Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,860,095 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Still rooting for Logan Lerman.
TCTTS
AG
No, I just don't think you can or should try to replace Harrison Ford. No matter how great the performance, whoever it is will fall short of what Ford brought to the role back then, if only because it's not Harrison Ford. I love the writers, I love the directors, but I just don't think this is going to work. Maybe if they were going with like a 15 or 16 year old Solo, but they're obviously not.
Chipotlemonger
AG
What age are they going for in the movie? Not of the actor, but the character of Han?

I kind of agree if it's a period too close to the OT. But I think it can be done well if it were earlier in Han's life as well.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
No, I just don't think you can or should try to replace Harrison Ford. No matter how great the performance, whoever it is will fall short of what Ford brought to the role back then, if only because it's not Harrison Ford. I love the writers, I love the directors, but I just don't think this is going to work. Maybe if they were going with like a 15 or 16 year old Solo, but they're obviously not.
I kinda wish the anthologies would go AWAY from anything in the main trilogy. Don't do known characters, etc. Do the beginning of the rebellion, do outposts, hell do a story about a specific xwing squadron. I dunno.

Ag Since 83
AG
I think a young Han movie could be cool, as long as they include a few key points which others have mentioned:

1. Winning the Falcon from Lando
2. Freeing Chewbacca
3. Time as an Imperial cadet

I think all of those are still canon. If not, they should be.

But even with a cool story, yeah I don't know who you can cast that the audience would actually buy in the role.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
I think a young Han movie could be cool, as long as they include a few key points which others have mentioned:

2. Freeing Chewbacca

But even with a cool story, yeah I don't know who you can cast that the audience would actually buy in the role.
That's pretty much my post from earlier exactly.
The Collective
AG
I think trying to do a movie about Han is a mistake as well. Hope I am proven wrong.
The Collective
AG
dp
scubasteve304
AG
quote:
Still rooting for Logan Lerman.
Out of that short list I'm rooting for Percy Jackson too. Anybody but little Franco.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Rebels preview for the next episode.

amercer
AG
We already have three young Han Solo movies....
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
Rebels preview for the next episode.

I like the little eps based on characters we know.

Interesting.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
I still think this movie is a really bad idea, especially if these are the finalists. Would love to be proven wrong, though...

Variety / 'Star Wars' Han Solo Spinoff: Actor Shortlist Revealed (EXCLUSIVE)

Han from the solo flick being in Rogue One doesn't make any sense. Rogue One happens literally in the days before we meet Han in Star Wars. Han is what... 30 when he meets Luke? Most of these actors are not old enough.
Knife_Party
That looked like the interdictor from rebellion and the transports remind me of the republic frigates from KOTOR.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Ugh if its miles, ansel or Franco I'm out. Buncha duechebags. None of those have the right attitude.

Id rather it be an unknown. Some of the others are possible.
redline248
AG
I bet a lot of people thought recasting someone as a young James Tiberius Kirk would never work, either. Weren't most people generally happy with Chris Pine in that role?

Maybe Spock and Quinto was less well received, though.
boogieman
AG
Why all the Miles hate? (I see a lot in the comments of other blogs). I kinda think he's a good actor. I think he could pull it off.
Can't see Dave Franco in the role. Just can't.

My personal choice would be Joseph Gordon Levitt. But then again, I'm a fan.
double aught
AG
quote:
I bet a lot of people thought recasting someone as a young James Tiberius Kirk would never work, either. Weren't most people generally happy with Chris Pine in that role?

That whole cast is great IMO.

Little Franco is too short for Han.
TCTTS
AG
quote:

Good point. Still, I don't know why, but that feels different for some reason.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:

I liked both of those casting choices.

I recall River Phoenix playing young Indy in Last Crusade....not bad.....

There are some promoting Anthony Ingruber - he played young Harrison Ford character in "The Age of Adaline". Also he did a self taped Han Solo impression when he was 16 that is out there.....it's not bad....now that he is older I think he could maybe pull it off...

Scott Eastwood....maybe
Theo James....maybe

redline248
AG
Maybe bc Shatner was kind of a goofy actor, idk.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:

Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
Why all the Miles hate? (I see a lot in the comments of other blogs). I kinda think he's a good actor. I think he could pull it off.
Can't see Dave Franco in the role. Just can't.

I don't hate Miles....I do think he is pretty talented...just not the right demeanor (imho) he always comes across as a bit pompous (i think Han was more aloof and cocky in a chill way, not pompous)....also I always see him as Miles not as his character I think too much of his own persona always comes thru for an iconic role we already know.
boogieman
AG
quote:
quote:

http://i.imgur.com/8nVBTkT.gif

I know.
COOL LASER FALCON
quote:

2. Freeing Chewbacca

the Han origin story has a lot of potential to make the same mistakes as the prequels. Hard to include all of these without them feeling forced I think, but lots of upset fans if you don't include them.
Ag Since 83
AG
I don't think those would feel forced to the level of the prequels. Those are naturally part of Han's backstory. It's not like putting Threepio and R2 in the prequels or having Chewbacca be BFFs with Yoda.
Ag Since 83
AG
SIAP, but I don't know how I've never seen this before. The whole thing is great, but the part starting at about the 11 minute mark, where Kevin Smith and Mark Hamill are talking about Star Wars in front of JJ Abrams about ten years ago is pretty amazing.

InnerCityAg
quote:
Well Snoke has arms and legs...so no Snoke can not be Vader.

Force ghost Anakin also had arms and legs.
InternetFan02
AG

My wife was freaking out about Anthony Ingruber as the next Han Solo when she had me watch Age of Adaline. He has the look but his acting felt like he was just doing a Harrison Ford impression. Needs work but has potential.
Chipotlemonger
AG
What all is he in?
AliasMan02
AG
Reading the Lucasfilm Insider's Guide on TFA and so far it is great. You can put to rest any idea that Vader is Snoke, the way Pablo Hidalgo talks about the need to move forward. Kinda makes me rule out Plageus as well, but not totally.

I also feel incredibly supported in my criticisms of the EU and why I felt they went in different directions in TFA.
InnerCityAg
quote:
quote:
I would feel terrible if I ruined it for someone back in the day. It truly was one of the best twists out there.
I'm glad I skimmed over it because I might actually download it on my ipad and play it.

I see they have it for Android. Anyone try it? Is it worth $10?
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
I would feel terrible if I ruined it for someone back in the day. It truly was one of the best twists out there.
I'm glad I skimmed over it because I might actually download it on my ipad and play it.

I see they have it for Android. Anyone try it? Is it worth $10?

Still a bargain at twice the price. Best gaming story of that era.
InnerCityAg
Even for Android though?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
What all is he in?

Age of Adaline is the only thing I've seen him in. Prior to that he had some one off TV series guest roles and a few short movies.

He has another feature in post production now - In The Name of God

First Page Last Page
Page 351 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.