Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,859,878 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 8 hrs ago by TCTTS
aarjon
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The only option im seeing is digital download for $99 on iTunes, would rather just 'rent' them..
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
quote:
There's also one other character in the movie I think might be related to one of the original three, but I don't want to speculate here because if true, it'd be a major twist.

BB-8 is R2D2s love child with a soccer ball?
Or...

Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
quote:
The only option im seeing is digital download for $99 on iTunes, would rather just 'rent' them..

We just bought them last night since my wife has never seen them. Freaked me out when I saw CGI added Jabba the Hut.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
$99 for digital? Highway robbery. The saga bluray set is cheaper than that.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:

Probably $150 if you can just get the original trilogy without prequels.
The Collective
AG
quote:

Is the $99 inclusive of the $20 off promo code if you complete the download of AOTC?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You can watch TFA tomorrow, except you have to sit through a 12 marathon of the Holiday Special in the theater first, with only one 30 minute break.

What do you do?
jeffk
AG
quote:
You can watch TFA tomorrow, except you have to sit through a 12 marathon of the Holiday Special in the theater first, with only one 30 minute break.

What do you do?

Is there alcohol?
aarjon
Dale.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Sure, but you can only have the one break. And no sleeping.
jr15aggie
AG
OK... here's my Thursday lunch time plot theory leading up to and the first part of Ep VII. Yeah it's long!!!

1st: I'm 100% convinced the opening scene of the movie is indeed on Jakku... Stormtrooper Finn is there along with Kylo, Phasma, Poe Dameron & BB8.
2nd: I am 95% certain that shot of Luke with R2 is the direct aftermath of this scene.

So here's how it all goes down:

The Battle of Jakku: Basically this was 1 year after Endor and was pretty much the breaking of the Empire and forced them to retreat to the outer rim territories (and apparently come back years later as The First Order). Was a massive space & ground battle. Luke wouldn't have missed such an important battle. Huge victory for the "New Republic" (formerly the rebellion).

Luke never left Jakku: I don't know why... maybe he freaked everybody out with his power. Maybe he knew the empire was defeated and was simply sick of war. Who knows, but he is now determined to stay in a very similar place he couldn't wait to leave as a kid. It's not a complete secret that he is there, but he just wants to be left alone.

Luke found love: Of course he did, he's a stud. Local woman conceives child... Kira Skywalker. Isn't long before trouble comes looking for the famous Luke and local woman is killed. Child will never be safe so Luke does the only thing he can, gives up child to old man (Von Sydow... shot in the dark) and renames her Rey for safety. Luke turns into Ben Kenobi and disappears, but he's still watching. The name Luke Skywalker turns into legend after a few short decades and only Leia and Han know Luke is still alive.

Ep VII: The First Order has recently revealed itself and Kylo and crew are already in orbit above Jakku, being the last known location of Skywalker (which is a BIG deal to the Jedi fanboy and the mysterious Snoke). Leia knows what's up and has dispatched Poe Dameron to warn Luke. Upon seeing Poe's X-Wing land on the planet, Kylo knows something is going on and sends a landing party to capture him. He ransacks the village thinking Skywalker must be there. They take Poe back to the ship for questioning after they find nothing. Luke, having sensed the disturbance in the force, arrives after to find the remains of a village. He knows his days of hiding are over. He discovers BB8 and sends the droid to Rey with a "present" to be kept safe until the appropriate time as well as a message.

The Force has no coincidences and soon Finn (after escaping with Poe) is led to Rey. Good thing for him because somebody else is coming for Rey... Han & Chewy. They arrive via smuggling cargo ship to go unnoticed by The First Order. Showing up in the Millenium Falcon would be a bit obvious... but that wouldn't have been possible anyway... because it too has been hidden on Jakku for years waiting for when the day would come. Rey is found and Finn tags along... Han takes them to the Falcon, "Chewy, we're home!". Han gets Luke's message & instructions from BB8 and the escape from Jakku in the Falcon proceeds to melt our brains with awesomeness!

PS: Poe Dameron left Finn with his jacket and a thanks / good luck because he now had a new mission that Finn could not be trusted to know about... get Luke Skywalker and get him the heck off Jakku! (none of this is shown on screen however).
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:

Am I allowed to have my tablet/computer with me?
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
quote:
This is true, but I didn't want to wait. Plus I've gotten lazy about ripping new Blurays to my HDD. This way I can watch them any where and not have to deal with ripping and moving them around to different devices.

Either way, I think I'm going to torrent the Despecialized version tonight. The additions to Episode IV I saw last night were horrendous and distracting.
TCTTS
AG
Damn it, jr.

