Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,860,025 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by TCTTS
512Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

The minister at my church says this stained glass in our narthex is a depiction of Genesis 3:24. I'm not so sure of that, as it is clearly Leia using green, blue and purple(!) Force powers to combat a red Sith lightsaber.
wanewman
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/60-minutes-the-new-force-behind-star-wars/

The J.J. Abrams "60 Minutes" interview.

PLUS... how the music begins after the opening crawl! Don't click if you don't want to know!

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/60-minutes-ot-how-the-new-star-wars-begins/
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
If you live in Houston, Memorial City Mall is having a Force-Fest this Thursday from 4-7 p.m.

To celebrate the biggest movie premier of the year, come to Memorial City for Star Wars Force Fest. The special event will offer fans of all ages a memorable, interactive Star Wars experience that's out of this galaxy. Activities include live performances by Virtuosi of Houston, photo booth, movie characters, themed arts & crafts, GameStop Star Wars Battlefront gaming stations, droid demonstrations by Brookstone, and Cinemark giveaways. May the force be with you at Memorial City!

http://memorialcity.com/entertain/?hq_e=el&hq_m=1000346&hq_l=4&hq_v=40471578d7

I'm going to take my girls out of school early and go to it. If you happen to see a Vader-sized guy in an Ackbar shirt toting two adorable 3 year olds around, feel free to say hi.
Definitely Not A Cop
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
This is an old video, but I still laugh every time I see it.

Saxsoon
AG
quote:
Here's a fun watch:

I didn't know about the Hamill/Abrams dinner for 5 bit, that gives the theory some credibility. Guess this video will be irrelevant in less than 100 hours, but a good time killer none the less.

I haven't read the whole thread so this may be disproven already , so let me know if it is.
Honestly I would love this twist. It is foreshadowed so heavily in the trilogy.

Hell, I would be fine with Luke flirting with the darkside during the time we don't see but comes to a redemption in training the new kids on the block.
Saxsoon
AG
Holy ****, 4 more days and I will be halfway through this movie
jr15aggie
AG
Sunday night... bout ready for bed... anything interesting happening this week???

Oh yeah, I FRIGGIN GET TO SEE A NEW STAR WARS MOVIE THIS WEEK!!!!!!!

h1ag
AG
I may be alone in this, but I got a little worried how they said at the end that they had to think about making money for Disney. I would almost like a borderline PG-13/R movie that shows the darkness of the universe. Sith stabbing people with lightsabers and **** before the Jedi save the day. ESB was NOT a kiddy movie. It was just a really fantastic film, which is what I would prefer. Hopefully my small fears are unfounded.
MandoArms
If you're in Fort Worth Rarh and Sons is having a Rahr Wars night with some pretty slick Star Wars pint glasses this Wednesday. I'll be there rocking a Fett shirt.

[html]https://www.facebook.com/events/158257801196658/[\html]
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
I may be alone in this, but I got a little worried how they said at the end that they had to think about making money for Disney. I would almost like a borderline PG-13/R movie that shows the darkness of the universe. Sith stabbing people with lightsabers and **** before the Jedi save the day. ESB was NOT a kiddy movie. It was just a really fantastic film, which is what I would prefer. Hopefully my small fears are unfounded.

You are probably in the minority. I understand pg-13, but borderline rated R just doesn't fit. It would feel as odd as many of Lucas's bad decisions with the prequels. And besides it being out of place, Disney world indeed lose millions... Like 100 + million in ticket sales for people just like me who would no longer show up with 3 kids, not to mention the loss of "toys" revenue.
hunter2012
AG
so question with just a few days to, would it be worth it to watch the Clone Wars and Rebels. My Tickets aren't until sunday so I think I can make time, though with obvious binging... Are either worth watching?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
yes
hunter2012
AG
quote:
yes
I assume that's for me. So i'll start right away...
maca1028
I just came on here to ask the same question
AliasMan02
AG
Find a good viewing guide for Clone Wars that emphasizes just the main stories. Thst probably cuts your viewing down by 40% All of Rebels is worthwhile.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:

The minister at my church says this stained glass in our narthex is a depiction of Genesis 3:24. I'm not so sure of that, as it is clearly Leia using green, blue and purple(!) Force powers to combat a red Sith lightsaber.
This is how you know you're pumped for Star Wars.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Thanks and gig 'em.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Dear God!

