Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,860,237 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
quote:
FYI, the Collider movie guys, who may actually rival MuckRaker as Star Wars uber nerds, are attending the premiere tonight. They'll be posting videos on their instagram throughout the night, and will be posting their spoiler-free reactions and review on YouTube right after the movie. I'll post a link once it's up for those interested.

These guys also rival TCTTS in their hatred for the prequels, so their review will be very telling. If it gets a positive review from them, you can take it to the bank that we've got a great Star Wars film to look forward to.

https://www.instagram.com/collidervideo/

https://www.youtube.com/user/ColliderVideos/videos
What's everyone else doing while going dark until they see the movie?

Read
Rake leaves
Fix grill
Vacuum both cars

what else.....? hmmm.....
I'll be avoiding reddit, social media, and other "dangerous" areas of the web like the plague after tonight.

Personally, I won't be posting anything other than the Collider review, and even then I'll be watching it beforehand to make sure they don't give too much away.

If any others are posting reactions/reviews, please post only if they are completely spoiler-free.

Good luck, gents. This is the home stretch. Almost there, stay on target.
The Collective
AG
Yep. I am going to severely limit my social media intake. That includes much of Texags; never know what someone might say in a thread title. As for this thread, I'm going to stay behind a bit and scroll to see if I see a bunch of red faces, thumbs down, etc before reading any post of substance or linked reviews.

Help me, entertainment board, you are my only hope.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I'll tell you how we're going to make it through Monday, Army.

We're going to have ourselves a Star Wars gif celebration

You may fire when ready.

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG

The Collective
AG
quote:

Spoiler: shows Luke using the dark side.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

jr15aggie
AG

And on a serious note...

The Collective
AG

Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
I'll tell you how we're going to make it through Monday, Army.

We're going to have ourselves a Star Wars gif celebration

You may fire when ready.

Not a gif and only marginally related to Star Wars, but hey Stormtrooper dancing:

jabberwalkie09
AG

jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:

Thank you Lucas for revealing the singular greatest moment in the entire film..... IN A GOD DAMNED TRAILER!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Never went to a midnight showing for the prequels.

Was it like this everywhere? Can't imagine how it'll be Thursday night.

Dis is nutsen.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
My favorite crowd reaction was going to see the Special Edition of ANH in 1997 because the crowd knew exactly when every character was coming on screen and the roars were deafening, for Han Solo most of all.
The Collective
AG
Our theater in Fort Worth did trivia with prizes and a countdown for the new Star Trek on opening night, and the crowd was very into it. I expect plenty of excitement for SW.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

This ****'s happening, y'all.
The Collective
AG
Just watched the 60 Minutes clip, John Williams is going to make it to Episode IX, right? I didn't realize how old he is.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
He's old but he looks in pretty good health in those clips.

It's going to be a dark, dark day when John Williams is no longer scoring Star Wars movies.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Went and picked up my tickets yesterday and the glazed over employee said, "OK, it's theater 5 on your right, enjoy your movie."
jeffk
AG
quote:
Went and picked up my tickets yesterday and the glazed over employee said, "OK, it's theater 5 on your right, enjoy your movie."

How long did you sit in theater 5 before you decided to go home and come back later?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
What Muck doesn't know is they were already showing the movie.
Donald Glover
AG
Aggie basketball vs Baylor on saturday at Reed is Star Wars night and theyre advertising Baylor as the evil empire haha
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
quote:

How long did you sit in theater 5 before you decided to go home and come back later?
I'm still there, I've got great seats!
The Collective
AG
Let me know how Krampus holds up after your 17th viewing.
SapperAg
AG
quote:
Aggie basketball vs Baylor on saturday at Reed is Star Wars night and theyre advertising Baylor as the evil empire haha

That's an insult to the Empire. They never came across as pedantic rape-enablers.
Donald Glover
AG
quote:
quote:

That's an insult to the Empire. They never came across as pedantic rape-enablers.

It really is, I feel bad for Vader being compared to Art Briles or Scott Drew
wangus12
AG
Took the day off work after my marathon yesterday. Playing Assassin's Creed and Battlefront to pass the time. Need to go pick up my marathon tickets tomorrow.
jr15aggie
AG
So is the "no dressing up" thing really being enforced? I haven't heard anything from the local theater I'm attending. I can see specific big name in large city theaters doing this, but I'll be kinda surprised if I don't see some nerd gear at the local city theaters.
The Collective
AG
I haven't heard anything locally either. I'm going to be pissed if I can't get a pic with Greedo.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Just watched the 60 Minutes clip, John Williams is going to make it to Episode IX, right? I didn't realize how old he is.
I think Williams has been quoted saying that he wants to do the entire new trilogy, but had only been confirmed for TFA. By the time that IX comes out, he would be in his late 80's IIRC.

Our first live action Star Wars film not scored by him will be Rogue One. That will be scored by Alexandre Desplat, who scored Godzilla and also worked with Gareth Edwards on that film. The 2008 animated film that was for The Clone Wars was scored by Kevin Kiner who scored the 2008 Clone Wars series and Star Wars Rebels.
amercer
AG
quote:
So is the "no dressing up" thing really being enforced? I haven't heard anything from the local theater I'm attending. I can see specific big name in large city theaters doing this, but I'll be kinda surprised if I don't see some nerd gear at the local city theaters.

I got a full page of instructions emailed to me from the theater. No masks if you're older than 12, only foam lightsabers, no toy guns, etc....
Flashdiaz
AG
quote:
Baylor is more like the trade federation. they pick on lesser opponents, easily manipulated, boring and easy to defeat.
First Page Last Page
Page 309 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.