Star Wars Discussion Thread

5,860,895 Views | 43822 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by The Porkchop Express
Fat Bib Fortuna
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
just an additional 2-3 scenes of Anakin/Palps in AOTC and ROTS would have made it so much better.

The problem is, where did the darkness come from? He loses control one time in the first two movies, and that's to slaughter some guys who just tortured his mother to death. Who wouldn't do the same thing?

The better story would have been having to live up to the Chosen One mantra, having to bear the weight of so many losses, being constantly reined in by the Jedi Order if only because they don't know what to do with his "end justifies the means" mentality, that when it comes to deciding to stick to the order that trained him or side with the guy who says "use your powers the way you want to do to what's right", he makes the obvious choice.
slickag2007
AG
Resurrecting Vader is a poor idea. This should not happen under any circumstances. That would make the focus shift from new characters to old characters. Leave him dead.
Aggie_3
Would we not be seeing Vader in Rogue Squadron?
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
If you're speaking to the new trilogy, then I agree. But he fits right into the timeline of Rogue One. Plus I don't see them making him nearly as prominent as in say, ESB.
slickag2007
AG
I'm fine with him being in Rogue One. But not the new trilogy.
TCTTS
AG
Definitely don't want a resurrected Vader, but if Episode XIII uses Vader/Christensen in a flashback capacity, that could be pretty cool in Rian Johnson's hands.
AgMarauder04
AG
Vader in Rogue One would be pretty fitting, I think.
Bruce Almighty
AG
One that's up there for me, and one people will look down on was my first trip back to Houston after moving to Missouri and going to my favorite childhood restaurant: Ninfa's. Sometimes, nothing beats childhood nostalgia.
wangus12
AG
I think everyone here agrees that resurrecting him is a bad idea for the new trilogy. Perhaps a flashback which is fine.

However, definitely don't have an issue with him being in Rogue One
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
quote:
One that's up there for me, and one people will look down on was my first trip back to Houston after moving to Missouri and going to my favorite childhood restaurant: Ninfa's. Sometimes, nothing beats childhood nostalgia.

Oddly, relevant to this thread.
Bruce Almighty
AG
Damnit. And you had to quote it so its here forever.
AliasMan02
AG
The best part of The Clone Wars was filling in many of the gaps in Anakin's character that are being referenced in this thread. Unlike the films, it made him a character worth giving a damn about.
SeattleAgJr

SpreadsheetAg
AG
RanDom thought, may have been discussed: before (haha)...

Anyways, I'm re watching the trailers and is it possible that Han saying: "we're home "on the Falcon...

Is it possible that he and Chewie have been holed up on this desert planet taking care of Luke's offspring in the background like the hermit "old Ben" from ANH? And at the end when Chewie and Whatsherface are flying off... Has Han sacrificed himself (again like "old Ben") to save them and let them escape... Become that "damned old fool, I knew you'd say that"
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

Saxsoon
AG
quote:
http://ramblingmanblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Darth-Vulcan.png

Subtle
MGS
quote:
http://ramblingmanblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/Darth-Vulcan.png

Great thing about this pic, you can also reuse it for day 55.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Brilliant.
jr15aggie
AG
quote:
Brilliant.
Indeed.

Sometimes in my own life I feel like: I'm trying to get back to the year... 19... 85!!!!
Brian Earl Spilner
AG

(Unfortunately, not real.)
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
quote:

(Unfortunately, not real.)
It moved then shriveled. You are now my most hated poster.
Aggie_3
that's just messed up to tease us with that
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Apologies all around. Here's a beer.
wangus12
AG
I plan on eventually buying a PS4. I would drop everything for that
bankshot11
AG
Star Wars Facebook page has an awesome 360 degree interactive video of Rey's speeder traveling past a downed Star Destroyer on Jakku.
jr15aggie
AG

Princess Leia is more than happy to give up her beer... cause she's off to do blow with the sound crew!
Saxsoon
AG
quote:

Princess Leia is more than happy to give up her beer... cause she's off to do blow with the sound crew!

Sound crew got to do a lot more than blow that day
tamusc
AG
How is this not on this thread yet?

360 VR speeder ride on Jakku
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
Ok that interactive video is amazing.
Hulla Baller
AG
That was awesome!
Knife_Party
So....WHERE THE **** IS THE NEW TRAILER??? I feel like a kid stuck in a time loop and it's the day before Christmas.
Brian Earl Spilner
AG
7 days left in September. I said we'd get one in September.

Hurry up, JJ.
jabberwalkie09
AG
Fat Bib Fortuna
AG
it's totally irrational, but every day in September without a trailer, I 100% blame you, Brian.

Going to try to post the first third or so of my fan fic Episode III today to make good on my FFL promise.
TCTTS
AG
The smart bet says the trailer will debut with The Martian next week. That said, we haven't heard even a hint, which is kind of weird. If the trailer was debuting next week (say, a week from today) I feel like there would be more rumor and talk. Instead... nothing. So there's a chance they hold it for later in October, but who knows.
First Page Last Page
Page 187 of 1253

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.