The Collective
AG
Damn. Finn is going to get his ass kicked.
birdman
Clone Wars cartoon is good. Rebels is great.
The Collective
AG
Clone Wars is pretty good, but I agree with the above on getting a episode guide. You can definitely skip some episodes. Rebels is very well done... don't feel like there is much waste in that show.
twilly
AG
Bloomberg Business article:

STAR WARS - Return of the Revenue
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Clone Wars is pretty good, but I agree with the above on getting a episode guide. You can definitely skip some episodes. Rebels is very well done... don't feel like there is much waste in that show.
For TCW, I'd generally recommend skipping the Jar Jar and Padme episodes. Probably one of the only pertinent arc that Padme shows up in is the arc dealing with the banking clan in season 6. Remember that TCW episodes recapped events at the start.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
On the 3rd day till Sithmas, my true love sent to me
Ten Sith Lords leaping,
Nine Ewoks dancing,
Eight handmaidens milking,
Seven Gungans swimming,
Six buns a Leia,
FIVE GOLD(en) LEADERS,
Four falling Mauls,
Three Nerf herders,
Two Rancor-dragons
and a Poe Dameron in a Force tree.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
FYI, the Collider movie guys, who may actually rival MuckRaker as Star Wars uber nerds, are attending the premiere tonight. They'll be posting videos on their instagram throughout the night, and will be posting their spoiler-free reactions and review on YouTube right after the movie. I'll post a link once it's up for those interested.

These guys also rival TCTTS in their hatred for the prequels, so their review will be very telling. If it gets a positive review from them, you can take it to the bank that we've got a great Star Wars film to look forward to.

https://www.instagram.com/collidervideo/

https://www.youtube.com/user/ColliderVideos/videos
Mr. White
quote:
FYI, the Collider movie guys, who may actually rival MuckRaker as Star Wars uber nerds, are attending the premiere tonight. They'll be posting videos on their instagram throughout the night, and will be posting their spoiler-free reactions and review on YouTube right after the movie. I'll post a link once it's up for those interested.

These guys also rival TCTTS in their hatred for the prequels, so their review will be very telling. If it gets a positive review from them, you can take it to the bank that we've got a great Star Wars film to look forward to.

https://www.instagram.com/collidervideo/

https://www.youtube.com/user/ColliderVideos/videos
What's everyone else doing while going dark until they see the movie?

Read
Rake leaves
Fix grill
Vacuum both cars

what else.....? hmmm.....
The Collective
AG
quote:
These guys also rival TCTTS in their hatred for the prequels

Sound like good folks.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
I don't know man... he evades that spin move like a pro!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Visit StarWars.com at 5:30 p.m. PT (8:30 p.m. ET) on 12/14 for in-depth interviews with the cast and creators of Star Wars: The Force Awakens, live from the world premiere in Los Angeles. Hosts Andi Gutierrez, Anthony Carboni, and David Collins will be reporting on all the action, talking to stars and fans on a day that will be long remembered.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
quote:
Kylo learned from Vader. Spinning is a good trick!
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
What's everyone else doing while going dark until they see the movie?
I'm not personally going dark, but I'm treading lightly. I know none of the regulars posting here are going to ruin anything so I feel safe here. I don't really go anywhere else other than the Collider guys on youtube so I should be OK.

But to answer your question, I started reading Armada (same guy that wrote Ready Player One) and started playing Dark Souls II on the XB1 so I got plenty to keep me busy besides the wife/kids. Armada will also be with me on Thursday since I'll be at the theater 2 hours early.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:
Kylo learned from Little Orphan Annie. Spinning is a good trick!
FIFY
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:
These guys also rival TCTTS in their hatred for the prequels

Sound like good folks.
Seconded.
Flashdiaz
AG
I hope we find out why Han's blaster has a big scope on it:

First Page Last Page
Page 308 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.