I legitimately believe this is how it goes down. There are a couple of dynamics you mention I never even considered, but explain a lot and make total sense.

Awesome work. I'm all in.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Damn it, jr.

I legitimately believe this is how it goes down. There are a couple of dynamics you mention I never even considered, but explain a lot and make total sense.

Awesome work. I'm all in.

Thanks brother!

There are a couple things I'm keying on:

SOMETHING has to bring the First Order, Poe Dameron, & Han Chewy to Jakku and I really doubt it's just a Lightsaber.

Why are Han & Chewy there? It sure seems like the Falcon was also "gone" for a while ("we're home") but we know it's on Jakku as well. The Falcon wouldn't just be there unless they knew they would need it somebody.

I just think it all goes back to Luke, but we'll only see him briefly at the beginning, but behind the hood the whole time like in the R2 shot. And we won't hear him say a word, you just see him looking at BB8 from a distance and then giving the droid something (remind you of anybody). I'm just hoping I'm right about Poe rescuing him (100% off camera) while Han is rescuing Rey. Would be awesome if Finn sees Poe later and asks, "Did you find what you were looking for on Jakku?"... Poe just winks at him and grins, "yeah, I found it!"
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
amercer
AG
So was the battle of Jakku an EU thing? Not looking for spoilers, I just want to know how much back story exists.
TCTTS
AG
The Battle of Jakku happened post-ROTJ. Was the final death rattle / last ditch effort of the Empire, and they failed. Not EU, will be cannon and will be covered in the Battlefront video game next month and referenced in TFA.
TCTTS
AG

quote:
SOMETHING has to bring the First Order, Poe Dameron, & Han Chewy to Jakku and I really doubt it's just a Lightsaber.

Why are Han & Chewy there? It sure seems like the Falcon was also "gone" for a while ("we're home") but we know it's on Jakku as well. The Falcon wouldn't just be there unless they knew they would need it somebody.

I'm with you, but we still don't have proof that A) Han & Chewy are on Jakku, and B) that's them flying the Falcon on Jakku. Rumors way back when had Rey and Finn piloting the Falcon off world and then meeting Han and Chewy, but I think your version of events makes WAY more sense, and isn't as happenstance. That said, Poe will definitely be captured long before Han potentially saves Rey and Finn.
wangus12
AG
Jr, that is freaking perfect
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
quote:

Am I allowed to have my tablet/computer with me?
Absolutely not.
TCTTS
AG
What's so cool is that all of this speculation is only FIRST ACT stuff. From here, all we know is that they go to a castle and meet Maz, eventually meet Leia and the Resistance, and end up on a snow planet at some point. Beyond those facts, I literally know nothing else about the plot other than a few minor nuggets here and there.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
We see a glimpse of a forest planet being destroyed. Listening to a SW podcast that says that the superweapon destroys systems by causing stars to supernova. So gotta assume that what we're seeing is an entire system being destroyed in that scene.

Which will be absolutely nuts.
TCTTS
AG
I'm betting that forest planet is also the Resistance planet. Maybe.
MJ20/20
AG
Does Han die?
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
I'm betting that forest planet is also the Resistance planet. Maybe.

I'm betting we are all back in Yavin IV.
Prime0882
AG
Rolling Stone Article About TPM Trailer Hype

So... the linked article discusses the hype generated when The Phantom Menace's trailer came out back in the day. I really don't remember getting as hyped by that trailer, especially after watching it again now, as compared to this one. What do y'all think.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
quote:

What do you do?
i'd kill you with a Gaffi stick and bury your lifeless corpse in the Dune Sea to watch it tomorrow.
Flashdiaz
AG
quote:
quote:

What do you do?
i'd kill you with a Gaffi stick and bury your lifeless corpse in the Dune Sea to watch it tomorrow.
let's just hope you're never near JJ Abrams
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
Does Han die?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
quote:

What do you do?
But then I don't get to see it.
The Collective
AG
quote:
Does Han die?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
double aught
AG
quote:
And after skipping TCTTS' post and a few others, this where I bow out for spoilers. Y'all seem to be TRYING to figure out the plot of the movie in advance (after complaining that most trailers give too much stuff away). No complaints, but I'm out. Prefer to have everything (even opening scenes) be a surprise. Have fun!
This. I'm out.
AgMarauder04
AG
quote:
Any theories to explain Kylo dressed as a rebel pilot?

Maybe flashbacks to him before he turned to the dark side?

When is this?
First Page Last Page
Page 228 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.