Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,686 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by TCTTS
Brian Earl Spilner
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Happy birthday, Boba Fett.! Holiday Special aired today in 1978.
Saxsoon
AG
We are having a life day party at my place tonight with the RiffTrax recording. Never seen it before but I think tonight is going to be a great night.
10thYrSr
There was an old sith in the EU who would use the force to "flicker" his saber so it would turn off right before colliding with another saber and turn back on immediately after so that his strikes could not be blocked.
amercer
AG
When will the movie get a rating?
wangus12
AG
Watching Episode I with the girlfriend. Just my anticipation of the TFA helps with simply enjoying a Star Wars movie.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
No idea, but does it really matter if it's PG or PG13? Will anyone actually not let their kids watch?
BMX Bandit
You'd be surprised how many people let that rating dictate their decisions
TXAG 05
AG
quote:

And that's another thing wrong with people today.
wangus12
AG
quote:
When will the movie get a rating?
It'll be rated A. For Amazing, Awesome, Ass-kicking
The Collective
AG
quote:

Well, I think most people with little kids will have an idea of how dark the movie is based on the rating. So, it will be a pretty good indicator for me if my kid is ready or not. Of course, I will watch the movie myself and make a judgment. I do think movies are made PG-13 a little too easily these days.
S.A.Aggie2006
AG
I still enjoy Phantom Menace. I can't stand the 2nd and the only scene I really enjoy in the ROTS is the Palps vs Mace fight scene. I know Phantom Menace had alot of CGI but i feel like the other two were void of sets all together.
Texaggie7nine
When I watch TPM I grow more and more convinced that Jake LLoyds family had naked pictures of Lucas.
7nine
SwigAg11
AG
quote:
When I watch TPM I grow more and more convinced that Jake LLoyds family had naked pictures of Lucas.
double aught
AG
Yippee!
Atreides Ornithopter
AG
My boys are 4 and 6. They saw 4-6 this summer. I will not let them see ROTS for a few years, not because it is PG-13, but because it is much darker in tone than the others. The good guy became bad. No parent should blindly walk into a PG-13 movie with a 6 year old. Even if it gets a PG rating I will see the movie first and then decide on my own whether I will take them. Then it is a second showing for me.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
I remember watching the bonus DVD material when TPM came out... They showed footage of the Anakin auditions. There was this blond hair kid that was absolutely NAILS for the part. A year or two older than Jake was and he was perfect. Of course Lucas found a reason to go with somebody else (probably because his script already included "yippie" and the other kid wasn't corny enough).

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
The problem with AOTC carries on the problem of TPM - the beginning is confusing as hell if you weren't a Star Wars fan reading up about the movies before they came out.

Amidala is the leader of the movement opposing the Republic's creation of an Army.
She almost gets killed on the landing platform.

She suspects Count Dooku ... why? If she gets her way, the Republic doesn't get an army. If a war breaks out, and the Sepratists have an army, but the Republic doesn't, Dooku should be buying Amidala a new car, not trying to kill her.

After she almost gets killed again - and why Jango Fett gets hired for a bounty, and then hires someone else to do it, well riddle me that for the rest of my life, the Jedi and Palps decide she should go into hiding, but not at say, a secure location, or a base, but on her HOME PLANET WHERE SHE GREW UP. Where there are almost no weapons, few defenses, and every person there knows what she looks like.

But it's OK, they're going to send a Jedi with her to protect her from all these threats. Yes! That makes sense! Send her along with a guy who has been a Jedi for 10 years and is the only Knight in living history to defeat a Sith in single combat, Obi-Wan is a perfect choic.... what? wait, you're NOT sending Obi-Wan? He's going to go on a wild goose chase that ultimately ends up with him getting capture and doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING FOR THE WHOLE MOVIE? Who are you sending instead? What? The Padawan? The Padawan who is letting his emotions get the best of him from the SECOND he hears he's going to see this chick? But hey, yeah, let's put them alone together for enormous amounts of time. 19-year-old boys are awesome at controlling their hormones in situations like that.

