Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,988 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by TCTTS
Hagen95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Agreed. Very Knoxian.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Exactly 7 weeks from today. Home stretch!

fig96
AG
My bad, hadn't seen it till now and thought I checked the date.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Translation from Spanish for Before the Awakening book. A very minor insight into Finn's character.

Before they united in the fight against evil, Rey, Poe and Finn led very different lives. Rey was a lone scavenger on the desert planet of Jakku. Poe was a pilot for the Republic. And Finn was only FN-2187, a promising but reluctant stormtrooper. These are their stories. This is what happened before the Awakening."
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I wonder if "Finn" is just a nickname based off his Stormtrooper designation, and not his real name.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
What the ****? Well this is disappointing.

http://screencrush.com/star-wars-the-force-awakens-imax-theaters/

I bought a ticket for the one true, 70mm IMAX in NYC, and it's not even showing the movie in the format. What is the point of filming it in 70mm and not actually show it in that format in all 70mm theaters?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
And the new laser projector goes in in January. Yeah, great timing there, idiots.

quote:
AMC's Loews Lincoln Square theater in New York City has a 70mm IMAX theater, but recently removed its film projector to make way for the installation of something called "IMAX with laser," IMAX's "next-generation" cinema projection system that uses two side-by-side 4K projectors. That would be great (potentially even an improvement over 70mm) except the setup won't be complete until mid-January, when Star Wars' one-month exclusive run ends. In the meantime, the Loews Lincoln Square will use its digital projector, which means moviegoers will be watching a widescreen image that won't fill the massive 76' x 97' screen.
Saxsoon
AG
quote:

I bought a ticket for the one true, 70mm IMAX in NYC, and it's not even showing the movie in the format. What is the point of filming it in 70mm and not actually show it in that format in all 70mm theaters?

Thank goodness the Boeing iMax I am going to is playing it.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The thing that really annoys me is that I could've gotten a ticket at another IMAX in Long Island and grabbed a really good seat, but I got a crappy seat at this theater because I figured it was worth it for the 70mm IMAX scenes on Jakku.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
The thing that really annoys me is that I could've gotten a ticket at another IMAX in Long Island and grabbed a really good seat, but I got a crappy seat at this theater because I figured it was worth it for the 70mm IMAX scenes on Jakku.
Sorry mate! These are the kinds of things in life that are extremely frustrating! You put a lot of time/effort into making the right choice and then this sort of thing happens.

Just remember, it's our ability to shrug it off and say, "whatever dude" that separates us from the crazies!!!
The Collective
AG
The BES meltdown is occurring finally?
amercer
AG
Lockheed Martin IMAX, National Air & Space Museum

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I could force choke a ***** right about now.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
In other news... these are dope.

http://www.fandango.com/movie-news/exclusive-artwork-star-wars-day-of-the-dead-749943

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Think Colbert's onto something here.

The Collective
AG
Texags is garbage
Posted this on the Zoo, but figured you guys would appreciate this.

The Collective
AG
The Collective
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I love Colbert. I feel bad not watching his new format, but I like Fallon's stuff more and I miss the actual Colbert character, but I"m sure he'll geek out full tilt once December hits and have all the stars of the movie on. Should be a lot of fun.
The Collective
AG
quote:
I love Colbert. I feel bad not watching his new format, but I like Fallon's stuff more and I miss the actual Colbert character, but I"m sure he'll geek out full tilt once December hits and have all the stars of the movie on. Should be a lot of fun.

I wonder if Kimmel will get first dibs, because... Disney.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Speaking of which, looks like Harrison Ford is on Kimmel tonight.
heddleston
AG
thats flippin sweet. my sister the Spanish teacher will love it as well.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Show just started, if anyone wants to watch Harrison's interview.

Kimmel's wearing a Leia costume and Guillermo is Yoda.
SeattleAgJr
SeattleAgJr
Texaggie7nine
Ford is pretty lit in that interview.
7nine
COOL LASER FALCON
I love how excited Ford is for this movie. He seemed really into that interview.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
allycakes
Battle for Christmas morning
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
DB Coach
AG
quote:

Seriously WTF. I bought 4 tickets to the only one in the area for this specific reason, on Sunday! I could have gotten tickets on Friday and not have wait three days and drive across the Metroplex just to see it like I would at the local.
thaed137
AG
Wow yeah he definitely looks sauced in that hahaha. Still excited for the movie!
jr15aggie
AG
Harrison Ford said "trust me", the movie is "really, really good"!!!!

Hype Confirmed!!!!

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
In case you missed it, Kimmel will have a Star Wars-only special on his show on November 23 with JJ Abrams, Daisy Ridley, Adam Driver, and John Boyega.

Methinks they will likely give us a glimpse of our first actual scene of the movie here.
First Page Last Page
Page 239 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.