Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,860,319 Views | 43820 Replies | Last: 11 min ago by The Porkchop Express
Baba Ganoush
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ha! No doubt. But she tends to rely a little too much on CGI (crayon generated images)
wangus12
AG
quote:
If so, LOL @ "when I was younger".

Its why I sucked it up and said my damn generation. We suck so hard
jabberwalkie09
AG
TFA's score was released early apparently on Amazon for download, and before Amazon took it down people already downloaded it. There are a few tracks up on youtube.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
No ****?

I'm nervous about searching for them though. I hear people are putting up spoiler images on 4chan already.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Reddit had spoiler images already this morning as well. Also a few clips too, video and audio. It seems that they are doing their best to rip down the video and audio clips. The images are still up AFAIK. I think the titles of the tracks could be considered spoilerish.
wangus12
AG
I assume the spoiler images are going to be from cell phones in the theatre?
jabberwalkie09
AG
I'd assume that to be correct.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Not surprising. Haven't opened reddit today for this very reason. Just have to hold strong for 30 more hours.

Pretty much avoiding youtube as well, don't trust the comment sections.
wangus12
AG
Something I didn't know. Adam Driver joined The United States Marine Corps after 9/11 and served for nearly 3 years before being medically discharged. Dude is officially a badass without Kylo Ren
The Collective
AG
quote:
TFA's score was released early apparently on Amazon for download, and before Amazon took it down people already downloaded it. There are a few tracks up on youtube.

For those of you avoiding even the soundtrack, I can confirm it is badass.
jabberwalkie09
AG
I'd agree with that. I happen to really like the second track, and I think that will get variations on the them as the story progresses for the ST.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Dang it. Link? I'll just avoid scrolling down to the comments.
jabberwalkie09
AG
I'll post it in the spoiler thread, give me a second to pull it up.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Good call. Thanks.

Is it still safe to go in there?
jabberwalkie09
AG
Eh..... click the link and don't go back a page (nothing really specific IIRC) or read anything else on the page if you don't want to be spoiled.
The Collective
AG
quote:
Is it still safe to go in there?

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Eh..... click the link and don't go back a page (nothing really specific IIRC) or read anything else on the page if you don't want to be spoiled.
Good stuff, enjoyed that. Thanks for the heads up. This was me going in and out of that thread -

jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Good stuff, enjoyed that. Thanks for the heads up. This was me going in and out of that thread -
Glad you did. I have to say, that based on what I have heard (only the first three tracks) that Williams nailed it.
jr15aggie
AG
I'm not a reddit guy... in fact, I don't visit a ton of sites other than Texags and ESPN. I'm also not on any form of social media, so it's pretty easy for me to avoid spoilers. I'm only 37, but sometimes I feel like the old man refusing to sign up for facebook/twitter/etc. just because everybody else is doing it and I'd rather sit on my porch twiddling a stick or something!
The Collective
AG
I am pretty much Texags only. I have twitter but do not tweet. I am on there only during big events (SEC move, signing day, etc). I have been to reddit only via links a few times, and I still don't get it.

I am 32.
jabberwalkie09
AG
I don't do anything posting wise on reddit, but I'll read it if there is any buzz connected to something I am either playing/watching.
InternetFan02
AG
quote:
I am pretty much Texags only. I have twitter but do not tweet. I am on there only during big events (SEC move, signing day, etc). I have been to reddit only via links a few times, and I still don't get it.

I am 32.
same here and I appreciate those on here that bring the relevant reddit stuff to this board so I don't have to go there myself. It works well.
wangus12
AG
Texags and Facebook. I have a twitter to get the earliest releases of soccer lineups in Europe, but never tweet anything.
The Collective
AG
quote:
I have a twitter to get the earliest releases of soccer lineups in Europe, but never tweet anything.

Of course you like soccer... [/your female coworkers]
wangus12
wangus12
AG
As I'm finishing work here, I'm finding it harder and harder to not try and find new information with huge risk of spoilers. Please help me!

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You don't need to search for more information.
The Collective
AG
quote:
As I'm finishing work here, I'm finding it harder and harder to not try and find new information with huge risk of spoilers. Please help me!

You are too close. Just do something else completely if you are having a difficult time avoiding it.
wangus12
AG
Texaggie7nine
So from the small amount of skimming I have done on the bad reviews. They seem to mostly agree that this feels too much like an Ep4 remake.
7nine
Malachi Constant
AG
Aggie Football makes me want to vomit. I'm so thankful for this film.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Doesn't bother me in the least as long as the new characters are good/interesting (they are being universally praised), and it's fun (again, everyone agrees on this).

Really enjoyed Creed and that was pretty much a remake of Rocky.

Only thing I've heard that is slightly disappointing is that there is no "standout" new John Williams track as there have been in most of the movies.
jr15aggie
AG
OK, I'm going in... 3 solid hours of work to finish up the day so I can take off most of tomorrow for Star Wars day... cover me Porkins!

"I'm right with you Red 3!"

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
See you on the other side. May the force be with you.
The Collective
AG
quote:
So from the small amount of skimming I have done on the bad reviews. They seem to mostly agree that this feels too much like an Ep4 remake.

Agree. Since it's a small # of people, I'm guessing they wouldn't have liked the movie at all or just don't appreciate parallelism. Of course, I will weigh in more over the weekend on the spoilers thread.
First Page Last Page
Page 324 of 1253

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.