Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,739 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by TCTTS
InnerCityAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
Never went to a midnight showing for the prequels.

Was it like this everywhere? Can't imagine how it'll be Thursday night.

Dis is nutsen.

I do not understand how anyone could be that excited after already seeing Episodes 1 and 2.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
One of the Collider Jedi Council guys interviewing Harrison. The look of pure joy on his face is priceless.

The Collective
AG
quote:
I do not understand how anyone could be that excited after already seeing Episodes 1 and 2.

I hated Episode I & Episode II, but the fall of Anakin is something that I had thought a lot about as a kid.

Does anyone remember all of the various theories about Vader and why he had to wear the suit? For most of my childhood, I had accepted he was in a flying accident of sorts. Was that ever the accepted idea?
wangus12
AG
quote:
He's old but he looks in pretty good health in those clips.

It's going to be a dark, dark day when John Williams is no longer scoring Star Wars movies.
It'll be a dark day when he isn't scoring any movies. He is easily the greatest movie composer of all time in my opinion
MandoArms
So I've decided that in place of viewing the prequels I will be watching Episodes IV- VI followed by a viewing of Fan Boys, I think that is a more enjoyable viewing order than forcing myself to watch Episodes I-III.
jr15aggie
AG
What the heck... my apologies for posting this, but I had to do something with it... it was too much to bear alone.

Flashdiaz
AG
quote:
quote:

Does anyone remember all of the various theories about Vader and why he had to wear the suit? For most of my childhood, I had accepted he was in a flying accident of sorts. Was that ever the accepted idea?
that's general grevious. Vader's injuries always involved a volcano in some capacity.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:

By the time I was a teenager in the 90's I had a vague understanding that Vader was burned by lava and that caused most of his injuries (that and Obi-Wan kicked his butt). Not sure how or when I heard it, but George Lucas talked about it in interviews n stuff. Specifically, when he decided to do the prequels he definitely opened up a little about it before Phantom Menace. Before a single picture had been released for ROTS we all knew the lava planet or a big volcano was coming.

I want to say early on he specifically said "volcano"... but in typical George fashion it evolved into, "hey, how about an entire planet that is lava... that's even better right!"
Mr. White
quote:
Went and picked up my tickets yesterday and the glazed over employee said, "OK, it's theater 5 on your right, enjoy your movie."

Read the quote in The Simpsons' lunchlady's (Doris?) voice.
hunter2012
AG
quote:
I just came on here to ask the same question
Here's the chronological viewing order of the Clone Wars. I had no idea it jumps around so much. But I must say it's awesome watching it as the war unfolds so far. I got to 102 on the list, the movie seems to be about 4 episodes worth. I must say I'm greatly enjoying it thus far.

Also the Clone Wars is on netflix, which makes for easy viewing.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

that's general grevious. Vader's injuries always involved a volcano in some capacity.
I got curious to see what Grievous looked like before being a cyborg after I watched ROTS. Pretty cool, imo.

The Collective
AG
quote:

I don't think I ever confused him with Grievous. I didn't even know who Grievous was until he appeared in the movie series. I'm reading some stuff online and am pretty much putting together that it was just something my group of friends made up and somehow it became fact for all of us as kids. This seems to be a good write-up for anyone else curious and in need of a time waste.
http://www.theforce.net/swtc/injuries.html

The fight between Anakin and Obi Wan could have been so great with better acting and if it wasn't shot in a studio in front of a curtain.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG

quote:
in a studio in front of a curtain.

Uh, it's a green screen, friend.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
from the wiki for the return of the jedi novelization -

Obi-Wan Kenobi's account of Luke's parental history is expanded; Obi-Wan states that Owen Lars was his brother, and that Luke and Leia's mother died when they were four (a premise later overwritten by the prequel trilogy, in which Owen Lars is seen to be Anakin Skywalker's stepbrother and Luke and Leia's mother, Padm Amidala. dies in childbirth). Obi-Wan further recounts his battle with Anakin, stating that Anakin "fell into a molten pit", a point of detail which differs somewhat from the battle as shown in Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith. Obi-Wan further tells Luke that Anakin did not know that their mother was pregnant, while in Revenge of the Sith he is well aware of the pregnancy.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Didn't the authors have a lot of freedom to fill in the blanks as they wanted? I doubt any of that came from Lucas. Except Leia remembering her mother, that is.
AMW2010
AG

AgMarauder04
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
https://45.media.tumblr.com/0a2d96b8a607a2f3fae6b17b98165f5f/tumblr_nkxv8tL6Mu1t55xupo1_400.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/SyC4Pywv6Go1O/giphy.gif
My first time at the drafthouse was for a midnight showing of Spaceballs, fantastic stuff!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I count no less than 7 Star Wars threads on page 1.

The Collective
AG
quote:
I count no less than 7 Star Wars threads on page 1
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
Didn't the authors have a lot of freedom to fill in the blanks as they wanted? I doubt any of that came from Lucas. Except Leia remembering her mother, that is.

The novelizations were pretty high up the canon ladder.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
the ESB novelization had extended Luke training sequences with Yoda including yoda throwing a silver bar in the air while luke is running. The first time Luke barely gets his lightsaber out before it hits the ground and Yoda tells him if he was a jedi it would be in 7 pieces.

Later on Luke cuts it in 4 pieces and Yoda is pleased.

CAR96
AG
I was able to get tickets to Star Wars Force Awakens for Saturday in 3D IMAX without much trouble.

I think it will be so cool with all the battles that 3D/IMAX will be really cool.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
the ESB novelization had extended Luke training sequences with Yoda including yoda throwing a silver bar in the air while luke is running. The first time Luke barely gets his lightsaber out before it hits the ground and Yoda tells him if he was a jedi it would be in 7 pieces.

Later on Luke cuts it in 4 pieces and Yoda is pleased.

Also Yoda used like four of the stun remotes, like Luke used on the Falcon, at once.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
That sounds pretty badass.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
is it too late to ask Staff to make an all-star wars board for Friday as a treat?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG

Flashdiaz
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Less than 75 hours.
wangus12
AG
https://www.facebook.com/DavidAntunesMusic/videos/10153818263782375/
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
lol
Knife_Party
quote:
is it too late to ask Staff to make an all-star wars board for Friday as a treat?

Copyright issues would probably prevent this. Maybe we can post tits instead.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Daisy Ridley's tits, preferably.
Donald Glover
AG
quote:
Daisy Ridley's tits, preferably.

Wtf man, she's mine
First Page Last Page
Page 310 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.