Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,860,041 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by TCTTS
AgMarauder04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Because some of you have been asking, for those who care, my review/reaction is finally up...

https://texags.com/forums/13/topics/2701741/26

If you liked this movie, TCTTS will make you feel bad for liking the movie. Heads up.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

From a 2009 Simpsons episode.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Meant the o face
The Collective
AG
Wait. What?
maca1028
Sitting in the theater waiting on a 10am start, see y'all in the spoiler thread.
AMW2010
AG
I'm like the only one left who hasn't seen it.... It's lonely in here....
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
What are you waiting for?
tamusc
AG
I know how you feel. I ended up having to miss two different showings this weekend due illness and a car wreck. Finally going to get to see it tomorrow night (hopefully)!
MSFC Aggie
AG
quote:
here
maca1028
quote:
Sitting in the theater waiting on a 10am start, see y'all in the spoiler thread.

Bravo
Mr. White
3:50 for me
SapperAg
AG
quote:
quote:
here

Here. Don't have little kids...
H6RBW
AG
Won't be seeing it until Saturday afternoon. Waiting on friends and family who will be in town for Christmas and going as a big group. So far, spoilers avoided successfully.
AcctAg11
AG
In the theater now for the 12:45 showing!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
My new order is:

7 (seen it three times now)
pretty much the same but i'm still a 4 before 5 guy....the original, although i admit of course a lot more happens in 5

Bruce Almighty
AG
What's the reasoning behind watching 5 before 4? That doesn't make any sense to me.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
They're ranking it, not the order to watch it.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
What's the reasoning behind watching 5 before 4? That doesn't make any sense to me.
lol....ummmm yeah ^^^ what brian said.
PatriotAg02
AG
+1 in the "haven't seen it yet" camp......

Trying to wait until next week when I go with friends.
Gig-Em2003
AG
quote:

I fell into that trap the other day and wondered why in the world anyone would want to end their viewing experience with Episode II. Ha.
Ulrich
quote:
+1 in the "haven't seen it yet" camp......

Trying to wait until next week when I go with friends.
Why not both?
wangus12
AG
Just Remember. J.J. helped begin to make things right

TCTTS
AG
EDIT: Wrong thread.
RogueAg
AG
I'm seeing it tomorrow at 1:15pm.... At this point, days after the release I'm wondering how early to get there for it to get a decent seat.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
Just Remember. J.J. helped begin to make things right

I want to vomit looking at that. Maybe it is JJ who is the chosen one who will return balance to the force!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Not really related to anything. Just came across this and loved it.

fig96
AG
Totally unrelated to anything, but this is fantastic.

Discussion between a design consultant and the Emperor on Stormtrooper uniform design:
http://www.core77.com/posts/44308/Stormtrooper-Uniform-Design-Meeting-The-Emperor-Vs-an-Industrial-Design-Consultant
Silvertaps
AG
This thread has been around longer than the time VIII will release.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I just gave into the tidal wave of Star Wars and installed KOTOR on my wife's desktop computer. Probably be my 20th time playing it, assuming she doesn't flip out and uninstall it tomorrow.
Madmarttigan
AG
my friends started playing the SWTOR mmo game again.... I hate them and told them I will not be returning. No time for such things...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm such a freaking nerd that I'm more excited about the discussion and speculation for Ep VIII than the two years this thread has had so far.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/comic-riffs/wp/2015/12/22/why-j-j-abrams-now-regrets-deboarding-the-star-wars-chair-before-episode-viii/

I have zero doubt this movie is going to be incredible. A good script in the hands of Rian Johnson?

Said it before and I'll say it again. THIS is the best time to be a Star Wars fan. We're living it.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
quote:
I'm seeing it tomorrow at 1:15pm.... At this point, days after the release I'm wondering how early to get there for it to get a decent seat.

Is this still a thing?

Maybe I'm spoiled but almost every theater around us that I'm aware of uses reserved seats. We buy online and select seats and then we can show up at showtime and still have great seats. I love that. I wouldn't go to a big movie anywhere that didn't have reserved seats.

Our closest recently upgraded to all reclining big home theater like seats (with a raised leg part like a lazy boy).

Well I'm in Dallas maybe this isn't common yet, but all of the theaters around us are reserved seats (AMC, UA) not sure about the Dine in theaters though but I don't go to those often.

fig96
AG
quote:
quote:

Is this still a thing?

Maybe I'm spoiled but almost every theater around us that I'm aware of uses reserved seats. We buy online and select seats and then we can show up at showtime and still have great seats. I love that. I wouldn't go to a big movie anywhere that didn't have reserved seats.

Our closest recently upgraded to all reclining big home theater like seats (with a raised leg part like a lazy boy).

Well I'm in Dallas maybe this isn't common yet, but all of the theaters around us are reserved seats (AMC, UA) not sure about the Dine in theaters though but I don't go to those often.

Did the same in Houston, but more theaters than not are still general admission here. There are some reserved seating theaters but it's more the movie grill type places at this point.

The Cinemark near me (Katy) is in the process of renovating their theaters with lounge chairs and reserved seats and I think more are going that direction.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG

guess I'm just spoiled....happen to be in the busy/big theater part of North Dallas and all of the ones around me have already converted most were like 2 years ago....
First Page Last Page
Page 339 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.