Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,860,007 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by TCTTS
AgLaw02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Thanks, R0GUE. I'm also enjoying TCTTS's speculation.

Reading some of the other "fan-fiction" predictions is just brutal.
jr15aggie
AG
Thanks for filling us in on the comics. Just those items alone were more important and interesting than anything that happened in the entire Aftermath book. I do like the idea of Luke not being like the Jedi Lucas showed us in the prequels. I prefer a Luke that isn't afraid to kill or choke a couple piggies guards.

To the other post above... I think it very likely that that Kylo (a Solo) is 10 years or so older than Rey and Luke began training him. Something happened and Kylo was "lost". I don't think Rey was ever trained (we are assuming she will be a Jedi which I think is a certainty).
mazag08
AG
So.. Poe is the new Luke and it will come out that he is of Skywalker blood.

Rey is the new Leia and Poes sister.

Finn is the new Han.
jeffk
AG
So the Ticket Oak was a Jedi?!?!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Was reading this article on Shattered Empire and came across this interesting bit.

quote:
On a mission to Naboo yes, a shoutout to the prequel trilogy! Leia has a moment of unexpected premonition, sensing what definitely seems to be Darth Maul, the Sith Lord killed in Star Wars: Episode I and later resurrected in the Star Wars: The Clone Wars animated series. Not only is this one of the first times that we've seen Leia use the Force, but it's also a suggestion that Maul is, somehow, still around and on Naboo ... which could set up future plot lines for the movie or ancillary material. The Empire might think that the Force is meaningless, but that doesn't mean that other threats to the Rebellion agree, after all ...
I wouldn't think much of it, but then I remembered that interesting bit of trivia I posted last week, about Benicio del Toro being the original actor cast for Darth Maul before dropping out. And we know he was cast for Ep VIII.

This is starting to get interesting...
R0GUE
AG
I read that as Leia getting a vision of what happened between Maul and Qui-Gon, because she enters that exact chamber where the fight happened. Not that Maul is still necessarily alive and kicking, but you never know.

On a somewhat related note, this Reddit AMA talks about the cancelled Darth Maul video game. I was working at the studio at the time and when the game got cancelled I was one of about 40 people who got laid off as a result. (He talks about it in the thread). Just thought some of you might find it interesting.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/3q2mpm/hi_im_dan_borth_of_red_fly_studio_the_creators_of/
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Another fan poster:
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Damn, that sucks. Seems like there was quite a bit of games cancelled after the Disney acquisition. One of the overlooked negative effects of it. 1313 would've been awesome.
jr15aggie
AG
Lol... If del torro plays an old Darth Maul we might all just lose it! Horrible mistake by Lucas to "kill" him in phantom menace. Snoke a Sith... Recruiting Kylo, but Maul shows up to take his place. Kylo vs. Maul. Perhaps Kylo loses and or is turned to the light... Perhaps... Perhaps I'm getting Way out there way too early!

Lol... Give me a break though.... Aggie football sucks again!
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG

quote:
Aggie football sucks again!

Don't you hate when you come to a thread not about football while starting to watch the game on DVR and some nerfherder spoils it for you?
Cave Johnson, CEO
AG
Edited for Muck.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Maul being the mentor figure for Kylo would be pretty damn awesome.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
Maul being the mentor figure for Kylo would be pretty damn awesome.
No it would not. It would mean Maul had laid around unknown for 50 years. And that it's possible to get cut in half, fall 500 feet, and be fine.
TCTTS
AG
^ This.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
He survived, that is canon regardless.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
He survived, that is canon regardless.
He survived to the part of Clone Wars where Palpy killed his brother and defeated him. Do you think Palps let him just hang out for the next 25 years?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Sort of like how Palps let Yoda hang around for 20+ years?
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
Sort of like how Palps let Yoda hang around for 20+ years?
If Maul shows up in the Force Awakens or Episodes VIII or IX, I'll build you your own pod racer.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Interesting. Music from the trailer was not Williams, nor is it from the film.

http://makingstarwars.net/2015/10/the-star-wars-the-force-awakens-trailer-music-was-not-done-by-the-maestro-himself/
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I didn't even say he was, I said it was interesting. Chill.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
I didn't even say he was, I said it was interesting. Chill.
Fine, no pod racer for you. I was hoping to see you outside your house yelling "IT'S WORKING! IT'S WORKING!"
jr15aggie
AG
quote:

quote:
Aggie football sucks again!

Don't you hate when you come to a thread not about football while starting to watch the game on DVR and some nerfherder spoils it for you?
My honest and sincere apologies! No intention of negatively spoiling what you might call a football team. In my defense... stay the freak off TexAgs if you are recording the game and are not caught up to real time. But otherwise, seriously, I meant no harm!
TCTTS
AG
TCTTS
AG
^ I usually cringe at fan-made trailers, but this one is phenomenal.
jr15aggie
AG
That was really good!
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Well that was very well done.
Duncan Idaho
Not bad
The Collective
AG
quote:

Come on, now, trailer gives away too much information.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
jr15aggie
AG
Incredible!!!

Makes me want to cry... but I think those are football tears so perhaps it has nothing to do with the brilliant drawing! I really need Star Wars to be good!!!
AgLaw
AG
quote:
And that it's possible to get cut in half, fall 500 feet, and be fine.

Tis but a scratch.

512Ag
AG
I introduced my two older kids to Star Wars (Episodes IV & V so far) within the past week. My son just turned 3 and my daughter is 4.5 -- they love it. They've asked to watch just about every day. Today we were watching Empire and my daughter and I had this conversation:

Her: Dad, what are those red things coming out of the Empire [AT-AT]?
Me: Lasers. It's their kind of bullets.
Her: Right. But it's not bullets. They're lasers made from a hint of fire and just a hint of sticks and wood."
Me: That sounds right.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:
I introduced my two older kids to Star Wars (Episodes IV & V so far) within the past week. My son just turned 3 and my daughter is 4.5 -- they love it. They've asked to watch just about every day. Today we were watching Empire and my daughter and I had this conversation:

Her: Dad, what are those red things coming out of the Empire [AT-AT]?
Me: Lasers. It's their kind of bullets.
Her: Right. But it's not bullets. They're lasers made from a hint of fire and just a hint of sticks and wood."
Me: That sounds right.
Love it. I have twin 3 year old daughters, and one is totally into Star Wars, the other only mildly (she prefers Frozen and such). They have a Star Wars ABC book, with has stormtroopers for 'S'. Today we watched one of the silly Star Wars dance videos they have at Disney World, and my SW -loving daughter said, "Look, Daddy, a bunch of stormtroopers just walked out!"

The 'Z' page is Zam Wessell, who I explained to her is mean to Anakin and Obi-Wan. I told her that Zam tries to hit Anakin with her car to which she replied, "She shouldn't hit Anakin with her car, she should get her own car and let him have his car. If she takes his car, it'll be mean because that will hurt Anakin's feelings."

She loves to know who is best friends with whom - Yoda and Obi-Wan; Han & Chewie; and wants to know who saves the day in every movie, usually ending with "And at the very, very end, Darth Vader saves the day because he was being mean to his son but then he was nice."
The Collective
AG
Was this posted?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Nice. Though I think the Ocean's 11 one is my favorite.
First Page Last Page
Page 234 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.