Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,860,185 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 9 hrs ago by TCTTS
OnlyForNow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Regarding the H Ford - Kimmel interview...

Does he have parkinson's like MJ Fox?

Why is he moving around so much?
AR_Ag95
AG
He had to been hitting the sauce a little.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Being 73 years old might have something to do with it.
Legal Custodian
AG
And he is always incredibly awkward during interviews, this isn't really an outlier
OnlyForNow
AG
He was acting really weird in the David Baline thing as well.
mazag08
AG
Ford has a history of seeming either high or drunk on late night interviews.

He's apparently very awkward to start with, but there's no way he wasn't on something during this one, which is absolutely hilarious..

http://splitsider.com/2010/11/harrison-ford-was-high-as-****-on-conan/
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ford is always interesting on talk shows. He's always like that, doubt he was drunk or otherwise.
HeadGames
AG
Very little alcohol and anxiety meds will make you like that easily.
jabberwalkie09
AG
I think I remember his interview on Conan being rather.... Humorous and interesting as well.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Maybe one of the big plot twists of TFA is that Han Solo is totally senile and his actual speech from the trailer is:

"It's true, all of it... the dark side, the Jedi, Greedo shooting first, I stepped on Jabba's tail, the Nazis, Shia LeBouf fencing on a moving jeep and swinging with CGI monkeys, the Replicants, that **** I did with Josh Hartnett, the Age of Adaline, Gary Oldman as a Russian, me and Mace Windu fighting Ned Stark when he was skinny, barking at the president like some little junkyard dog, operation reciprocity, cutter, ritter, escobedo, variable, the one-armed man, sallah, the guy with the big sword i shot in the marketplace, yeah i know, i had the runs that day, everyone knows that, stop pretending you know some amazing trivia about me... bad dates, Doc Ock tried to screw me over getting the idol, me and Qui-Gon Jinn as Russians on a nuclear submarine, it's real."
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
The AMC in Times Square has already sold out 18 showings on Thursday night. There are 18 more, and no doubt they'll sell out as well. Pretty crazy.

Also, they have a showing at 6:30 labeled "private screening". Sort of pisses me off that there'll be people in the country watching this movie a half hour before me.
oragator
Well for some bizarre reason, air France passengers get to watch it starting Dec 15th,

Because if there is any group of people who should get it early, it's the French.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3296605/Passengers-board-Air-France-flights-new-Star-Wars-movie-three-days-release.html
Texaggie7nine
Dude I'm totally gonna book a flight to France so I can see it 2 days early on a 10" screen!!!!
7nine
benMath08
AG
quote:
Dude I'm totally gonna book a flight to France so I can see it 2 days early on a 10" screen!!!!
"Air France said it was teaming up with EuropaCorp CINEMAS to offer advance screenings of the film for passengers on four of its Paris-bound flights on December 15. "

"Registered travellers will be given free tickets and a free ride in a 'dedicated Star Wars shuttle' to a cinema to watch the film the day after landing in Paris."

It's not clear to me if they actually get to watch on the 15th or 16th, either way a pretty cool deal for some people I bet.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
**** the French!
twilly
AG

Given out at Yell Practice tonight
SeattleAgJr
The Collective
AG
SeattleAgJr
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
All the Star Wars stuff on campus seems a bit random, but I support it.
TCTTS
AG
Yeah, I can't figure out the connection. Because it's Halloween? Even then, it seems so random.
twilly
AG
They did a shout out to the Visual/Digital Arts department during the game. Plus there were reps from ILM/Lucasfilm on campus doing presentations.
AgMarauder04
AG
The battlefield commercials showing on watch espn are incredible.
Gangnam Style
AG
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/3qvj6w/theory_jar_jar_binks_was_a_trained_force_user/

If this theory is correct, Jar Jar might be the greatest character in the Star Wars saga.
TCTTS
AG
BryanAggie2013
AG
quote:
https://www.reddit.com/r/StarWars/comments/3qvj6w/theory_jar_jar_binks_was_a_trained_force_user/

If this theory is correct, Jar Jar might be the greatest character in the Star Wars saga.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Had one of the coolest, most entertaining dreams I've ever had last night. (That did not involve sex.)

I show up at the inaugural event at a brand new, 200k+ stadium. It was a massive triple decker, circular arena. Looked a bit like this one from Harry Potter, except it went around a much bigger area.

Anyway, the place is jam packed, and it takes me like an hour to finally get to my seat. Finally, a hush comes over the stadium as the show is about to start. Everyone looks up to the sky, and in the far distance, you can see two Star Destroyers hovering overhead, coming in from either direction.

Then suddenly, a huge wave of ships comes in from all sides, and an aerial dogfight commences. X-wings, Y-wings, Jedi starfighters, TIE fighters, you name it. And then the Falcon comes in really low over the stadium and shoots down some TIEs, and the place goes nuts. All the while, John Williams' music is blasting from the speakers. Of course, I couldn't help but try to record the whole thing on my phone, thinking it was the coolest thing I'd ever seen.

That's what I can remember. I woke up feeling thoroughly entertained, but also disappointed that this does not exist in the real world. Maybe some day?
Duncan Idaho
quote:

If this gains traction, I have zero doubt that Lucas will honestly BELEIVE that this was his real intentions all along.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Boyega on Ford. Pretty funny, it's exactly how I picture Harrison Ford.

Brian Earl Spilner
AG
And Mark Hamill on Ford. Looking really good, incidentally.

TCTTS
AG
The Force Awakens officially comes out NEXT MONTH.
double aught
AG
quote:
Boyega on Ford. Pretty funny, it's exactly how I picture Harrison Ford.

Funny. "Does he use a hand clap to pay for things?"
Duncan Idaho
My favorite thing about this clip is that he uses "I" and doesn't talk about his character in the 3rd person.

For some reason that annoys the hell out of me.
Texags is garbage
quote:

quote:
Also note that in Attack of the Clones, when they first meet up again, Anakin is forlorn and tells Jar Jar, "She (Padme) has forgotten me completely."

Jar Jar is very quick to buoy his hopes, though, telling Anakin, "No, no she's happy to see you, happier than I've ever seen her!"

I think Lucas chimed in on that reddit thread.

First Page Last Page
Page 240 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.