Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,761 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by TCTTS
AggieSouth06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
quote:
I didn't see this posted on here but thought it was an interesting read

Theory That Luke Turned At the End of Jedi

Overthinking. Lucas made **** up as he went. His method was way too haphazard to read this much into it.
aTmAg
AG
I haven't read all of this thread out of fear of getting spoiled, but is anybody else worried that they are basically making a modern duplicate of the original trilogy? Replacing Darth Vader with that new guy, replacing Luke with that chick, etc. That seems like something Disney would do.
Texaggie7nine
quote:
I haven't read all of this thread out of fear of getting spoiled, but is anybody else worried that they are basically making a modern duplicate of the original trilogy? Replacing Darth Vader with that new guy, replacing Luke with that chick, etc. That seems like something Disney would do.
Disney handed over creative control to JJ. We good.
7nine
R0GUE
AG
quote:

So you'd rather have geriatric-wars?
The Collective
AG
quote:
I haven't read all of this thread out of fear of getting spoiled, but is anybody else worried that they are basically making a modern duplicate of the original trilogy?

The thought has crossed my mind.
aTmAg
AG
I know some Star Trek fans who cannot stand what JJ did to that franchise. But their complaints of him changing an intelligent franchise into another Die Hard in space wouldn't apply for Star Wars. There are several paths that JJ could go that would make me eye roll:

1) duplicating the original series. Replace the aging characters with newer, yet similar ones, and replay the same basic theme of "trust the force" over again

2) Having it be a bunch of Jedi karate championships. Each new movie produces an even badder more impressive bad guy with even more karate moves that the new Luke will have to destroy.

3) having a new even LARGER death star this time that they have to blow up

stuff like that.
AliasMan02
AG
Especially in the first of the new films, you'll see intentional mirroring for sure, but it won't drive the whole plot.
The Collective
AG
I think most fans are craving for a nod to the old films, so it will happen. I think the idea of a super weapon will continue to be a central theme. It's pretty much part of the Star Wars universe at this point.
jabberwalkie09
AG
I think it was pretty clear by into darkness that JJ was a better fit for Star Wars than Star Trek. Paramount I think gave JJ a little too much latitude to work with, which gave us a Spock that didn't really come across as Spock but rather an emotional mess continually going through ponfar (spelling?).
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
I know some Star Trek fans who cannot stand what JJ did to that franchise.
Are Star Trek fans ever happy?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
quote:
I know some Star Trek fans who cannot stand what JJ did to that franchise.
Are Star Trek fans ever happy?

If you haven't seen this movie, quit your job and go watch it.
double aught
AG
Can I just watch it after work? That would work better for me.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

jeffk
AG
quote:

I heard he got lightsabered 9 times and lived!!!
AgLaw02
AG
quote:
...is anybody else worried that they are basically making a modern duplicate of the original trilogy? Replacing Darth Vader with that new guy, replacing Luke with that chick, etc. That seems like something Disney would do.
That would suck. Don't re-tell the same old stories. Use the rich Star Wars universe as the setting for new adventures.
Idk3
AG
Great Movie!
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
Great Movie!
Our DVR crapped out 3 days after I finally recorded it. Frikkin ATT Uverse.
Hard to top a movie with cameos by Lando, Leia, Darth Maul, Machete, Kirk, Seth Rogen, and Kenny Powers.

Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Upcoming edition of Newsweek.

TCTTS
jr15aggie
AG
Somebody wants to increase their magazine sales by 300% for one issue!!!
Malachi Constant
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Pretty cool except for Luke's yellow lightsaber.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
Is it just me, or does the emperor on the right side of the photo look EXACTLY like Luke?
The Collective
AG
Spolier
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Saxsoon
AG
quote:
quote:
Is it just me, or does the emperor on the right side of the photo look EXACTLY like Luke?

**** it does
Texags is garbage
I highly doubt JJ can match the quality of this scene.

Thomas Ford 91
AG

Luke is in the trailer?
SeattleAgJr
Brian Earl Spilner
AliasMan02
AG
Rough day. Just watched both teasers, the behind the scenes featurette, and the trailer again, back to back. Just can't wait for this. "Excited" doesn't begin to describe how I feel about it. It's been a really hard, stressful year, and this is coming down at the tail end to cap it off the right way. I can't promise I won't cry at some point.
dave94
AG
quote:
Upcoming edition of Newsweek.

I think that artwork look Knox-ian.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Rough day. Just watched both teasers, the behind the scenes featurette, and the trailer again, back to back. Just can't wait for this. "Excited" doesn't begin to describe how I feel about it. It's been a really hard, stressful year, and this is coming down at the tail end to cap it off the right way. I can't promise I won't cry at some point.

fig96
AG
Going off into the Anthology films, rumor they've tapped Michael B Jordan to play Boba Fett in the stand alone film. Some interesting theories here.

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Star-Wars-Boba-Fett-Spinoff-May-Eyeing-Fantastic-Four-Actor-87537.html
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
that rumor is 3 weeks stale.
First Page Last Page
Page 238 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.