Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,616 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 6 hrs ago by TCTTS
Farmer1906
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I would feel terrible if I ruined it for someone back in the day. It truly was one of the best twists out there.
I'm glad I skimmed over it because I might actually download it on my ipad and play it.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Went back and added the spoiler alert to my post for people that never got to play it.

Every Star Wars fans that likes games should play KOTOR.
redline248
AG
It's been a really long time since I played that game, but I honestly don't remember being surprised about the reveal. Maybe a friend played and told me about it before, or maybe I wasn't following the story that closely.
Farmer1906
AG
I wasn't *****ing about it. I seriously was never into SW games before, but with yall harping about how good it was and me seeing that it could be played on the ipad I was considering it. I did skim it and didn't absorb the info because I didn't really know what yall were talking about.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Removed my quote just in case.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Yea I understand.

No worries. Have a fun weekend with KOTOR.
scubasteve304
AG
quote:
This is so incredibly spot on...

http://birthmoviesdeath.com/2016/01/07/han-solo-all-things-must-pass
I appreciate that Faraci tells it like he sees it but I disagree with a bunch. Anecdotal, but the death resonated with me.

Honestly, I think Faraci is projecting his absent father stuff. How is JJ supposed to combat someone projecting Han Solo as an ideal father figure for the past 30 years. It is not out of left field to think that something so horrible happened that it broke Han. That a self described scoundrel gave it a go as a husband and father at 30ish after a War but after losing a kid and a close friend decided to go back to doing the only thing he was ever good at. I've seen better men run. To me JJ made the right choice. Isn't the fun so far of speculating about Ep VIII been about what happened at the Jedi Academy that turned everything to crap?

I agree with Alias in that there's just too many constraints to tell the story that Faraci prefers when TFA is not meant to be about the End of Han's Journey. The only thing I'm with Faraci on is seeing Driver's face for the first time at this scene would've been amazing. And good luck understanding why the internet latches on to TR-8R and not this or that.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
On KOTOR again, is there anything better than going to war with HK-47 and Canderous Ordo at your side?
Knife_Party
quote:
On KOTOR again, is there anything better than going to war with HK-47 and Canderous Ordo at your side?

Bastila Shan.
AcctAg11
AG
I tried playing KOTOR a few weeks ago for the first time. Couldn't get into it. Especially while I also continue to play SWG EMU.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I disagree pretty strongly with that whole Han Solo article, btw.

Could the movie has used an extra beat or two to let us mourn Han? Absolutely. Doesn't mean the death itself didn't resonate. The author is projecting their feeling on everyone else.

And the younger generation is more interested in the new characters than the death of an old one? That is a good sign of great new characters more than anything else.

I think most hardcore fans probably made their peace with Han's death before even going in. Most fans suspected it at the very least.
Malachi Constant
AG
quote:
quote:

Bastila Shan.
Once you take her robes off...
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Thunder18
AG
HK47 and Canderous were awesome, but rolling in with 2 other lightsaber wielding force users like Bastila, Jolee and/or Juhani was pretty OP
Chipotlemonger
AG
Okay stop talking KOTOR or else I'm gonna end up replaying it.......

I think I just might!
Simplebay
AG
AliasMan02
AG
Funny you posted that because I was about to post this:

The Collective
AG
Found this video. The music and Hayden C suck, but it has bootlegged clips from the movie.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
http://texags.com/forums/13/topics/2704542
wanewman

oragator
So how weird would this be,
First time Ridley saw the trailer was on her phone at a hotel.

Chipotlemonger
AG
Daisy
double aught
AG
I want to buy her ice cream and hold her hand.
AgMarauder04
AG
amercer
AG
So the original script had Poe dying in the tie fighter crash.

And Snoke is a former admiral in the imperial navy?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:

Where are you getting this?
amercer
AG
quote:
quote:

Where are you getting this?

It was on one of those click bait sites of "Ten Predictions for the Next Star Wars Movie". Claimed Snokes identity was in the EU. I haven't see that before so I thought it might be crap.
amercer
AG
http://screenrant.com/star-wars-7-force-awakens-predictions-episodes-8-9/?view=all
redline248
AG
If someone is alleging that Snoke's identity was/is in the EU, it's wishful thinking that he is Thrawn, probably (calling him an imperial admiral).

Edit: hmm, they are saying it's revealed in one of the new canon included as part of Journey to the Force Awakens. That gives it a little more credibility, but I wish they said which story.

Double edit: Actually, some of the stuff included in Journey is not listed as official canon, so who knows.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
If someone is alleging that Snoke's identity was/is in the EU, it's wishful thinking that he is Thrawn, probably (calling him an imperial admiral).

Edit: hmm, they are saying it's revealed in one of the new canon included as part of Journey to the Force Awakens. That gives it a little more credibility, but I wish they said which story.

Double edit: Actually, some of the stuff included in Journey is not listed as official canon, so who knows.

I think I'm up on all of the canon and I don't think Snoke has been mentioned at all.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This is sick.

512Ag
AG
Very cool.
Where'd he get that surplus Death Star control panel and how did he retrofit it to make music rather than destroy planets?
TCTTS
AG
I still think this movie is a really bad idea, especially if these are the finalists. Would love to be proven wrong, though...

Variety / 'Star Wars' Han Solo Spinoff: Actor Shortlist Revealed (EXCLUSIVE)
Chipotlemonger
AG
quote:
I still think this movie is a really bad idea. Would love to be proven wrong, though...

Variety / 'Star Wars' Han Solo Spinoff: Actor Shortlist Revealed (EXCLUSIVE)

Can you give reasons why? Is it due to the preconceived assumptions of what the movie would be like?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Dave Franco?

First Page Last Page
Page 350 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.