Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,860,290 Views | 43820 Replies | Last: 4 min ago by The Porkchop Express
MSFC Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
So, just got back from the doc and found out that I have my very first kidney stone. Great timing. May the force be with me.
Having been through one myself.....T&P to you.......and may the force be with you
MSFC Aggie
AG
quote:
Agreed. Surely they've taken every precaution to ensure that this is one of the best conversions ever. I really wish I was able to see it on a laser projection, though. Unfortunately, those tickets sold out instantaneously. Got the second best thing, which is the Dome at The ArcLight...

That looks like a showing of It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World.....that would have been awesome to attend
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Tell me they made that dome a Death Star.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
Not to sound like a broken record, but Avatar. Saw it in both formats. The 3D was absolutely an improvement. (Granted it was filmed in 3D, so it's not quite the same.)

And yes, Clash of the Titans was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. Legitimately the closest I've ever come to walking out of the theater.
Well now we have to come to the loggerheads where I tell you that I didn't like Avatar at all and haven't seen it since.
Simplebay
AG
simplequeef and SO will also be at Edwards MarqE too. No more full frame IMAX, they "upgraded" apparently to digital, so i dont actually know if it goes full frame anymore.

i know 100% it did a few years ago, TDK in particuarly, blown away at that IMAX.

Also i hate 3D. but i wanted that huge screen over a 2d smaller, which ill be seeing the next night.
Donald Glover
AG
Came here to post about how pissed I am that I just figured out I was seeing it in 3D but i guess y'all have already covered that. I freaking hate 3D so this made me slightly less excited than I was
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Seeing it at Alamo Drafthouse in 2D.

I'll see it in a better theater after the holidays, but wanted to see it with a lively crowd first and Alamo is usually good for that.
AliasMan02
AG
Just chiming in as another person seeing it in 3D to get the IMAX experience, but hoping to see it again later in 2D.
mazag08
AG
Sitting in the exact middle of the 3d xd theater at cinemark college station.

Tickets were so much easier and cheaper in the motherland. And I still have a house there.. so it was a no brainer.

Plus it's after all the idiots are gone for christmas.
birdman
quote:
So, just got back from the doc and found out that I have my very first kidney stone. Great timing. May the force be with me.
More like "May I force this through me?" Amiright?
jr15aggie
AG
Aggie football continues to make me sick... Even on a random Thursday... Doesn't matter.... Nothing can stop the Star Wars hype train!
Knife_Party
In honor of the nearing end of the countdown, I present, The Imperial March.

https://vid.me/TAPW
Duncan Idaho
quote:
Sitting in the exact middle of the 3d xd theater at cinemark college station.

Tickets were so much easier and cheaper in the motherland. And I still have a house there.. so it was a no brainer.

Plus it's after all the idiots are gone for christmas.

The Townies that post on aggie land leave town for Christmas?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Saw TDK there. Incredible.
HeadGames
AG
The ArcLight is great, I always go there when I visit my sister in Hollywood. We either go to that theater or one of the smaller theaters near Los Feliz close to PopKillers. The only downside to ArcLight is the price per ticket. I want to say It was almost $20! Either way, not cheap.
amercer
AG
quote:
Aggie football continues to make me sick... Even on a random Thursday... Doesn't matter.... Nothing can stop the Star Wars hype train!

I just came over here to point out that even in the offseason A&M football drives me to this thread.
TCTTS
AG
Before it's all said and done it sounds like the Entertainment board could be the most sane/enjoyable place on TexAgs.
Mr. White
quote:
Before it's all said and done it sounds like the Entertainment board could be the most sane/enjoyable place on TexAgs.

So true
512Ag
AG
Kyle Allen transferring, leaving us with Murray as the starter?

Hold me.

jeffk
AG
We all gots the Aggie football Star Wars feels tonight.
TCTTS
AG
That said, if TFA end up sucking, there will be no where safe...
512Ag
AG
jr15aggie
AG
I just saw Creed exactly, to the minute, 1 week before Star Wars... Same theater, same everything... 1 week.

Creed... Rocky is my most beloved franchise next to Star Wars.

I am so fired up right now!!!

I'm ready!
Sex Panther
AG
I'm so depressed right now. Star Wars and the entertainment board are the only things that can cheer me up at this point.
Sex Panther
AG
And also Fixer Upper
Duncan Idaho
quote:

Sounds like something a liberal from kalifornia would say /politics board

Damn student living in my neighborhood /aggirland

The bible told me hate this movie/religion

Dip this movie/auto

Rule #1 /general

What size yeti did you bring to the movie /outdoor.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
What size yeti did you bring to the movie /outdoor.
Duncan Idaho
Yeah that is probably more fitting.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Yeah that is probably more fitting.
Well, the other option is a place of which we don't speak of so....
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Kyle Ren
jeffk
AG
Left with Kyler Solo.
Urban Ag
AG

Kevin Calrissian: You don't understand....the Murray's, they showed up before you did.......Daylon.......Boyd......they all said they'd go to tu..........I had no choice........
amercer
AG
This deal is getting worse all the time
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
That said, if TFA end up sucking, there will be no where safe...
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I created my account in 2002 to post the following, a mash-up of A&M's offense and Return of the Jedi that I wrote in my head one morning on the way to work.

In light of A&M's dazzling 156-yard effort Saturday against Virginia Tech, I present this dramatic recreation of a key scene from the 1983 film Return of the Jedi, starring Texas A&M offensive coordinator Dino Babers as Darth Vader and a disenfranchised Aggie fan and season ticket holder as Luke Skywalker.

INTERIOR, ATHLETIC OFFICES TAMU

Stormtroopers Dustin Long and Reggie McNeal bring a handcuffed season ticket holder into a long hallway, where Lord Babers awaits.

Long: "This is the two-percenter that surrendered to us. Although he denies it, I believe there may be more of them and I request permission to conduct a further search of the Northgate area."

Babers: "Good work, backup/starter/thirdstring, conduct your search and bring his companions to me."

The troopers depart, leaving Babers and and the season ticket holder alone in the hallway.

Babers: "The Slocumperor is expecting you."

Ticket Holder: "I know ... loser."

Babers: "So, you have accepted the truth."

Ticket Holder: "I've accepted the truth that you were once Dino Babers, a competent offensive coordinator."

Babers (turning to face him quickly): "That name no longer has any meaning to me."

Ticket Holder: "It is the name of your true self. You've only forgotten. I know there is still innovation in you, the Slocumperor hasn't driven it from you fully. That was why you couldn't lose the Gallery Furniture.com Bowl ... that is why you won't bring me to your Slocumperor now."

Darth Babers looks down from the ticket holder to the ragged 12th Man towel in his own black-gloved hand. He seems to ponder his words. Babers lifts the 12th Man towel above his head and slowly waves it.

Babers: "I see you have held on to your old 12th Man. Your faith is complete (he lowers the towel). Indeed you are a sucker, as the Slocumperor has forseen."

Ticket Holder: "Come with me."

Babers: "Steve Kragthorpe once thought as you do. You don't know the power of the draw play on third and long. I MUST obey my master."

Ticket Holder: "I will not watch ... and you'll be forced to take away my season tickets."

Babers: "If that is your destiny."

Ticket Holder: "Search your feelings, loser. You can't do this! I feel the innovation within you, let go of your hate."

Ticket Holder: "It is too late for me, Army. The Slocumperor will show you the true nature of the conservative offense. He is your master now."

Ticket Holder and Babers stand staring at one another for a long moment.

Ticket Holder: "Then my alma mater is truly dead."

First Page Last Page
Page 303 of 1253

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.