Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,187 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
jr15aggie
AG
quote:

Nice HD close-up of the staff... now where is that button that turns it on?
The Collective
AG
Force activated
wangus12
AG
Dammit she is a Jedi!
jabberwalkie09
AG
Is it me, or does the Falcon have the OT dish on top of it? And also isn't it mirrored?
AliasMan02
AG
Good catch. It certainly does.
save ferris
AG
quote:
quote:

Nice HD close-up of the staff... now where is that button that turns it on?

The end of the staff that's showing is this picture definitely looks to be an emitter for a lightsaber.
Flashdiaz
AG
quote:
And also isn't it mirrored?
i thought the same thing
Flashdiaz
AG
quote:
quote:

her belt looks like Han's
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
https://instagr.am/p/-eRyN5FE8G
Malachi Constant
AG
Does she find the staff on the downed star destroyer?
Malachi Constant
AG
Like one of these? Sorry if this question has been asked.

Keegan99
AG
Is that fan art?

Please start captioning instead of just posting images.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Like one of these? Sorry if this question has been asked.

I was just joking because many of us have thought her staff is a lightsaber of some sort. It's said to "just be a staff". We'll find out in a few weeks. A FEW WEEKS!!!
wangus12
AG
That port on the end of the staff has to be an emitter of some sort. And she has it prior to the Star Destroyer
mazag08
AG
Can we get a graphic of Anakin / Luke's lightsaber? Could it be possible that she stumbled upon, didn't know what it was, used it to complete her staff, and its the bottom part of her staff in that picture?
hurleyag
AG
You mean the lightsaber Finn has?
mazag08
AG
I know its likely a bad theory..

But is there any evidence that Rey has her staff and Finn has the light saber at the same time?
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Can we get a graphic of Anakin / Luke's lightsaber? Could it be possible that she stumbled upon, didn't know what it was, used it to complete her staff, and its the bottom part of her staff in that picture?
Taken from wookiepedia:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Anakin/Luke's_lightsaber

Given the top of the hilt (or whatever it is called in the SWU), I'm pretty confident in saying that Luke/Anakin's lightsaber is not part of Rey's staff.

However, Darth Maul's saber on the other hand.... Looks similar.

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Really hoping Luke's first line of the movie is, "Hey, what the fuch are you doing with my lightsaber?"
jeffk
AG
quote:
Really hoping Luke's first line of the movie is, "Hey, what the fuch are you doing with my lightsaber?"

"That's not a stupid staff, you dumb sand wench."
Legal Custodian
AG
You know, I was very hesitant when they first showed the Kylo's lightsaber 6 months ago or so. But now when I'm looking at the posters and teasers, I'm like "of course that's what lightsabers look like". Crazy how that happens.
AliasMan02
AG
quote:

Said in Joker voice.
hurleyag
AG
We have seen who we presume to be Maz hand the lightsaber to another female in the trailer. Can't recall if it was Leia or Rey.

Going with your theory, I suppose Maz can see Rey's staff and notice the end is actually the lightsaber, and then tell Rey "sorry, but I think Finn would be better off with this."
jr15aggie
AG
I think another good theory that I've heard (not sure if it was here or elsewhere)... but her staff really is just a staff, but she knows how to use it as seen in some pics/videos we've seen. So when she constructs her own lightsaber it will be a Darth Maul type.
TCTTS
AG
That shot is Maz handing Luke's lightsaber to Leia.

And I think it's the opposite, actually. Maz tells Rey she should have the lightsaber, that it's her destiny, etc, but Rey denies it. I'm sticking with my reluctant hero theory. Rey won't accept her destiny - i.e. the lightsaber - 'til the very end of the movie.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Is that fan art?

Please start captioning instead of just posting images.

It's a fan edit using the Empire cover shots. Not sure why that matters though.
TCTTS
AG
wangus12
AG
Really never expected it to be anything other than PG-13. We are so damn close
bangobango
AG
quote:
I think another good theory that I've heard (not sure if it was here or elsewhere)... but her staff really is just a staff, but she knows how to use it as seen in some pics/videos we've seen. So when she constructs her own lightsaber it will be a Darth Maul type.
Yep. If she ends up being a jedi then I don't think she will use a regular light saber.
birdman
I haven't read anything about it, just random guessing from trailers. Is there a no-spoiler agreement on this thread? I'm enjoying the thread, but can avoid it for next three weeks.

I think Rey is Luke's daughter. The clip with her tinkering in the desert reminds me of Luke. She also gazes into distance with wanderlust, just like Luke. I agree that she modifies a staff that she previously used.

I think it's her Aunt Leia handing her the light saber. I was hoping Luke would continue as a Yoda type character, but maybe he gets killed. Or he literally and figuratively passes the baton to next generation.

I don't think she is reluctant hero. I believe they've been living a calm life. But she is consumed with it, that's why she climbs into the destroyer to scavenge. But bad guys attack them out of nowhere and she gets thrown into the mix, which is what she always wanted. Maybe they are wiping out everybody. I'm thinking it's more like Egypt killing first born sons. They are trying to kill off Jedi before they can grow up.

All of my guesses will probably look pretty stupid in three weeks. That's okay, it's fun to speculate.
bangobango
AG
quote:
I haven't read anything about it, just random guessing from trailers. Is there a no-spoiler agreement on this thread? I'm enjoying the thread, but can avoid it for next three weeks.

I think Rey is Luke's daughter. The clip with her tinkering in the desert reminds me of Luke. She also gazes into distance with wanderlust, just like Luke. I agree that she modifies a staff that she previously used.

I think it's her Aunt Leia handing her the light saber. I was hoping Luke would continue as a Yoda type character, but maybe he gets killed. Or he literally and figuratively passes the baton to next generation.

I don't think she is reluctant hero. I believe they've been living a calm life. But she is consumed with it, that's why she climbs into the destroyer to scavenge. But bad guys attack them out of nowhere and she gets thrown into the mix, which is what she always wanted. Maybe they are wiping out everybody. I'm thinking it's more like Egypt killing first born sons. They are trying to kill off Jedi before they can grow up.

All of my guesses will probably look pretty stupid in three weeks. That's okay, it's fun to speculate.

I like your guesses and agree with them. I think if Luke has a child, one of them will probably be Rey. I think the bad guys will be hunting potential Jedi for some reason, too.

However, I do think Rey will have some sort of block that she must overcome before she allows the force to "awaken" in her.
mazag08
AG
quote:
quote:

I like your guesses and agree with them. I think if Luke has a child, one of them will probably be Rey. I think the bad guys will be hunting potential Jedi for some reason, too.

However, I do think Rey will have some sort of block that she must overcome before she allows the force to "awaken" in her.
I could help her clear her mind
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
quote:
Yep. If she ends up being a jedi then I don't think she will use a regular light saber.
I can see this going either way honestly. If you have watched TCW, in season 5 we see Jedi Temple Guards for the first time and they use a similar style of double bladed lightsaber that Maul used.

If Rey ends up using her staff at some point in the film and she is comfortable with it, I could see this type being used. Though, I find it more likely that if she ends up using a lightsaber they will giver her a more traditional one that we are all accustomed to seeing. Though I guess she could also use a pike styled lightsaber. Aren't there some examples of that in the EU? That's something new we haven't seen in canon yet AFAIK.
TCTTS
AG
Just realized the first teaser was released a year and two days ago. It really does feel like yesterday. Somehow the next three weeks are going to feel longer than this past year.
First Page Last Page
Page 274 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.