Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,896 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by TCTTS
wangus12
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:

This is awesome. That chick is a looker as well.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
Seeing as you're the resident expert, do you mind explaining to me the purpose of Dooku telling Obi-Wan about Darth Sidious on Geonosis? Was that part of their plan, for Obi-Wan to learn that the Sith were back in power, or was it a play to try to turn him and overthrow Palps together?

This part has never sat right with me, I just don't get it.
all my info is from the novelizations of AOTC, ROTS, and the yoda/dooku Dark Rendezvous novel and Darth Plagueis, the best novel of the prequel era for me.

so Dooku leaves the order to pursue the second sith, whomever might be, as he's already convinced Maul is the apprentice. Shortly thereafter, Sidious contacts him, and just talks to him, via hologram, and then I guess reveals that he's also palpatine, who dooku was buddies with, and who dooku is seen in DP to at least suspect he might be a sith.

they agree even before the revelation that the republic needs to be remade and that it'll take something massive like a civil war. Palps teaches Dooku a lot about the dark side - dooku has always known there was more power there than the Jedi were teaching him, but as his apprenticeship continues, he is painfully aware that Palps is holding out on him; not teaching him everything, and since he's already old as dirt, he knows he's just a placeholder, especially when he is aware of how much time Palpy is spending with Anakin.

To that end, Dooku starts to think, I could run this boat by myself if I had someone reliable to take out Sidious with me. His first choice would have been Qui-Gon, who as he says, knew all about the corruption, etc., Of course QGJ is DOA by AOTC (U C?) so he goes to the next best thing.

Of course, he has to hedge his bets, he just can't say to Obi-Wan, "Oh hey, yeah the Dark Lord of the SIth lives 20 minutes from the Jedi Temple, you friggin' idiots." SO he does the whole "senate under control, blah blah." to see if Obi-Wan will switch teams (not that way, stop thinking that, it's gross).
Obi-wan is too loyal though, so Dooku says CYA.

But even in the novelization of ROTS, which is just magnificent, he still wants Obi-Wan on board. He's no dummy, he knows his fight with Anakin is a Palpy-orchestrated thing to see who's more powerful. But he wants to sub out Ani for Obi as "Sith sidekick in training" because he still believes if he's ever going to rule the galaxy, it'll have to be with an apprentice of his own who can help him take out the big man.

Global Warming
quote:
quote:
Star Wars Battlefront came out tonight. I believe they said they would explain the battle for Jakku in the game. If anyone finds the campaign video or description of what took place that's not the sucky one on wookiepedia. hook me up!

We finally get to the real villain... global warming.
Not cool.
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
quote:
so Dooku leaves the order to pursue the second sith, whomever might be, as he's already convinced Maul is the apprentice
So Dooku was a Jedi until the end of Phantom Menace and set out on his own to find the other Sith and ending up turning?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Interesting. Makes sense.
RebAg13
AG
Anyone have thoughts that Snoke might be Plaguis?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yes. Many people suspect this.
Duncan Idaho
quote:
quote:

This is awesome. That chick is a looker as well.

Good to know the rebels aren't going hungry
The Collective
AG
I'm going to edit this. I was half kidding but now looking around, it may actually be possible.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Anyone have thoughts that Snoke might be Plaguis?
Some people are becoming almost 100% convinced he is Plaguis (though they don't know for sure). I believe the most telling thing for these people is Serkis's comments about how his character is tall and his face is such that you couldn't do it with prosthetics.

I'm 50/50 I guess. I'm not sure they would use a character that for most people was a forgettable name drop in Episode III (plus I heard they are avoiding as much from the prequels as possible). But on the other hand, might be the best way to bring the Sith back into play... introduce the guy that trained & was later betrayed and thought killed by Palps.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Has anyone considered Snoke being a force ghost? Maybe the Sith can do it, too.
mazag08
AG
I'm still holding out hope that Snoke is Thrawn.

MSFC Aggie
AG
quote:
...introduce the guy that trained & was later betrayed and thought killed by Palps.
Is there no evidence to Palp offing Plag? Seems like it's just speculation....but you see it mentioned alot on the interwebs.
TajMaballer
AG
Does this thread make it to 10K before the premiere?
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Does this thread make it to 10K before the premiere?
I haven't actually been paying attention to the post count, but at least the thread has reached this point:

In all seriousness, I wouldn't be surprised if it does.
The Collective
AG
This thread is going to explode during the week that the movie comes out.
The Collective
AG
Any thoughts on what trailers will play before TFA?
jabberwalkie09
AG
quote:
Any thoughts on what trailers will play before TFA?
From what I have read two of them are just about guaranteed to be Captain America: Civil War and X-Men: Apocalypse. Also considering that since all the marketing hype for TFA has taken off, any news or tidbits regarding Rogue One has been pretty much non-existent. I think we are primed for a teaser for that.
TCTTS
AG
The final trailer for Batman v Superman is probably debuting over Thanksgiving w/ Creed, but if not, it'll be with TFA too. There's also a teaser trailer for Star Trek: Beyond almost ready to go, but I can't tell if it'd be bold or dumb to pair with Star Wars. Either way, same scenario as BvS. If it doesn't hit at Thanksgiving, it'll most likely be with TFA.

As for Rogue One, I'm wondering how they're going to play that. We'll likely get a teaser, but I'm thinking it'll be an end-credits kind of thing rather than putting it before TFA. I don't know if it's a smart move to advertise another Star Wars movie before the one the audience is about to see.
jabberwalkie09
AG
I think this is going to be the last big screen Star Trek film for some time. Showing it before what will undoubtedly be the biggest movie of the year, can't help but feel like a mistake.

Good point about Rogue One. Maybe that will hit in May with Cap 3 then? Actually now that I think about it, that is a more likely outcome.
Duncan Idaho
Each movies respective spot on the star wars time line would make a post credit scene forced and difficult
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Wild guess: they premiere the Rogue One teaser on Super Bowl Sunday.
TCTTS
AG
They've already set a fourth Trek movie for 2019.

And yeah, there will absolutely be a Rogue One trailer with Cap 3, it's just whether or not it's the first trailer.
TCTTS
AG
It doesn't have to be the same model as Marvel. An end-credit tag for another Star Wars movie doesn't mean it necessarily has to come next chronologically.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/afi-postpones-awards-announcement-consider-841050
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
What the galactic ****?
BMX Bandit
5 year old comes home from school today and says:

"John's dad has a friend that is helping to make The Force Awakens. He already knows that ______________"

(What I'd consider a minor spoiler, but big plot point if true in the "blank" above)

Do I kill John? Beat up the dad? Switch schools?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
John Connor?
BMX Bandit
Sorry, tried to change the name in off chance someone knew him. Forgot to do it second time!
TCTTS
AG
WHOA!

TCTTS
AG
LOVE this spot, but does anyone else find it weird that the word "hell" exists in this world?
TCTTS
AG
Boyega's American accent is definitely on point, though.
Flashdiaz
AG
quote:
LOVE this spot, but does anyone else find it weird that the word "hell" exists in this world?

I found it a bit odd in empire strikes back as well
TCTTS
AG
Must have forgotten that.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Hell yes. Though a stormtrooper fighting a lightsaber user hand to hand is weird.
First Page Last Page
Page 266 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.