Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,310 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by TCTTS
AgMarauder04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
I've got another hour and a half on this flight. Will try to get everything typed up in that time. After that, it might be days before I can post again, since I've got a ton of family stuff to do. Will try my best...
FAMILY?!

THIS IS STAR WARS.

GET YOUR HEAD IN THE GAME.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Damn it, got ambushed. Gonna be on the ny local news tonight.
Just watched their video. Thank God they didn't use me. They did use the guy right next to me in line.

I am horrible in public speaking situations, I usually ramble. Last night I somehow ended up telling them I had watched all six movies the day before, which I hadn't. Not sure how that even happened.
wangus12
AG
quote:
I've got another hour and a half on this flight. Will try to get everything typed up in that time. After that, it might be days before I can post again, since I've got a ton of family stuff to do. Will try my best...
Thanks buddy
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Did anyone that went in IMAX get anything like a poster or Star Wars glasses? I was kinda bummed we didn't get anything.

Going again tomorrow in RPX, hopefully I get at least some SW real 3D glasses.
Quinn
AG
We got Star Wars themed 3D glasses. BB-8 and Kylo (I think?).
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
We got Star Wars themed 3D glasses. BB-8 and Kylo (I think?).

I think all the cinemarks did that.
wangus12
AG
quote:
Did anyone that went in IMAX get anything like a poster or Star Wars glasses? I was kinda bummed we didn't get anything.

Going again tomorrow in RPX, hopefully I get at least some SW real 3D glasses.
Cinemark had Kylo, Phasma, BB-8 & Stormie. I got Kylo.

When I was leaving, they were handing out some lightsabers.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ugh.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Continuing my own marathon, the 50 Best Things About Star Wars (Episode IV)

Warning: Spoilers if you haven't seen a movie that came out in 1977

1. The first fanfare of music, that did it for me.
2. VAST star destroyer comes over head, I remember as a kid thinking, does it ever end?
3. Second C3PO, what happened to you, pal?
4. Gritty determination of the Rebels waiting for the stormies to bust through the door. A great level to play on Battlefront.
5. Vader's arrival, no words, just menace (real not phantom)
6. The effect of the stormtroopers' stun weapon
7. Vader tossing Captain Antilles aside like a pile of trash.
8. R2D2 and C3PO best friends to the end ... or when they have an argument 2 seconds after landing on Tatooine.
9. The Krayt Dragon skeleton in the desert.
10. Utinni! Short kids everywhere suddenly had an easy Halloween costume
11. The inside of the sand crawler. I wanted to read 20 things about every robot in there.
12. Luke's theme playing for the first time.
13. A bad motivator, just like Kevin Sumlin
14. Owen Lars, total hard ass
15. Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, you're my only hope.
16. Blue milk!
17. The Planet of the Apes-esque music signifying the coming of the Tusken Raiders
18. The fact that it was an ELEPHANT wearing a Bantha costume. An elephant that had been trained to put its own trunk in its mouth.
19. The look on Alec Guinness' face when he hears the name "Obi-Wan Kenobi". I know the back story wasn't written yet, but man does he sell that haunted look. Arguably my favorite moment of the entire series.
20. Anakin Skywalker, navigator on a freighter?
21. The noise of the lightsaber, the most badass sound I'd ever heard (granted I was 3 years old)
22. "General Kenobi, years ago you served my father in the Clone Wars." Damnit, now I want to write some more fan fic.
23. You don't need to see his identification.
24. The cantina creatures, so much love in crafting all those masks and outfits.
25. Ponda Baba brings an arm to a lightsaber fight.
26. Han Solo's entrance. At the 97 ANH:SE, the reception was deafening.
27. Greedo, don't even have to say it.
28. The spy - damn Kenobi, why didn't you see that guy?
29. Han turns straight baller knocking off stormtroopers
30. Travelin' through hyperspace ain't like dusting crops, boy
31. Millenium Falcon chess! I wanted that game so bad
32. Tarkin bullies Leia, blows up Alderaan anyway, LIKE A BOSS
33. Kenobi feels Alderaan's destruction in the Force.
34. That's no moon ...
35. This ship's for hire, even if it's just smuggling myself.
36. Han not impressed with Luke's ideas on reward for rescuing Leia
37. Chewie & the mouse droid
38. Obi-Wan's bag of tricks to deactivate the tractor beam
39. HE IS HERE
40. I don't care what you smell!
41. Han turns the tables on the stormies ... temporarily
42. I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.
43. Yavin approach and the temple
44. Biggs! Great to see you ... for 2 seconds.
45. Attack on the Death Star music
46. Vader's TIE Fightter
47. Black flight suits for the TIE pilots
48. You're all clear, kid!
49. The shot
50. Throne room music
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
This is pretty damn fun. (For Chrome users.)

http://techcrunch.com/2015/12/15/use-your-phone-as-a-lightsaber/?ncid=rss
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
No mention of Luking staring out at the twin suns of Tatooine? Come on, man.
Quinn
AG
Forgot To mention that the Lucas Film logo popped up during one of the previews (like it was layered over the preview) and then the Star Wars logo popped up after that. Everyone started freaking out, but luckily they stopped it before the crawl began.
jr15aggie
AG
I was entertained:

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
No mention of Luking staring out at the twin suns of Tatooine? Come on, man.
He had to get corrective surgery because of that, don't encourage the kids!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Just got my R2-D2 themed Google cardboard.
AggieChemist
AG
Damn near got spoilered at a sushi bar at noon. I wasted a perfectly good piece of spicy scallop roll throwing it at the stupid chick.

