I don't think I have KOTOR2 any more. It's so terribly flawed it'll just make me mad anyway, but I love the format and would forgive its flaws to play it again.
I'm waiting until they release KOTOR 2 for iOS with the Restored Content Mod as part of the package.

I'm too lazy to get that all set up on my PC again...
joemeister
AG
I don't speak Apple so I'm not sure whether iOS is limited to mobile devices or not, but Steam shows that the latest update made it compatible for Mac and Linux.

Is the original KOTOR playable on mobile devices?
Thunder18
AG
quote:
quote:

KOTOR absolutely lives up to the hype. Hell there are at least 2 pages worth of posts on this thread talking about that game almost 13 years after it was released
InnerCityAg
quote:
quote:
quote:

KOTOR absolutely lives up to the hype. Hell there are at least 2 pages worth of posts on this thread talking about that game almost 13 years after it was released

Are we talking about the same game? My dude woke up in a ship under attack and it suggested I put pants on him. Is that the same one you're playing? I didn't make it much further than that.
Knife_Party
KOTOR was the 2003 game of the year. Remember it came out in 2003 and what kind of tech they had to work with. It was the first fully voiced dialogue RPG. If you're expecting Witcher 3, you'll be disappointed. They just didn't have the tech to do something like that back then.
jbsj9698
AG

Fenrir
quote:
KOTOR was the 2003 game of the year. Remember it came out in 2003 and what kind of tech they had to work with. It was the first fully voiced dialogue RPG. If you're expecting Witcher 3, you'll be disappointed. They just didn't have the tech to do something like that back then.
The dude is complaining about putting pants on somebody. I don't think comparisons to Witcher 3 is the problem.
amercer
AG
quote:

Holy balls.

They've gone all in.
The Collective
AG
My son (4) got to watch an episode of Clone Wars this afternoon. When I got home, he immediately came up to me and said, "dad, I think Anakin is the greatest jedi ever". I am starting to think Episode III is going to be a tough one in my house...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
AggieSouth06
quote:
My dude woke up in a ship under attack and it suggested I put pants on him. Is that the same one you're playing?

Well... you don't wanna go into battle with your weiner all wagging around. Might chop that s*** off with a lightsaber.
First Page Last Page
Page 355 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.