Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,704 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by TCTTS
DB Coach
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
My ranking order of 1-7 has definitely changed. I went on preview night with a buddy, then again 2 days ago with my family. There's no way I could have gotten a better reaction from the fam....my son, to no one's surprise, loved it. However, my daughter AND my wife were absolutely floored! They could not stop talking about it...to the point of asking how soon we could go watch it again! The girls know Star Wars, but they are certainly not well-versed in anything. Their reactions have changed my perspective, as did the fantastic new cast. Therefore, my non-fanboy rank is now: 5, 7, 4, 6, 3, 1, 2. Strange, I have always ranked SW (ANH) above ROTJ, yet after watching the OT one more time recently, I feel like ROTJ may move up a notch based on the reactions of my immediate family and how we all felt afterwards.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Just want to document that there are currently 10 Star Wars related threads on the front page.
jr15aggie
AG
ROTJ has always been my favorite... The massive battle at the end all the while Luke is fighting, defeating, and then turning his dad back to the light... Epic. No amount of Ewok hate can take away from that!

I'm currently in line for my 2nd viewing with the family. My wife saw it opening night with me and is back for a second time which is amazing to me. Not a Star Wars fan and she much prefers rebox to going to the theater.

VII is so good. My current rankjng is 6, 5, 7, 4, 3, 2, 1. But honestly, only nestolgia keeps 7 from possibly taking the top spot. I'll see how I feel after 2nd viewing.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Seeing as how we routinely talk about the order of which the movies should be viewed in, I thought this reaction was priceless.

Ag Since 83
AG
Now that's good parenting
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
Now that's good parenting
i don't know how she got to that age and doesn't know...i mean come on how many times do people just say "Luke I am your father" as a joke....

my daughter (17) only watched ANH the other day after seeing TFA...but she knows who everyone is...and that Luke is Vaders kid.....might have something to do with me and my son though i suppose....but thats like a spoiler from 35 years ago....seems like it would be hard to miss.

My daughter used to butcher the line which I found funny she used to mix it up with Princess Bride and she would say:

"Luke I am your father, prepare to die"...

jabberwalkie09
AG
And now, I present Blackflag's post "Can we talk for a minute about Star Wars Podracing was absolutely horrible?" (Sweet Jesus that is a long title.)

Probably my favorite part:
quote:
They let a nine-year old human race in a Podrace on Tatooine, in the Boona Eve Classic. Why was this allowed? Who runs this cluster****?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Honestly.

It's like saying Jesus comes back after 3 days is a spoiler. I feel like it's pre-programmed into people when they're born, in America at least.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
My daughter used to butcher the line which I found funny she used to mix it up with Princess Bride and she would say:

"Luke I am your father, prepare to die"...
That's pretty funny.
Texaggie7nine
quote:
My Name is Darth Montoya, "Luke I am your father, prepare to die"...
FIFY
7nine
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
Honestly.

It's like saying Jesus comes back after 3 days is a spoiler. I feel like it's pre-programmed into people when they're born, in America at least.

Maybe the reveal was so important to this dad he managed to keep it hidden until now?
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Seeing as how we routinely talk about the order of which the movies should be viewed in, I thought this reaction was priceless.

Cannot wait for this moment with my future hypothetical children.
jabberwalkie09
AG

amercer
AG
OH MY GOD THAT WAS THE MOST AWESOME THING EVER
AgMarauder04
AG
http://www.tickld.com/x/jaw/an-open-letter-from-a-death-star-architect?ts_pid=663&utm_content=inf_10_93_2&utm_source=tickld&utm_medium=facebook&utm_campaign=contentse&tse_id=INF_c62aa944a22b4e5eb76e60201b783e5b

Letter from the designer of Death Star 1
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

Merry Christmas and May The Force Be With You!!!!

Brian Earl Spilner
AG

You'll never understand, dad!
SapperAg
AG
Just wanted to say that I got my phone-operated BB-8 for Christmas. Merry Christmas to all!
AMW2010
AG
See you on the other side ladies and gents!! Just booked my tickets for 830 show tonight!!! Woo hoo!!
chjoak
AG
Saw the movie 2 days ago and took my mom back this afternoon. Both of us loved it.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
Saw the movie twice now, and I feel like I can rejoin this thread and add it back to my watchlist
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
Just wanted to say that I got my phone-operated BB-8 for Christmas. Merry Christmas to all!
Likewise, got a sphero BB8... Super geeked about that
AliasMan02
AG
Good news, everyone. General Cracken (presumably still Airen Cracken) has been brought into the canon as leader of the Alliance's intelligence corps. He gets a mention in the junior novel about Leia, Moving Target, as a source of info on Han's carbonite location.
Red Five
AG
The Kracken
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
Good news, everyone. General Cracken (presumably still Airen Cracken) has been brought into the canon as leader of the Alliance's intelligence corps. He gets a mention in the junior novel about Leia, Moving Target, as a source of info on Han's carbonite location.
Why does this ring a bell with regards to (mental images) an A-Wing, his son desperately seeking approval; covert ops; wraith squadron, maybe?

Wasn't he also featured in the PC game "Rebellion"? Liked that guy.
Red Five
AG
quote:
quote:
Why does this ring a bell with regards to (mental images) an A-Wing, his son desperately seeking approval; covert ops; wraith squadron, maybe?

Wasn't he also featured in the PC game "Rebellion"? Liked that guy.
Pash Cracken is his son and he was in fact a hot-shot A-Wing pilot. He eventually transferred to Rogue Squadron for a brief period and was part of the infiltration of Coruscant to help the Alliance take back the galactic capital.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

From the first VHS release. So appropriate.
Zemira
AG
I feel like I am old, I can't figure out how to operate my BB-8. Like I have the application but the controls don't seem to operate them effectively. Any advice?
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
I feel like I am old, I can't figure out how to operate my BB-8. Like I have the application but the controls don't seem to operate them effectively. Any advice?

Find a relative under the age of 15.
SapperAg
AG
quote:

It takes a little getting used to. You can swipe the little droid on the right side of the screen until you see the blue light on BB-8 itself line up with you and your phone. That will calibrate the controls.
SpreadsheetAg
AG
quote:
quote:

It takes a little getting used to. You can swipe the little droid on the right side of the screen until you see the blue light on BB-8 itself line up with you and your phone. That will calibrate the controls.
This... Once the blue light is pointed at you, the left hand controls are relative to your position.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
JJ's tribute to John Williams included in the TFA soundtrack:

Zemira
AG
Unfortunately I won't let my 8 year old nephew near my toy (he has a knack for breaking things) and the rest live out of town. So the next youngest is me. I think I'm figuring it out.
Zemira
AG
Thanks this helps! I have learned if you have dust bunnies on the floor the head will find them in the little head wheels
jabberwalkie09
AG

quote:
What do you think is happening in this brand new piece of Star Wars fan art? Will that X-wing ever fly again? Will that R2-unit find a friend? This is the work of Emmanuel Shiu (Game of Thrones, Star Trek), whose work we've featured before, and we're stoked to premiere this picture exclusively at io9.

http://io9.gizmodo.com/a-sad-r2-unit-waits-in-the-x-wing-graveyard-1750132363
First Page Last Page
Page 340 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.