Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,204 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Each passing day, somehow it feels like the movie is farther away.
double aught
AG
So are you guys glad now that the movie got pushed back to December? If it had been released in the summer, all this hype and anticipation would be long gone now.

Like an ancestor of mine said, "Having is not so pleasing as wanting."
TCTTS
AG
Was always for it (as many here will begrudgingly attest).
aarjon
I think Spock said something similar to that
Duncan Idaho
I am assuming you guys have Googled "a long time ago in a galaxy far far away "
hurleyag
AG
Now I have! Thanks for the heads up, that is awesome!
GCRanger
AG
I just get search results about the Easter egg.
Texaggie7nine
make sure you are on www.google.com and not just your home page with a google search bar.
Also make sure you include the 2nd "far" in it.
7nine
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I honestly figured it would end up being pushed to May 2016.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Hah. I'm sure this happened.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:
https://i.imgur.com/lDGLgy1.jpg

This is not the worst idea ever.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
quote:

I talked to a guy once that said he tried to do this but couldn't... he would have to buy all the tickets and also account for the loss of concessions to the theater. Theaters won't allow you to just buy the tickets, but also spend at least the same amount and probably more on concessions.
The Collective
AG
quote:
I talked to a guy once that said he tried to do this but couldn't... he would have to buy all the tickets and also account for the loss of concessions to the theater. Theaters won't allow you to just buy the tickets, but also spend at least the same amount and probably more on concessions.

I was thinking the same. You'd have to "lie" to the theater and tell them that you want to buyout a whole show without revealing the fact that you don't intend to give the tickets to others.
AggieChemist
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

This is not necessarily true.

I asked about "renting" a theatre for my son's birthday party. They told me I could buy all the seats, and that was the only option.
Texaggie7nine
Well i guess it would depend on the popularity of the movie. If it's a movie that has been out awhile. They may see more revenue from selling out the theater with fewer people as opposed to just selling some tickets and getting the concessions from it.

Though, from what I remember reading an article on it awhile back, I think Theaters make practically nothing in profit from ticket sales. They mainly live off concession revenue.
7nine
The Collective
AG
quote:
Though, from what I remember reading an article on it awhile back, I think Theaters make practically nothing in profit from ticket sales. They mainly live off concession revenue.

Yep.
FarmerJohn
AG
It probably depends on the theater manager more than anything. If I was a manager and someone wanted to buy all the seats for a show that I might sell a quarter of them, I would be very receptive. But not for Star Wars where I know I won't have any problem selling every last seat anyways.
tamusc
AG
wangus12
AG
birdman
Another thing I'd love to see. Chewie looking after Rey like a daughter. Whether she is Luke or Han's child, Chewie will protect her at all costs. It would be cool way to tie the generations together by having him go to hell and back to save her.
TCTTS
AG
You just might get your wish. If not in this movie, the next.
wangus12
AG
If Chewie dies, we RIOT!
The Collective
AG
quote:
If Chewie dies, we RIOT!

I am actually afraid to be in a theater on opening night with Chewie getting off'ed.
AliasMan02
AG
FYI, fellow Star Warriors, the new TFA version of the core set of the X-Wing miniatures game is WAY on sale at the moment at Miniature Market. $18.

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/ffgswx36.html

I've never seen it cheaper. Even the core set, with no expansions, is a very fun skirmish game to play, and is kid-friendly. The second place player at the world championship this year was 14, and people regularly play with kids as young as 8 or 9. Unlike most board games, this game is never the same twice. The hand-painted models are absolutely top notch. I highly, highly recommend it if your'e looking for a game to play with family over the holidays.
Karrde
AG
Warning though, X Wing is very addicting, and can be hard on the pocketbook (because why would you get 1 TIE Interceptor when you can get 8?)

Also worth noting that the top two at world's both included Poe in their squads.
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
If Chewie dies, we RIOT!
InnerCityAg
quote:
quote:
There are a **** load of China men that werent able to see gone with the wind

Chinamen is not the preferred nomenclature, Dude.

They are what they are.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
double aught
AG
Turned on my navigation tonight and this came up. Thought you guys would appreciate it.

Keegan99
AG
You're supposed to switch OFF your targeting computer.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:

Rofl!
RebAg13
AG
Holy crap that new trailer. Getting married on the 19th and just told my fiance im counting down to star wars instead of our wedding.
RebAg13
AG

Y'all enjoy. Happy thanksgiving.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
EPIC.
double aught
AG
quote:
First Page Last Page
Page 275 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.