She got the message.

I got another roll.
EMY92
AG
I saw the movie this morning.

The only spoiler is that unlike the previous 3, this one seems well acted.

Other than that, I'd encourage you to see the movie before too many details are released spoiling the movie. I had avoided almost everything about the movie to go in fresh. The only trailers I saw were in the Dodge commercials and the one movie trailer shown during the NFL games. I wasn't sure what to expect and was not disappointed.
512Ag
AG
In line at the Bullock museum in Austin for the 3:55 showing. I'm damn near giddy. Good crowd. Happy folks. There's a land speeder and a T-47 inside the museum. Will take a couple pictures after the show.
jr15aggie
AG
Friendly advice / warning for those that haven't seen the movie yet:

Lots of posting going on in the spoiler thread and I just got freaked out that I posted super spoiler stuff in this thread by accident. Turns out I didn't, but I can see somebody accidentally posting something in here because both thread are at the top of the board.

So perhaps just read each post carefully to make sure it's not something you don't want to see.
512Ag
AG
quote:
Damn near got spoilered at a sushi bar at noon. I wasted a perfectly good piece of spicy scallop roll throwing it at the stupid chick.

She got the message.

I got another roll.

Great kid. Don't get cocky!
fig96
AG
quote:
I saw the movie this morning.

The only spoiler is that unlike the previous 3, this one seems well acted.

Other than that, I'd encourage you to see the movie before too many details are released spoiling the movie. I had avoided almost everything about the movie to go in fresh. The only trailers I saw were in the Dodge commercials and the one movie trailer shown during the NFL games. I wasn't sure what to expect and was not disappointed.
Very much agree. I checked out of this thread for the last 6 weeks or so, and I hadn't seen or read anything other than a few trailers and was the better for it.
AggieLitigator
As I'm walking into the theater a few walk out and spoil the movie for me within seconds discussing a major plot point. Now waiting for movie to start
Farmer1906
AG
quote:
As I'm walking into the theater a few walk out and spoil the movie for me within seconds discussing a major plot point. Now waiting for movie to start
That is a bummer. I was careful not to say anything when I walked out last night for that very reason.
Knife_Party
quote:
Friendly advice / warning for those that haven't seen the movie yet:

Lots of posting going on in the spoiler thread and I just got freaked out that I posted super spoiler stuff in this thread by accident. Turns out I didn't, but I can see somebody accidentally posting something in here because both thread are at the top of the board.

So perhaps just read each post carefully to make sure it's not something you don't want to see.

I accidently clicked that thread and started reading this morning...realized it was the wrong thread when I read a major spoiler. Luckily it was something I expected, but it still sucks knowing 100% about that instead of only thinking it might be the case.
redd38
AG
quote:
They're letting you watch the movie in jail? Or did the cops deem the beating to be justified?
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:
They're letting you watch the movie in jail? Or did the cops deem the beating to be justified?
InnerCityAg
quote:

I would be so pissed. I will be sure to not listen to any talking as I'm walking in.
Quinn
AG
That sucks. I made sure to say nothing about the movie once we got out of the theatre.
annie88
AG
quote:
that's really BS. I would've yelled at them and said "STOP TALKING!"
SapperAg
AG
quote:

So something like this?

wangus12
AG
quote:
quote:
that's really BS. I would've yelled at them and said "STOP TALKING!"
That is such BS. **** that guy. I made sure when I was walking out to give my, "in awe" look so fans could have hope and not say a word.
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
Wow. I ran the whole gamut of emotions. A couple things didn't seem quite right but i won't discuss them. But it hit on may about every note. I want to have JJ Abrams' babies.
Cromagnum
AG
quote:

That would have been a fight.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Got into a debate with my roommates. One hated it, one said it was decent but still the second to worst SW movie above ROTJ. Both say the prequels were much better.

I found myself defending this movie and criticizing the prequels for all their faults. How's that for irony.
Knife_Party
Because of how bad the prequels were and the hype for this movie, people are being far more critical of this movie than they otherwise would have been. I tend to go by the tomatoes score. If it's an 80 or higher I ALWAYS find it to be a good movie. Some people just like to not like things because they're being "unique."
First Page Last Page
Page 336 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.