Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,351 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 5 hrs ago by TCTTS
Ag Since 83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Got into a debate with my roommates. One hated it, one said it was decent but still the second to worst SW movie above ROTJ. Both say the prequels were much better.

I found myself defending this movie and criticizing the prequels for all their faults. How's that for irony.
You should probably move
mazag08
AG
They sound like a holes
SapperAg
AG
quote:
Got into a debate with my roommates. One hated it, one said it was decent but still the second to worst SW movie above ROTJ. Both say the prequels were much better.

I found myself defending this movie and criticizing the prequels for all their faults. How's that for irony.

How in God's name did they prefer the prequels?
SeattleAgJr
quote:
quote:

hell, I have not yet seen TFA, and I prefer it to the prequels.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

Here, here. It could be 2 hours of nothing and it has to be better than the prequels.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
They sound like a holes

Bingo.

I suggest moving or finding new roommates.e3
Sweet Kitten Feet
S
I would not trust those people.
Ulrich
This is why I will never live in New York
SapperAg
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Here, here. It could be 2 hours of nothing and it has to be better than the prequels.

You should see Lucas' special edition with digitally enhanced nothing.
COOL LASER FALCON
quote:
Good.... Good
Joe Cole
Just got home. Enjoyed it, but not hard to tell writer was same guy that did some of the originals. Guess I need to post real thoughts on other thread
fig96
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

After the opening scroll and pan my brother leans over and says, "This is already better than Episodes 1 through 3."
AggieChemist
AG
Second behind Empire. Awesome. Loved it. One plot hole that I will discuss on spoiler thread but I think I know where they are going with it.
Malachi Constant
AG
Just realized this is Poe Dameron

Legal Custodian
AG
I want to join in the discussion on the spoiler thread, but I have to wait for another week to see the movie. This thread has died
AMW2010
AG
I feel your pain! I don't know when I'll go see it yet!!
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
Just realized this is Poe Dameron

http://ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/static/2015-04/10/13/enhanced/webdr10/anigif_original-grid-image-19261-1428687041-22.gif
Best scene in Ex Machina
InnerCityAg
quote:
I want to join in the discussion on the spoiler thread, but I have to wait for another week to see the movie. This thread has died

I'm here with you. Constantly checking.... hoping for non-spoilers.
Fuzzy Dunlop
AG
quote:
Same as all of you. We are going Sunday but I would have liked to see it already.
512Ag
AG
It'll be worth the wait. Y'all won't be disappointed!
tremble
AG
quote:

WTF.

Man, you might have to jettison those scrubs into space.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I'm looking forward to the discussion once everyone has seen it. So much to discuss and speculate about what's coming.
Saul Goodman
AG
I'm on my way to see it now. I just want to say that I've really enjoyed reading this thread over the last year or so. The anticipation and speculation is 60% of the fun, in my opinion.

I can't wait to see how this movie fits into the series. Right now my favorites in order are:

Farmer1906
AG
quote:
I'm on my way to see it now. I just want to say that I've really enjoyed reading this thread over the last year or so. The anticipation and speculation is 60% of the fun, in my opinion.

I can't wait to see how this movie fits into the series. Right now my favorites in order are:

And I think that is pretty much everyone's order. At least 1-4.
Saul Goodman
AG
And I'll say that going in, my hope is just that it fits in between 6 and 3. I can't imagine it passing 4 or 5, but I would be thrilled if it's better than 3.
maca1028
I started my kids off with the originals and it took them 2 days to finish them, that was 2 weeks ago, they are just now finishing the prequels. I asked them why it took so long to finish 1-3, they said 1-3 wasn't as good.

Raised Em right.

Going to take them to see TFA Monday morning
JABQ04
AG
Well it just happened. A now ex-friend on FB just blasted major spoilers formth film. If they are correct then I'm pretty pissed off. Can't see TFA until Tuesday due to work. My fault I guess for checking FB, but who blasts that **** out on their newsfeed so it shows up on mine? What a f*** head.
FriendlyAg
About to sit down to watch. I have lurked this thread for a while. So pumped.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
Well it just happened. A now ex-friend on FB just blasted major spoilers formth film. If they are correct then I'm pretty pissed off. Can't see TFA until Tuesday due to work. My fault I guess for checking FB, but who blasts that **** out on their newsfeed so it shows up on mine? What a f*** head.
You're a grown-up, get off Facebook and go outside and get some fresh air.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
To be honest, I gotta put that one on you. We're talking about one of the most popular movies of all time and it's opening weekend. People are gonna talk about it. I avoided FB/twitter/reddit all day Thursday for this very reason.
AggieLitigator
I don't know. Opening weekend isn't over and my entire fb feed has been great about no spoilers. I feel like for one of the biggest movies of all time it's an unwritten rule to avoid spoilers at least thru opening weekend. I haven't given it any thought until now.
JABQ04
AG
So far I agree no one else has said anything. This guy did it to be a jerk and solely for that reason. As far as getting outside and off FB....work outside all night. Just happened to check when I woke up around noon.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Muck, stop mucking around and post your gosh darn review!
Saul Goodman
AG
Movie was great. I'm looking forward to watching it again. Still trying to digest it, but first reaction is that this is the 3rd best behind 5 and 4, and probably only behind 4 because of nostalgia. Honestly, this film had the best overall acting in the entire series.
Mac94
AG
Ditto Sauls take ... just behind empire and new hope ... way above the rest. And only behind the first two because of the newness of those films at the time and how much they were a part of my childhood.
First Page Last Page
Page 337 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.