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
quote:
I remember watching the bonus DVD material when TPM came out... They showed footage of the Anakin auditions. There was this blond hair kid that was absolutely NAILS for the part. A year or two older than Jake was and he was perfect. Of course Lucas found a reason to go with somebody else (probably because his script already included "yippie" and the other kid wasn't corny enough).

The blonde kid was a bit older, so it would have been quite a bit less creepy. Plus, he's better. You could do a magnificent RiffTrax of this 10 minutes .

I swear to God, Rick McCallum gained 200 pounds during the prequels.
MSFC Aggie
AG
SIAP, but I wasn't aware of these R2 cameos

Where's R2?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
quote:

Well, I think most people with little kids will have an idea of how dark the movie is based on the rating. So, it will be a pretty good indicator for me if my kid is ready or not. Of course, I will watch the movie myself and make a judgment. I do think movies are made PG-13 a little too easily these days.
Kids will be ready for Star Wars the day they're born.

HTH.
amercer
AG
I'm taking my 8 year old daughter either way, but I would kind of like to know what to expect. Off the top of my head I'm not sure she's seen a PG13 movie. I don't think I could tell the difference between PG and PG13 if I was just watching a movie, but maybe it's a bigger jump for her. After watching the 6 movies and Rebels there is no turning back though
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Every time I see the TPM documentary, I wish they'd gone with the older blonde kid. They even show a comparison picture of him with Luke and the resemblance is uncanny.
MSFC Aggie
AG
Depends on the kid too. My 8 year-old would probably run out of the theater, while my 6 year-old would sit there and laugh.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Seeing as you're the resident expert, do you mind explaining to me the purpose of Dooku telling Obi-Wan about Darth Sidious on Geonosis? Was that part of their plan, for Obi-Wan to learn that the Sith were back in power, or was it a play to try to turn him and overthrow Palps together?

This part has never sat right with me, I just don't get it.
tamusc
AG
quote:
Wow, things have been a little rough for him after TPM
The Collective
AG
quote:
Kids will be ready for Star Wars the day they're born.

That's fair. And I defended showing the OT to my kids at a young age from the standpoint that kids do not watch movies through the same lenses we do. When we as adults see something incredibly dark, kids probably won't process that. Empire impacted me differently at 4 then it did at 10. That doesn't mean that I'd wait until my kid is 10 to show it to him.

Where I draw the line is the Mustafar scene in ROTS. My son doesn't really grasp the gravity of guys getting blasted and "falling down" or ships / planets being blown up, but I think seeing a person barbequed is a little much for him. Scenes like that are why I prescreen movies. I imagine that scene alone made ROTS PG-13.

Sigh. So many edits...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Yeah, that's probably the one scene in the saga that I could see being too much for really young kids, but that's about it. Unless of course these new stormtroopers are gonna be using those flamethrowers to barbeque people to a crisp a-la Ani and his step-siblings on Tatooine.
Texags is garbage
quote:
quote:

Looks like they made the right choice after all.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
quote:
Sheesh... sounds like Jake wishes George had chosen the other kid too!

In that article he makes a comment about having to do 60 interviews in a day... if that is true, then there needs to be parents and/or agents stepping in and saying no cause that is insane.
The Collective
AG
I feel bad for him. I probably would have had an Ani soundboard on the ready to prank call him if we were in school together.
Texaggie7nine
All that searching for a craptastic acting job. Then again, it could just be George's horrendous directing of actors.
7nine
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Somebody needs to photoshop in a dark hood over his head.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
double aught
AG
quote:
quote:
Lloyd sped up and according to TMZ eventually reached 117 miles per hour as he led police on a chase that ended with Lloyd crashing into a tree.
Now this is pod racing!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Should've tried spinning, that's a good trick.
First Page Last Page
Page 265 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.