Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,858,786 Views | 43819 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by TCTTS
RebAg13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
TCTTS
AG
No idea if this is real or not. Seems pretty legit/reasonable until the last three sentences. Then again, we know how ridiculously insane Abrams is about spoilers, so I wouldn't put it past him. Especially with the amount of pressure he's facing...

http://makingstarwars.net/2014/04/youll-never-work-in-this-town-again-bad-robot-abrams-confidentiality-letter-to-new-hires/

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 4/17/2014 4:10p).]
COOL LASER FALCON
That's pretty awesome if it's real. What percentage would you say of stuff that gets "leaked" is really leaked without the consent or at least knowledge of the studio?
TCTTS
AG
A lot. I'd say at least 50% of all leaks are without studio consent, if not way more.

[This message has been edited by TCTTS (edited 4/17/2014 4:10p).]
israeliag
AG
Gotta be fake:
quote:
We take secrecy very important at BR.

TCTTS
AG
It's a fake, according to a few in-the-know people on twitter...
YouBet
AG
It might be fake but I don't doubt the sentiment isn't carried out if he finds out a particular person leaks.
double aught
AG
Why would someone go to the trouble of typing up a fake letter like that? What is there to gain? Seems like an odd thing to do.
el aggie
AG
To quote Donald Glover, "Because the Internet."
SlimM
AG
quote:
Why would someone go to the trouble of typing up a fake letter like that? What is there to gain? Seems like an odd thing to do.

More importantly, why would they go to all that trouble, but not proofread it for typos and grammar mistakes? If they're going to make the effort, at least commit to it!

Simplebay
AG
around $175 million to $200 million budget? Hmm, that surely won't include another 100MM in marketing no doubt.
TCTTS
AG
Mike Vollman, Head of Global Marketing for Lucasfulm, just retweeted this...

Retweeted by michael vollman
Sean Campbell ‏@Melanism
@TheInSneider They are probably saving all announcements for May 4th (Star Wars Day) but they need to learn to say nothing until then

Vollman hadn't tweeted in almost five months, either. I know it's basically nothing, but speculation has been on that date for a while now, and at the very least adds more fuel for the fire. It's a Sunday, but ultimately I don't think that will matter. If true, that's only twelve days way, and essentially the longest conceivable time they could have waited to announce, seeing as filming begins less than two weeks after.
TCTTS
AG
I don't mean to fan the flames, but be on the lookout for news potentially dropping tomorrow as well. A few in-the-know blogger types seem to think the big announcement (casting, etc), will either be tomorrow (Thursday), next Thursday, or the following Sunday (May the 4th). I'm still betting it all goes down on the 4th, but just offering a heads up...
TCTTS
AG
Kyle Buchanan ‏@kylebuchanan
Star Wars 7 casting announcements will come soon, but I'm told that Disney will hold the title reveal until Comic Con. Worked for Marvel...
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Today soon?
Legal Custodian
AG
You're getting me all hot and bothered TCTTS
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
I admit I am checking the internet for star wars news a whole lot more than I usually do.

SO like 50 times a day instead of 48.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Damn you TCTTS
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
How about we pass the time with some great Prequel rumors that were passed around before being debunked?

I'll start with a couple of favorites:

1) There was a Lady Kenobi in Episode I.
2) There was a male Asian "Sith Assassin" for Attack of the Clones. I believe AICN even had a sketch of the guy.
TCTTS
AG
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
http://starwars.com/news/the-legendary-star-wars-expanded-universe-turns-a-new-page.html

TLDR; - The EU is being cast aside, and from this point forward all SW content will be interconnected as part of a new "canon".

Old EU will be titled with a "Legends" banner to differentiate.

[This message has been edited by Brian Earl Spilner (edited 4/25/2014 12:43p).]
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Translation, we're stamping a "Legends" on everything and reselling it to you!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
I am in support of this. All things Star Wars should be a single universe, one cohesive story.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
/uberdork - they showed a clip of the end fight of KOTOR and the player had the damn wookie with them fighting against Darth Malak, what the hell?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
You mean wookiee.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
that doesn't answer my question. I spent so long hurling grenades at Malak and running for my life, and here's this jerk having Zaalbar plug him with a bowcaster to distract him.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Well I'm ashamed to say I've never played KOTOR, so I can't help you. In fact the only 3 SW games I've played are Rogue Leader, Battlefront, and the podracer one for N64.
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
Battlefront was great. Especially online. Never knew how much I held a grudge until spending 10 minutes tracking down the guy who just killed me so I could kill him back, even if it meant using the rocket launcher at point blank range to kill us both.
redline248
AG
quote:
Battlefront was great. Especially online. Never knew how much I held a grudge until spending 10 minutes tracking down the guy who just killed me so I could kill him back, even if it meant using the rocket launcher at point blank range to kill us both.
Cyprian
AG
I played the crap out of some X-Wing back in the day.
TCTTS
AG
With filming set to begin in the next two or three weeks, both Hamill and Ford were photographed in London (where production is based) over the weekend, while Fisher has been confirmed to have flown in late last week. Again, I'd expect an official announcement at some point in the next week (hopefully). This is actually happening, folks...

TCTTS
AG
A bit more on Hamill from AICN...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/67097

I had no idea that Peter Serafinowicz, the other actor in the Hamill pic (some of you may recognize him from the London-set Parks & Rec episodes) was also the voice of Darth Maul. Pretty cool.
TCTTS
AG
A pretty good bit from Badass Digest on Abrams' whole ridiculous mystery box schtick as it pertains to the sightings this past weekend...

http://badassdigest.com/2014/04/28/why-mark-hamills-travel-itinerary-is-now-star-wars-news/
Legal Custodian
AG
That's a great article TCTTS. And honestly it hits home a little too hard
TCTTS
First Page Last Page
Page 19 of 1252

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.