Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,860,328 Views | 43820 Replies | Last: 13 min ago by The Porkchop Express
TCTTS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The oven is officially set to preheat. Things are definitely warming up. And if Oscar Isaac actually ends up in a Star Wars movie, I will be absolutely over the moon...

http://www.deadline.com/2014/04/star-wars-cast-rumors-oscar-isaac-adam-driver-john-boyega
TCTTS
AG
Very intriguing as well...

quote:
The big surprise, I’m told, is that Ford has a gigantic role in the first of the next three films. Disney hasn’t been commenting on any of this, and today’s no different. Stay tuned.
COOL LASER FALCON
Intriguing is probably a good word. I'm excited and optimistic about this, but when was the last time Harrison Ford was good in anything and it's been a long time since he was in anything good.

I know this is different, because it's Han Solo, but him having a major role is not great news in my opinion. Trying to keep my expectations and hopes down to earth I guess.
TCTTS
AG
Agreed 100%. Just hoping the Han Solo-ness of it all takes over his performance this time...
COOL LASER FALCON
Maybe Han had a hard time handling the fame from the battle on Endor and he responded by becoming a weird old grouch with an earring who has a hard time looking people in the eye.
double aught
AG
42?
TCTTS
AG
Adam Driver, John Boyega, and Maisie Richardson-Sellers seem like they're gonna stick. Those names have come up over and over again, while Isaac is still a wildcard. He might have a scheduling conflict with a theater performance, apparently. Still, all these names are far from confirmed. But if they pan out, THIS is the main cast of Star Wars Episode VII. And based what little I know about a couple of these choices, I'm definitely on board. Driver and Isaac alone are enough for me to be all-in. Hopefully we'll get confirmation in a few days...

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 4/28/2014 8:27p).]
COOL LASER FALCON
quote:
42?
meh at best, imo and I thought he was pretty terrible in it.

I feel like I'm just being negative and not adding anything. I'll stop.
RebAg13
TCTTS
AG
Ha, I will never understand this thread. Everyone gripes about no news, yet the two times in the past few weeks we've had legitimate casting news, not a single follow-up comment. But news breaks about the EU and this thread blows up...
mid90
AG
quote:
Maybe Han had a hard time handling the fame from the battle on Endor and he responded by becoming a weird old grouch with an earring who has a hard time looking people in the eye.

Rocagnante
AG
http://m.deadline.com/2014/04/star-wars-cast-official-full-list/

Cast is set.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I am super geeked that Star Wars.com is too busy to load right now.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
This might have just become the greatest picture in Star Wars history.

TCTTS
AG
WOW.

15 MONTHS after J.J. Abrams was announced as director, the cast is finally, officially set....

TCTTS
AG
Ha, beat me to it MuckRaker96.

Still, I absolutely LOVE this cast. So, so awesome.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
im pretty pysched about max von sydow.

is andy serkis playing jar jar's grandson?
Urban Ag
AG
Holy crap

It's amazing for me and maybe a little personal as well.

In the summer of 1977 I sat on my dad's lap at the single screen cinema in Port Angeles, WA, at the age of 3.5 years old and saw the original Star Wars with that cast.

God willing, at the age of 42 and 38 years later, I'll watch that same cast with my kids.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I was also 3 years old in 1977 when i first saw star wars with my dad and brother.

we saw all 5 other episodes together.

my daughters will be 3 years old in 2015
boogieman
AG

That picture!

[This message has been edited by boogieman (edited 4/29/2014 12:13p).]
zgood10
Simplebay
AG
max von sydow and andy serkis. i think Oscar Isaac is incredibly underrated as well.

hell fking yes abrams.

Domhnall Gleeson....meh. John Boyega, i have high hopes for, haven't seen him in enough.
So glad to see the three-year-old kid posts. My daughter will have just turned three when ep VII comes out. Definitely taking her.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Domhall Gleeson = Bill Weasley from Harry Potter. He'll need one of those "deal with it" T-shirts like they have for Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellan and Eomer/Scotty/Dredd
HeadGames
AG
A large part of the original cast being in this movie makes me about a million times more excited for this film. It feels right.

If it is any good, I might totally geek out and see it like 3 times on opening day.
AgMarauder04
AG
MArk Hamill did not age gracefully...
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I cannot stop looking at that picture. Golumn, Luke Skywalker and C3PO sitting in a row. Nuts.
TCTTS
AG
quote:
I cannot stop looking at that picture. Golumn, Luke Skywalker and C3PO sitting in a row. Nuts.

Notice WHERE people are sitting, btw. Daisy Ridley sitting in between Ford & Fisher is a pretty good indicator that she's their kid (which Chewbacca just off to the side). Boyega and Isaac together tells me they're potentially the Luke/Obi-Wan this go-around (Boyega was the first cast member listed, so I'm assuming he's the lead). Still trying to figure out the rest...
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
You just figured that out today?

That's probably at least half the reason he's growing the Jedi Master beard.
Nonregdrummer09
AG
I really wanted Episode 7 to move on from the original cast and that storyline, but Hollywood would never allow for that I guess.
Who's the guy between the villain and Abrams?
jr15aggie
AG
A picture... awesome!!! I can't wait to get our next piece of news 6 months from now

I'm going to want ZERO spoilers when I go to see this flick... but at the same time, anybody got any spoilers!!!???
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Damn, I'm posting a lot.

Envisioning Peter Mayhew going over the script reading , "OK, here it's a long growl, here it's 2 short growls." Got it.
Ag Since 83
AG
Was hoping Plemons would come true, but exciting nevertheless.
TCTTS
AG
Really hoping Serkis isn't doing mo-cap either. He's pretty great as a human in King Kong and The Prestige. He's sitting between Hamill, Boyega and Isaac, so I'm assuming he's a good guy regardless. I also like how Driver, as the villain, is between the two groups.
First Page Last Page
Page 20 of 1253

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.